Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 has been EoL'd

Search This thread

udaan

Sep 11, 2013
ENz1W1H.png

Link:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-9-14.41552/

Latest version for Mi Pad 2 can be downloaded from here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=213123 (MIUI 9) for global* version or from MIUI http://en.miui.com/download-296.html (MIUI 8) for Chinese version.
*Mi pad 2 doesn't really have global version, .EU version comes with pre-installed google services and removed Chinese bloatware.

This is a bad news for Mi Pad 2 owners because they do not have any solid custom ROM support for their device, which is due to lack of propitiatory Intel Atom's source code. So even if developers tried hard to deliver custom ROM they simply cannot. So unlike Mi Pad 1 even if Xiaomi EoL'd the support in a similar way last week, they can still get custom ROMs and patch support as long as developers delivers them. But for Mi Pad 2 it is simply not possible.

Reactions: ferreinf

Palm Trees

Dec 9, 2016
Yes, we do. Thanks to livedten and multirom.me. I'm getting tired of redirecting people (https://multirom.me/read.php?tid=445&fid=54).
Livedten has done very well with his MIRU Mod. I suggest everyone who owns a Mi Pad 2 to flash the MIUI firmware and MIRU mod from Multirom.me

The reason why Xiaomi.eu has dropped support for Mi tablets can be found here "Sorry guys, we have no more free time to take care of tablets and debug them.. " (https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/is-the-mi-pad-3-is-still-being-updated.41551/#post-386099).

Furthermore, if you paid attention to what @tank0412 wrote, you would know that Lenovo has a Nougat update scheduled and that opens the door for Android N development for the Atom series. Lastly, if you really want Mi Pad 2 development, I suggest you donate a Mi Pad 2 to @KonstaT over at Modaco (http://www.modaco.com/forums/forum/445-other-devices/) - he's the brain behind all Atom custom rom development.

Reactions: ferreinf

udaan

Sep 11, 2013
Yes, we do. Thanks to livedten and multirom.me. I'm getting tired of redirecting people (https://multirom.me/read.php?tid=445&fid=54).
Livedten has done very well with his MIRU Mod. I suggest everyone who owns a Mi Pad 2 to flash the MIUI firmware and MIRU mod from Multirom.me.
Dose it support OTA updates? Or has repo where I can download latest version of the ROM? I don't understand Russian language. Sorry.
And MIUI.com has also suspended maintaining Latte device.

Palm Trees

Dec 9, 2016
Dose it support OTA updates? Or has repo where I can download latest version of the ROM? I don't understand Russian language. Sorry.
And MIUI.com has also suspended maintaining Latte device.

If you understand how to use a translator, you'll navigate just fine. Follow the instructions in the link provided.
Just like Xiaomi.eu, OTA updates aren't supported, but I never had a dirty flash gone sour from neither Xiaomi.eu or Multirom.me. That is, of course, if you follow the instructions properly. Meaning firmware version must match MIRU Mod version in order for both to work. Livedten hasn't updated MIRU Mod since 3/9-2017, so currently the two don't match. I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before the two are aligned again and we can enjoy MIUI 9 development on Mi Pad 2.

Please provide an official link stating that MIUI 9 development has been suspended. Either way, I'm very satisfied with the performance of my Mi Pad 2 using MIRU mod. Though I am curious to see, if Lenovo releases an Android N update as scheduled and if that could potentially help spark the development of custom roms and sort some of the current issues :)

udaan

Sep 11, 2013
If you understand how to use a translator, you'll navigate just fine. Follow the instructions in the link provided.
Just like Xiaomi.eu, OTA updates aren't supported, but I never had a dirty flash gone sour from neither Xiaomi.eu or Multirom.me. That is, of course, if you follow the instructions properly. Meaning firmware version must match MIRU Mod version in order for both to work. Livedten hasn't updated MIRU Mod since 3/9-2017, so currently the two don't match. I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before the two are aligned again and we can enjoy MIUI 9 development on Mi Pad 2.

