FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery] [UNOFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.3-0 Mi Pad 3 (Cappu)

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

Post Reply Email Thread
TWRP 3.2.1-0

Here is an updated version of TWRP for Mi Pad 3 (Codename: Cappu). This is the latest update based on TWRP v3.2.1-0 I used TWRP by Multirom and rakomancha's TWRP as base for a working device / twrp tree for our device. I have tested this version for some hours and discovered no errors - but tell me if you find some. If you are looking for a tree for your Mediatek MT8173 / MT8176 device you can use my one as base. You should also have a look at the twrp main-thread for all neccessary changes that need to be made.

DISCLAIMER
This image has only been successfully tested by me at this point.
Please exercise caution and care when attempting to flash anything to your device.
You are completely responsible for any possible issues or damages resultant from undertaking the following procedures.
That being said, this image and method should be safe.

Installation:

Method 1:

1. Open Settings -> About Phone -> tap 5-7 times on Miui Version to activate Developer Options.
2. Open Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Developer Options and activate USB-Debugging.
3. Turn your Tablet off.
4. Extract SP_Driver_V1524.zip on your Windows PC with (7zip) and install drivers.
5. Extract SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1720.00.000.zip on your Windows PC with (7zip).
6. Download twrp-3.2.3-0-cappu-20180906.img and MT8173_Android_scatter.txt.
7. Open the folder SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1620_WinSP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows _v5.1720.00.000 and run flash_tool.exe.
8. In SP Flash Tool open the file scatter (MT8173_Android_scatter.txt) with the yellow button on the right (Scatter-loading).
9. Uncheck all boxes, except "Recovery"
10. Press the green (DOWNLOAD) Button. After that plug your usb cable into Mi Pad 3 and wait until SP Flash Tool says FINISH!
11. TRWP was flashed successfully and is now ready to use. Turn the tablet off. Hold Volume(+) and Power Button until you see TWRP Menu.

Method 2:

1. Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2317790
2. Open Settings -> About Phone -> tap 5-7 times on Miui Version to activate Developer Options.
3. Open Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Developer Options and activate USB-Debugging.
4. Turn the tablet off. Hold Volume(-) and Power Button until you see Mi Bunny / Fastboot.
5. Plug your usb cable into your Mi Pad 3.
6. Open cmd window in Windows and browse to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
7. Download twrp-3.2.3-0-cappu-20180906.img and copy to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder.
8. Type in cmd window: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-cappu-20180906.img. If successful, reboot and hold Volume(+) and Power Button until you see TWRP.

To get Root access, flash this Latest version of Magisk. You can find the downloads and a guide here.

Downloads:
twrp-3.2.3-0-cappu-20180306.img 2018-09-06 Update: TWRP 3.2.3-0
MT8173_Android_Scatter.txt
SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1720.00.000.zip
SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1620_Linux_64bit.zip
SP_Driver_V1524.zip

TWRP Tree on Github: https://github.com/Goayandi/android_twrp_xiaomi_cappu
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Goayandi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Goayandi Ad-Free

28th February 2018, 04:48 AM |#2  
Flag Gwangju
Thanks Meter: 401

More
I can't touch display with this TWRP. How can I fix it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Genie's For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Genie's Ad-Free
28th February 2018, 09:59 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie's

What ROM did you flash TWRP over?

Before flashing TWRP (via Method 2), I first flashed the China Stable ROM V9.2.2.0 found at en.miui.com. Touchscreen worked perfect for me
1st March 2018, 01:59 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Essen

More
Quote:

As alfiean already said you should try to flash China Stable or Developer ROM before you flash TWRP. When I flashed an older version of TWRP on my new Mi Pad 3 I mentioned touch problems, too. After flashing China Dev Rom everything worked fine.
6th March 2018, 09:36 AM |#5  
Flag Gwangju
Thanks Meter: 401

More
OK, I fixed the touch issue.
By the way, this recovery seems MTP not working.
6th March 2018, 10:45 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Essen

More
Quote:

OK, I fixed the touch issue.
By the way, this recovery seems MTP not working.

Oh, really? Seems like i forgot the flags for MTP. I'll include it in an updated version

Update: twrp-3.2.1-0-cappu-20180306.img - Fixed MTP and added some minor improvements.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goayandi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Goayandi Ad-Free
31st March 2018, 06:32 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goayandi

Oh, really? Seems like i forgot the flags for MTP. I'll include it in an updated version

Update: twrp-3.2.1-0-cappu-20180306.img - Fixed MTP and added some minor improvements.

Found a bug:
Unable to flash SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip with the following error:
Code:
- Finding boot image
--- Boot image: not found, aborting
Same for other SU versions.
But with twrp-3.1.0-cappu_b4.img (by multirom.me) I've flashed same SU package successfully without any errors.
17th July 2018, 10:47 PM |#8  
Flag Pavia
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Is encryption working?
23rd September 2018, 07:57 AM |#9  
This isn't working on LATEST MIUI 10 FOR Mi Pad 3. It shows 0 MB. Please help me. It was working. Then i flashed miui 10 and twrp for several times. it isnt working. @Goayandi
latest miui 10 for mi pad 3: http://en.miui.com/thread-3939343-1-1.html
10th October 2018, 07:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Someone can upload new versions os this recovery
10th October 2018, 07:12 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Essen

More
Sorry, I've been working on other projects the last weeks I haven't tried Miui10, yet. But I will have a look on it this weekend
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)