[GUIDE] Gain Root Access v3 (3 Methods!)

Search This thread

Vincenzo panetta

Feb 1, 2016
Bonjour, j ai utilisé la première méthode, je suis bloqué, en premier j ouvre flashify pour demander l accès root, l application me dit que je dois être root pour utiliser, je ferme et je vais dans sécurité, accès root et là un message en chinois qui me parle de fastboot, après traduction il me demande de débloqué le fastboot ???!!! Et là je suis perdu je me retrouve avec une rom quasi inutilisable. Comment faire, je viens de recevoir mon minote pro et je peux déjà plus l utiliser. Aidez moi

azertyproxy

Feb 4, 2016
Hi, i used the first method.
However i can't find the Security app > Permissions > Root Access, only Security app > Permissions > About Root Access

BrandeX

Aug 27, 2012
Hi, i used the first method.
However i can't find the Security app > Permissions > Root Access, only Security app > Permissions > About Root Access
Yea, this appears to be removed from dev roms now. All you get is a screen in Chinese telling you to write a request why you want yout phone unlocked. They ignore the requests anyway, but claim they will SMS something if they approve the unlock. :confused:

Kahun

Sep 25, 2013
Ipswich
Yea, this appears to be removed from dev roms now. All you get is a screen in Chinese telling you to write a request why you want yout phone unlocked. They ignore the requests anyway, but claim they will SMS something if they approve the unlock. :confused:

They don't ignore they are just really busy and they don't approve everyone without a good reason

bbourizk

May 7, 2011
Ararat
Thanks for the reply mate.
So I unlocked the bootloader. had to install developer ROM for it to work.
I tried using method3 but it gets stuck on step 7
I get Sending recovery Okay
Writing recovery ok

But it does not boot into twrp just stays on the fastboot screen.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

jrosario_ao

Jun 21, 2010
Luanda
Kahun,
Thanks for the guide!
It is very usefull.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Tried two times the whole process: it doesn't work with MIUI 8.
Have to update the OP.

I'm on MIUI 8 and I could root using 3rd method.
My ROM is:
xiaomi.eu_multi_MINotePro_V8.0.2.0.LXHCNDG_v8-5.1
ROM as unlocked bootloader.
:D:D:D

Last edited:

ahdai

Jun 22, 2005
The supersu does not work with V8.2.1.0 ROM. Tried twice but it just stuck at mi logo. Anyone?

hegazy96

Jul 24, 2019
failure

I followed ur step but first time i cant find my storage
second time i cant flash the recovery
it says failed invalid argument

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello people,

This is for Mi Note Pro (leo)
    Disclaimer:
    I'm not responsible for any devices being bricked, your device blowing up or world war 3 starting! You are doing this at your own risk.
    A lot of people ask how to gain root on the Mi Note Pro without actually searching the posts so I decided to make a quick tutorial on how to do it. This is the way I have done it and I have found it to be the easiest way! :)

1st Method (THE EASIEST AND SAFEST!)

1. Go to http://en.miui.com/download-273.html and download the Developer ROM
    gqG4vgU.png

2. If you have downloaded the file through your phone it will be in the Download folder, if not plug your phone into the PC and move the .zip file over to your device.

3. Open Updater app, tap on 3 dots to open the menu and tap on Choose update package
    7BaPSdm.png

4. Navigate to where you have put in the zip file and click on it and let the phone update. (This will wipe all your data apart from pictures etc.)

5. Once it has loaded go through the setup. Open Security app > Permissions > Root Access.. There you are all done :)
    1uQELPo.png
    Make sure you open an app that requires root access first before going to Security app as it will not show up on there.

2nd Method (Advanced Users!)(Temporary TWRP Recovery)

Requirements:
    fastboot driver (Link attached)

common sense
    mi note pro!

