[EOL][ROM][10.0] FlokoROM v3.0 [clover/Mi Pad 4]

Search This thread

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
The new Rom works well so far, I really like it.

I just have only one problem so far: each time I try to install the DM verity zip file to remove the encryption my tablet softlocks, where it has to be forced into recovery afterwards. That even happens if I format data and do a complete wipe. before trying that.

Anyone got the same issue/is able to reproduce this? Is there maybe a solution for this issue?

lemyx

Jan 26, 2016
The new Rom works well so far, I really like it.

I just have only one problem so far: each time I try to install the DM verity zip file to remove the encryption my tablet softlocks, where it has to be forced into recovery afterwards. That even happens if I format data and do a complete wipe. before trying that.

Anyone got the same issue/is able to reproduce this? Is there maybe a solution for this issue?

I haven't got this issue. I just flashed 4 zips and it worked for me. I flashed the ROM, Open Gapps (pico), Magisk zip and "Disable Dm Verity ForceEncrypt".
And I didn't wipe data, just wiped system and cache.

Last edited:

scloss84

Jun 7, 2013
OnePlus 6
Hi all, why is it for some ROMs it is required to wipe /system and others (this one according to first post) doesn't need to wipe /system when installing the ROM? I also read some site that says never wipe /system, can someone please shed some lights? Many thanks.

Never_Sm1le

Sep 26, 2016
Hanoi
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Hi all, why is it for some ROMs it is required to wipe /system and others (this one according to first post) doesn't need to wipe /system when installing the ROM? I also read some site that says never wipe /system, can someone please shed some lights? Many thanks.

That depends. But to me wiping /system is mostly unnecessary since most rom install script will wipe it anyway. I will only wipe if developers tell me so.

Reactions: scloss84

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Huawei Watch 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Still having the deep sleep issues. After tablet restart it is working well, but after some time it is blocked and even when my tablet lays unused with screen off, deep sleep mode does not work.
I am using the same set of apps on my all devices, so it should not be problem with them. Even though, I set almost all apps to not working in background.
The only thing that I can not try now, but may cause the problem is the multiuser option. I do have second user added (with all apps tested for not blocking the deep sleep), but I wonder if adding second user itself might cause problem.

Tapatalk via Mi Pad 4

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Huawei Watch 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
In this post I would like to thank the developer for keeping the ROM fresh, smooth and updated to the newest security patches.
This is the best ROM I've been using on this device.

Tapatalk via Mi Pad 4

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Huawei Watch 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Something happened here. It's all or nothing with CPU. Screenshot_20200609-060232_CPU_Spy.jpg

Tapatalk via Mi Pad 4

iresqazm

Jun 9, 2020
thank you for the secure update dated 6/6/2020, Floko is indeed my favorite rom, it works smooth and elegant, one of the best cozy have ever experienced,

love, and all the best!

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Huawei Watch 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
thank you for the secure update dated 6/6/2020, Floko is indeed my favorite rom, it works smooth and elegant, one of the best cozy have ever experienced,

love, and all the best!
Does the CPU in your device use other frequencies than the max one? After the update the CPU works only on the max. It does enter the deep sleep though.

Update

The CPU governor is set to performance, so it uses the highest frequencies.

Tapatalk via Mi Pad 4

Last edited:

iresqazm

Jun 9, 2020
Does the CPU in your device use other frequencies than the max one? After the update the CPU works only on the max. It does enter the deep sleep though.

Update

The CPU governor is set to performance, so it uses the highest frequencies.

Tapatalk via Mi Pad 4

hi, seems youve already got your point youself, however, due to my limited knowledge im not quite sure about how to manage the balance between cpu(s) performance and battery consumption, maybe it requires kind of naive considerstion(s) such as AES features struggle to overcome,

so ive left the cpu(s) clock as-is bases, ranging from 633 - 2208 MHz, but almost cpus (1-4) are in 1843 MHz, other cpus (5-8) are in 2208 MHz, respectively,

hope this will help,

abdulhamid1978

Nov 10, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus 6
Looking to test out FlokoROM on my new Mi Pad 4, do you know if face unlock will make a return to this ROM? Currently inter-changing between 2 ROM's that both have face unlock enabled. Haven't yet decided which one to make the daily driver.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    flokowall_v3.png

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Features

Floko-specific features:
    • OmniSwitch included
    • Switch "Recents" style (now you can choose QuickStep or OmniSwitch as default recents!)
    • Locale(language) Tile in QS
    • Remove Music Player (install what you like)
    • Remove "non-free" Font Packages
    • Disable ADB when gaming mode (optional)
    • LineageOS screenrecoder

crDroid and LineageOS features:
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Switch 4G/LTE icon
    • Battery bar
    • Statusbar Quick/Smart pulldown
    • QS columns
    • Notification Ticker
    • Smart Charging
    • Rounded corners
    • Style(Theming)
    • Volume panel customization

Known Issues

• If you encountered other issues, please tell me

How to Install

1. MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR DATA.
    2. (First time) Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik
    3. Flash ROM, GApps, Magisk(optional), dm-verity Disabler(optional)...
    4. Reboot to System
    5. Enjoy.

