[Xiaomi Mi Pad 4] Android Generic System Image installation Guide

Search This thread

cRaZy-bisCuiT

Feb 25, 2013
Thank you very much, mate! Can we expect to see an official TWRP release as well as LineageOS 15.1?

PS: Does Android P GIS work well? Are there any known issues so far?

Imoseyon

Recognized Developer
Dec 21, 2010
Mountain View, CA
Anyone able to root using Magisk on v9.6.23 boot.img (http://en.miui.com/thread-3538488-1-1.html)? Magisk patched boot.img doesn't seems to boot for me and I have to revert to stock boot.img.

Edit: hah, never mind. I forgot to disable forceencrypt when i flashed the new stock kernel and it encrypted data. Had to wipe data and unencrypt to root again.

Last edited:
Reactions: poondog

bartekm01

Sep 3, 2017
Hi
Could You please write with recovery version is this? There are 2 recovery versions as of 2018.7.13 and 2018.7.11 with description like bellow:

2018.7.13 update
1. Fix the problem of not recognizing the external memory card.
2. After brushing in twrp, the first time you enter twrp, it may restart once. This is normal. If you restart repeatedly, or you cannot decrypt the data, please give me feedback in time.
2018.7.11 update:
1. Update the attempt to repair the decrypted data, and expect whether the follow-up can reach the expected.
2. After brushing in twrp, the first time you enter twrp, it may restart once. This is normal. If you restart repeatedly, or you cannot decrypt the data, please give me feedback in time.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

I booted my pad with Your recovery and I can't see external SD card, so I expect that is the 2018.7.11 version. Am I right?

Last edited:

bartekm01

Sep 3, 2017
Hi again.
I found on another forum recovery that supports external sd-card. It's: recovery-TWRP-3.2.2-0713-MIPAD4-RuEn-Kirhe.img and it's working fine on my mi pad 4
2iw9k5.jpg

iwodtz.jpg

Last edited:

jonklinger

Jan 13, 2012
Encryption

Hi
Could You please write with recovery version is this? There are 2 recovery versions as of 2018.7.13 and 2018.7.11 with description like bellow:

2018.7.13 update
1. Fix the problem of not recognizing the external memory card.
2018.7.11 update:
1. Update the attempt to repair the decrypted data, and expect whether the follow-up can reach the expected.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

I booted my pad with Your recovery and I can't see external SD card, so I expect that is the 2018.7.11 version. Am I right?

Hi,

Were you able to encrypt your Mi Pad after flashing the GSI?

arkansis

Feb 22, 2015
Paris
Hi !
What's the difference between ab version and aonly version ?

EDIT: I flash today Android Pie GSI version.

After flashing GSI, you can found Open GAPPS unofficial here: https://builds.nezorfla.me/?dir=opengapps/pie/arm64

For no error 70, before flashing Open GAPPS, you must do that: Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select System -> Repair or Change File System -> Resize File System -> Swipe to Resize
After, you can flash Open GAPPS, Magisk (for root) and Dm-Verity, and finally reboot

Last edited:

bartekm01

Sep 3, 2017
Have you also flashed the misc file together with the TWRP? Or in this version there is no need?
No only TWRP. I didn't flash misc - I think that misc changing region but I did not found any information about it.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Hi !
What's the difference between ab version and aonly version ?

EDIT: I flash today Android Pie GSI version.

After flashing GSI, you can found Open GAPPS unofficial here: https://builds.nezorfla.me/?dir=opengapps/pie/arm64

For no error 70, before flashing Open GAPPS, you must do that: Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select System -> Repair or Change File System -> Resize File System -> Swipe to Resize
After, you can flash Open GAPPS, Magisk (for root) and Dm-Verity, and finally reboot

MiPad4 is only a partition. There is no b partition for seamless updates.

So far I didn't install any GSI but I've have installed China stable, developer and xiaomi.eu roms and I didn't have to resize system partitions. An ROMs are bigger maybe that's why You need to extend partitions but installation should end with error because of lack "b" partition

Last edited:
Reactions: snke

Top Liked Posts