1. First of all download all the things you need. Which are fastboot driver, twrp and supersu. All links are above ^ Copy SuperSu over to your device and keep other files on your PC
    2. Power off your device and turn it back on by holding Power button and Volume Down at the same time. This will get you into fastboot menu.
    3. Woohoo great now what you will have to do is plug your phone to your PC using a usb cable.
    4. Open up the Command Promt and navigate to the location of your fastboot driver. Mine is C:/adb so I would type cd C:/adb in the command promt
    5. Now type in fastboot devices just to make sure that your device is listed correctly.
    6. Extract the TWRP zip so you have just the .img file. Place it inside same folder as fastboot. I tend to rename it to twrp.img (makes lifes easier)
    7. Type fastboot boot twrp.img
    8. Now your phone should boot into TWRP!! :D Go to install and flash the SuperSU zip.
    9. Reboot and you are all rooted with Stock Recovery and Stable ROM!

3rd Method (Advanced Users!)(Permanent TWRP Recovery)

Requirements:
    fastboot driver

common sense
    mi note pro!

1. First of all download all the things you need. Which are fastboot driver, twrp and supersu. All links are above ^ Copy SuperSu over to your device and keep other files on your PC
    2. Power off your device and turn it back on by holding Power button and Volume Down at the same time. This will get you into fastboot menu.
    3.Woohoo great now what you will have to do is plug your phone to your PC using a usb cable.
    4. Open up the Command Promt and navigate to the location of your fastboot driver. Mine is C:/adb so I would type cd C:/adb in the command promt
    5. Now type in fastboot devices just to make sure that your device is listed correctly.
    6. Extract the TWRP zip so you have just the .img file. Place it inside same folder as fastboot. I tend to rename it to twrp.img (makes lifes easier)
    7. Type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    8. Now your phone should boot into TWRP!! :D Go to install and flash the SuperSU zip.
    9. Reboot and you are all rooted with TWRP recovery, the only problem is that your OTA updates will break. You can flash them manually, when Updater downloads an update go into TWRP>Install and navigate to downloaded_rom folder

In case you need to go back to stock Recovery because you have flashed TWRP Permanently please follow instructions on this thread.http://en.miui.com/thread-124319-1-1.html
    I followed ur step but no show root access...
    Did I miss anything?
    Yea step 5
    Tried two times the whole process: it doesn't work with MIUI 8.
    Have to update the OP.
    Correct way to root (From my experience)

Hello people,

This is for Mi Note Pro (leo)
    Disclaimer:

A lot of people ask how to gain root on the Mi Note Pro without actually searching the posts so I decided to make a quick tutorial on how to do it. This is the way I have done it and I have found it to be the easiest way! :)

1st Method (THE EASIEST AND SAFEST!)

1. Go to http://en.miui.com/download-273.html and download the Developer ROM
    gqG4vgU.png

2. If you have downloaded the file through your phone it will be in the Download folder, if not plug your phone into the PC and move the .zip file over to your device.

3. Open Updater app, tap on 3 dots to open the menu and tap on Choose update package
    7BaPSdm.png

4. Navigate to where you have put in the zip file and click on it and let the phone update. (This will wipe all your data apart from pictures etc.)

5. Once it has loaded go through the setup. Open Security app > Permissions > Root Access.. There you are all done :)
    1uQELPo.png
    Make sure you open an app that requires root access first before going to Security app as it will not show up on there.

2nd Method (Advanced Users!)(Temporary TWRP Recovery)

Requirements:
    fastboot driver (Link attached)

common sense
    mi note pro!

3. Woohoo great now what you will have to do is plug your phone to your PC using a usb cable.
    7. Type fastboot boot twrp.img
    9. Reboot and you are all rooted with Stock Recovery and Stable ROM!

3rd Method (Advanced Users!)(Permanent TWRP Recovery)

Requirements:
    fastboot driver

common sense
    mi note pro!

3.Woohoo great now what you will have to do is plug your phone to your PC using a usb cable.
    7. Type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    9. Reboot and you are all rooted with TWRP recovery, the only problem is that your OTA updates will break. You can flash them manually, when Updater downloads an update go into TWRP>Install and navigate to downloaded_rom folder

In case you need to go back to stock Recovery because you have flashed TWRP Permanently please follow instructions on this thread.http://en.miui.com/thread-124319-1-1.html

Please follow the instructions given in this cool blog by me https://mobileandpcgethelp.home.blog/