Mi Pad 5 around the corner?

Search This thread

Momotani-Hitoshi

Nov 23, 2013
  • Mi Pad 1 - 05/14
  • Mi Pad 2 - 11/15
  • Mi Pad 3 - 04/17
  • Mi Pad 4 - 06/18

Release cycle seems to be between 14-18months. The Mi Pad 4 was announced 06/18 and it has been almost 18mo since then so a Mi Pad 5 coming soon?

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
I have not heard anyting about new mi pad, but I read news about new new Redmi pad. We will see new pads in Redmi line only , I think.
It has a sense. Mi pad 4 was released with android 8 and died with android 8. The not important devices without any android upgrades will be moved to redmi brand.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9635294

I have not heard anyting about new mi pad, but I read news about new new Redmi pad. We will see new pads in Redmi line only , I think.
It has a sense. Mi pad 4 was released with android 8 and died with android 8. The not important devices without any android upgrades will be moved to redmi brand.
started petition for a long time though you guys may have seen it and think that it is useless

pnin

IMHO, (Android) tablets are the best for media consumption and heavy reading.

I've had two Asus, one (pricey) LG, and the Mi Pad 4 and I like them very much.

What I don't like is to get expensive, outdated and/or unwieldy hardware, and that's why I don't care for low-rez displays, feeble processors and 10-inch form factors.

Granted, tablets tend to last much longer than smartphones but when companies say there's no demand for tablets, what they really mean is there's no demand they are willing to supply for the profit they want. 😶

pnin

Build me a tablet with a FHD color e-ink display, medium to high processor, decent stereo speakers and long battery life, along with amenities like sd card slot, headphone jack and USB OTG and I'll reach for my wallet in a second....

Rustdroid

Looks like the Mi Pad 5 is going to launch tomorrow. I've seen the specs on Geekbench and the look really good, snapdragon 870 and 120Hz display. I'm still happy with my Mi Pad 4 it's running great on Android 11 only thing I don't like about it is speakers on the bottom, would be nice to have a speaker on left and right while using it in landscape.

If I do get one I'll wait for a bit for the price to come down, I'm in no rush to get one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like the Mi Pad 5 is going to launch tomorrow. I've seen the specs on Geekbench and the look really good, snapdragon 870 and 120Hz display. I'm still happy with my Mi Pad 4 it's running great on Android 11 only thing I don't like about it is speakers on the bottom, would be nice to have a speaker on left and right while using it in landscape.

If I do get one I'll wait for a bit for the price to come down, I'm in no rush to get one.
    Lineage os 18.1 from xda. It works very good on LTE version.
    Mi pad 5 seems to be heavy (.5kg). It is 200g more. I do not think, this heavy device will be good for games or read internet. Maybe i do not strong enough for keep it in hands during hours. I will stay with pad 4 ...