Please provide an official link stating that MIUI 9 development has been suspended. Either way, I'm very satisfied with the performance of my Mi Pad 2 using MIRU mod. Though I am curious to see, if Lenovo releases an Android N update as scheduled and if that could potentially help spark the development of custom roms and sort some of the current issues :)

.EU rom is far better than Chinese ROM. I haven't tried Russian roms because I cannot read it and google doesn't do justice on translation. I got to the yandex link, but there are so many stuffs in there. Like what do I install? If you look at the OP, I have linked the latest link for .EU ROM, which Is what I am using now. It surely is faster than MIUI 8. But sadly it has been EoL'd as you can see. They are not going to maintain it any longer.

And officially they have said MIUI 9 will be last MIUI update for MiPad2, somewhere. Cant find link, look it for yourself.

Palm Trees

Dec 9, 2016
.EU rom is far better than Chinese ROM. I haven't tried Russian roms because I cannot read it and google doesn't do justice on translation. I got to the yandex link, but there are so many stuffs in there. Like what do I install? If you look at the OP, I have linked the latest link for .EU ROM, which Is what I am using now. It surely is faster than MIUI 8. But sadly it has been EoL'd as you can see. They are not going to maintain it any longer.

And officially they have said MIUI 9 will be last MIUI update for MiPad2, somewhere. Cant find link, look it for yourself.

I asked you for a link, because I couldn't find any information confirming Xiaomi will stop releasing more updates for Mi Pad 2. Spreading fake news is never good. Mi Pad 2 hasn't been EOL'd. Only by Xiaomi.eu, but not by others.

Livedten actually points out that it doesn't matter if you use Xiaomi.eu, Multirom.me, etc. MIRU mod should be compatible with all of them.

multirom_MIPAD2_7.9.14_v5.1_b10.zip can be found here https://multirom.me/index.php?m=app&a=view&id=11&app=roms
A MIRU Mod version that matches 7.9.14_v5.1_b10 hasn't been uploaded, so you'll have to install MIRU Mod.

Palm Trees

Dec 9, 2016
So do I just flash it over to MIUI9?

Make a backup first. Just in case. As can be read in the 'ИЗМЕНЕНИЯ_MIRU_universal.docx' document
"Mod (and its idea) is completely reassembled, should work on any firmware , multirom . me , xiaomi . eu , miui . su , en . miui . com ... and so on. in any case, the key operating time is on the firmware from the multirom . me ." This excerpt was translated using Google Translate.

udaan

Sep 11, 2013
Make a backup first. Just in case. As can be read in the 'ИЗМЕНЕНИЯ_MIRU_universal.docx' document
"Mod (and its idea) is completely reassembled, should work on any firmware , multirom . me , xiaomi . eu , miui . su , en . miui . com ... and so on. in any case, the key operating time is on the firmware from the multirom . me ." This excerpt was translated using Google Translate.

btw, will they release the full ROM in future like .EU folks?

Palm Trees

Dec 9, 2016
btw, will they release the full ROM in future like .EU folks?

Probably, yeah. But beware, you might have to download the firmware zip many times, if you decide to use the MIUI 9 firmware from multirom.me, always run 'test archive' with e.g. 7zip. If no errors show, you're ready to flash, if errors show, you have to re-download. I think it's because of a server issue. I use Ninja Download Manager to succesfully download the .zip. MIRU mod downloads perfectly, since it's hosted elsewhere.

Palm Trees

Dec 9, 2016
After a few tests I managed to flash MIUI9 with MIRU Mod. You must flash both multirom_MIPAD2_7.9.14_v5.1_b10.zip + MIRU_mod_16.09.2017_для_MIPAD2_UNIVERSAL.zip at the same time in order to get it to work.

Fr1day_13

Mar 10, 2021
Android Wear
is there any working download link for the latest multirom and miru mod package?
cant find it anywhere anymore.

i found a yandex folder "MIUI_9_BACKUP" containing:
MI_mod_08.02.2018_для_MIPAD2_UNIVERSAL.zip with 144.2MB
MIRU_mod_16.09.2017_для_MIPAD2_UNIVERSAL.zip with 336.2MB

But without any instructions or anything and dont know what to do with it

Ved0704

Oct 17, 2021
So... I had the Mi pad 2 laying in my house running on MIUI 9 and one day I got curious and tried to unlock its bootloader.
I didn't remember my password and the recovery phone no. is discontinued now. and I couldn't change it or sign out.
So like an idiot, I factory reset it. And now it's asking for a password for the last mi id.
can anyone help me? Will and edl flash do the work?

Top Liked Posts