Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Pixel Experience 10

188 posts
Thanks Meter: 846

By EnesSastim, Senior Member on 18th September 2019, 11:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi Note 3 [jason]

What is this?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 10.0

Bugs
*VoLTE
*SELinux is Permissive
*Tell me..

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download Latest
Download SAR-TWRP
(SAR-TWRP is a MUST and works only on this build. If you want to downgrade, download official twrp)

Liked my work? You can support me by Paypal: Here

XDA:DevDB Information
pixelexperience-q-jason, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Note 3

Contributors
EnesSastim, dianlujitao
Source Code: https://github.com/EnesSastim/kernel_xiaomi_jason

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware

Version Information

Created 2019-09-18
Last Updated 2019-09-25
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to EnesSastim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EnesSastim Ad-Free
18th September 2019, 11:14 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
istanbul

More
Changelog

09-18
* initial release

09-25
* fixed aptX
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EnesSastim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EnesSastim Ad-Free
18th September 2019, 11:24 PM |#3  
Flag Dezful
Thanks Meter: 428

More
Nice @EnesSastim , Everything Working...

[ i'll Add Some Screenshots to this Post :P ]
19th September 2019, 03:25 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
What's different between regular Mi Note 3 TWRP and SAR? Can we use SAR as the standard one or do we have to reflash the other TWRP to be able to use Lineage OS etc?
19th September 2019, 03:32 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
istanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdetiempo

What's different between regular Mi Note 3 TWRP and SAR? Can we use SAR as the standard one or do we have to reflash the other TWRP to be able to use Lineage OS etc?

SAR means System-as-root and with SAR, the ramdisk is in system, not in boot.img. I switched to SAR because Magisk isnt working with non-SAR. As your question, no you cant use SAR TWRP on other roms...
The Following User Says Thank You to EnesSastim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EnesSastim Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 10:55 AM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdetiempo

From Android 10 the rootfs is integrated into the system image, implicitly, which is called a system-as-root.

Usually, the root filesystem (rootfs) contains the in-memory mount points to /system, /etc, /sys etc. partitions.
With the system-as-root concept, the above rootfs mount points will be like following:
/system/system
/system/etc
/system/sys
and so on...

With these changes the TWRP or the GApps scripts etc. have to know that the etc mount point is now /system/etc and not like earlier /etc and so on for other partitions as well.

At least for Mi Note 3, Android 10 has this change but not the earlier Android versions. Earlier TWRPs will not work on Android 10 and this SAR TWRP will not work on other earlier Android versions.

I hope this explanation will be helpful to understand the system-as-root concept which was earlier introduced in Android Pie.
SAR was must for new devices launched with Android Pie but it was optional for devices upgrading to Android Pie from Oreo or earlier versions.
But from Android 10 the SAR has been the standard and you cannot change it, as far as I know.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shibaa987 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shibaa987 Ad-Free
19th September 2019, 03:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Thank you for your explanations! I guess I'll wait until the kinks are ironed out in this ROM before making the switch.
20th September 2019, 06:32 AM |#8  
Flag Kursk
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Photomath's camera hasn't worked since latest PE Pie.
upd: fixed by app developer
20th September 2019, 03:37 PM |#9  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi, Clean flash required from Pixel Experience 9?
20th September 2019, 04:06 PM |#10  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 286

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgcw

Hi, Clean flash required from Pixel Experience 9?

Yes, rom is good. But I can't found working Google camera on it
The Following User Says Thank You to dromaczek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dromaczek Ad-Free
20th September 2019, 09:12 PM |#11  
Flag Kursk
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't download files from Google Chrome
upd: fixed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)