Thanks

love. respect. and love.

ROM:

• crDroid
    • LineageOS
    • OmniROM
    Device:
    • xiaomi-sdm660 team
    • rcstar6696
    • GuaiYiHu

Team

Downloads

Reporting Bugs

• DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Source Codes

XDA:DevDB Information
    FlokoROM, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

Contributors
    1indwurm, 1indwurm
    Source Code: https://github.com/FlokoROM

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: crDroid, LineageOS

Version Information
    Alpha

Created 2020-04-13
    Last Updated 2020-04-13
    FAQ

Why this ROM encrypting my /data partition? How to disable it?
    FlokoROM enabled forceencrypt for /data partition as default to avoid problem and keep your data securely.

If you don't want encryption, you can use this Universal DM-Verity, ForceEncrypt, Disk Quota Disabler .
    note: This Disabler require formatted /data . you can use it at first time you flash Floko. DO NOT use for already encrypted /data .

First time: in TWRP, Format Data(THIS WILL ERASE YOUR DATA) -> Flash Floko -> OpenGApps(optional) -> Magisk(recommended) -> Flash Disabler .
    update: Flash Floko -> OpenGApps(optional) -> Magisk(recommended) -> Flash Disabler.

Why this ROM can't install Netflix?
    We never use spoofed fingerprint from other devices. but you can change it at your own risk. Try MagiskHide Props Config Module.

Why FlokoROM doesn't support "Fast Charge"?
    Hardware issue. Mi Pad 4 DOES NOT support ANY "fast charge", 5V/2A is max (depend on charger and cable).

Battery is drained!
    1. Please DISABLE pocket detection in FlokoSettings.
    2. If your Mi Pad 4 is rooted, change CPU Governor(ex. conservative) from performance(maybe default).

Changelog

You can read full changelog (Git changes) in FlokoROM. Open Settings -> Floko Settings -> about FlokoROM -> current changelog .

Code:
    [SIZE="3"]
    Floko-v3.0-clover-20210219_070711-OFFICIAL: 2021.02 release
      * Include 2021-02-05 security patch level 

Floko-v3.0-clover-20201226_013450-OFFICIAL: 2020.12 release
      * Include 2020-12-05 security patch levels

Floko-v3.0-clover-20201031_045346-OFFICIAL: 2020.10 release
      * Include 2020-10-05 security patch levels
      * Reduce audio latency for some applications

Floko-v3.0-clover-20200808_105647-OFFICIAL: 2020.08 release
      * Include 2020-08-05 security patch levels
      * add Updater with Official OTA notification

Floko-v3.0-clover-20200713_063400-OFFICIAL: 2020.07 release
      * Include 2020-07-05 security patch levels
      * themeable ON/OFF switch

Floko-v3.0-clover-20200607_140303-OFFICIAL: 2020.06 release
      * Include 2020-06-05 security patch levels
      * Add notification clear all button
      * show Brightness slider in QS
      * add back weather parts

Floko-v3.0-clover-20200511_104512-OFFICIAL: 2020.05 release
      * Include 2020-05-05 security patch levels

Floko-v3.0-clover-20200415_013414-OFFICIAL: fix
      * Remove FaceUnlock (due to license violation)

Floko-v3.0-clover-20200412_134431-OFFICIAL: 2020.04 release
      * Initial public release!
      * Include 2020-04-05 security patch levels
      * Interface transparency in FlokoSettings
      * Locale(language) Tile in QS
      * better OmniSwitch integration
      * Face unlock is back
      * Landscape lockscreen is finally fixed

Floko-v3.0-clover-20200301_042627-EXPERIMENTAL: v3 RC
      * v3.0 (based on crDroid)
      * OmniSwitch
      * remove non-free fonts
      * disable adb in gaming-mode
    [/SIZE]
    I pushed Floko-v3.0-clover- 20201226_013450-OFFICIAL to SourceForge, OTA will available in few hours.

changelog:
    * 2020-12-05 security patch level
    I pushed Floko-v3.0-clover-20210219_070711-OFFICIAL to SourceForge, and OTA is now available.

changelog:
    * 2021-02-05 security patch level

IMPORTANT NOTE: FlokoROM v3 (based on Android 10) development/maintainance will shutdown at the end of March.
    Next build for clover will be the last one.

I have no plans to maintain FlokoROM v4 (based on Android 11) for clover at this time.
    development statuses

We've moved official builds to SourceForge, and next build will include OTA Updater.