[GUIDE][HOW TO]How to increase App storage in Micromax Canvas2 colors[Kitkat 4GB/8GB]

Search This thread

st0rmz

Nov 29, 2016
I'm running a new model Win 10 Dell laptop. I tried all of your suggestions and although the phone showed up once in the Device Manager with a ! sign, and appeared to let me install the downloaded driver, I can't get it to show up without the battery in the phone. Stuck at this point! grrr...

Switch off your phone, keep the battery inside, connect it to your pc via USB cable, go to device manager, it will show an sign beside your device, right click on it and update driver software, select manual installation and browse to the location where you have kept the drivers. If you're on Windows 7, you'll just see a warning dialogue box, click on install anyway.
If you're on Windows 8 or 10, go to troubleshoot , startup settings and click press the 7 key, "Disable driver signature verification". Your pc will restart and you'll be able to install the driver.
In windows 10, if your device doesn't show up, right click on the computer icon and click on add legacy hardware then follow the steps as above. :)

SpEeDeX^

bhaskardutta101

Sep 2, 2017
Phone is not displayed on Device Manager

I have tried to follow this steps to increase the app storage in my Micromax Canvas 2 colors A120 (8GB), but when I try to update the driver the phone is not there in Device Manager.
I have done both ways-
Taking out the battery and then connecting to PC through USB.
AND
Without taking out the battery but switching the phone off.
It still doesn't show.
But it shows under Portable Devices in Device Manager when i enable MTP and without turning the phone off connect through USB.
Should I update the driver like that ? Will it work ?
Please help me.
Thank You.

GarunK5IN

Aug 18, 2022
To increase Internal App storage of canvas 2 colors A120(4gb/8gb version with stock kitkat_Custom Build version.........MMX_IN_06) just follow this steps :
Step 1: Download These Files:
A)INTERNAL APP STORAGE INCREASING FILE
B)SP FLASH TOOLS
C)ALL IN ONE MTK DRIVER
Step 2: Extract all the files
Step 3:install MTK driver
[PROCEDURE TO INSTALL MTK DRIVER:Remove the battery from your phone>connect it to pc via data cable>right click on my computer >click on manage>click on device manager>right click on your phone>update driver>browse my computer for driver software >select the driver's folder which you have extracted >ok>if u get any warning msg just allow the option>remove the data cable]

Step 4: Open SP Flash tools
Step 5: Add scatter file
Step 6:Select EBR1 and EBR2
Step 7: Click on Download
Step 8:Re connect your Canvas 2 colors via data cable (no need to insert battery)
Step 9:wait for the completion of Flashing Process
Step 10:Remove the data cable ,insert the battery and turn on your Phone
Step 11:pull down Notification panel and tap on the msg "Damaged Internal SD card"
Step 12: Tap on Format ...

Now Enjoy 2.1 GB app storage with 410MB Mass storage in 4GB version and 2.1GB app storage with 4.08 GB Mass Storage in 8gb version. .... :good:
IF YOU WANT TO REVERT BACK YOUR PHONE TO ORIGINAL STATE, JUST FLASH THE STOCK EBR..CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL EBR FILES ...
Warning :
Plz Do The Above Steps At Your Own Risk.......

It works only with Stock Kitkat.....Plz don't apply the above steps with "FOTA KITKAT UPDATE"(Custom Build V10)" or any other versions of Android
(I am not responsible for any damage you do to your device !!!! or void your warranty)

My works:
CLOCK WORK MODE RECOVERY FOR MMX C2C

Plz Hit thanks button if I helped you! :good:
Works like a Charm!
Thanks Bro , Appreciate That!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To increase Internal App storage of canvas 2 colors A120(4gb/8gb version with stock kitkat_Custom Build version.........MMX_IN_06) just follow this steps :
    Step 1: Download These Files:
    A)INTERNAL APP STORAGE INCREASING FILE
    B)SP FLASH TOOLS
    C)ALL IN ONE MTK DRIVER
    Step 2: Extract all the files
    Step 3:install MTK driver
    [PROCEDURE TO INSTALL MTK DRIVER:Remove the battery from your phone>connect it to pc via data cable>right click on my computer >click on manage>click on device manager>right click on your phone>update driver>browse my computer for driver software >select the driver's folder which you have extracted >ok>if u get any warning msg just allow the option>remove the data cable]
    Step 4: Open SP Flash tools
    Step 5: Add scatter file
    Step 6:Select EBR1 and EBR2
    Step 7: Click on Download
    Step 8:Re connect your Canvas 2 colors via data cable (no need to insert battery)
    Step 9:wait for the completion of Flashing Process
    Step 10:Remove the data cable ,insert the battery and turn on your Phone
    Step 11:pull down Notification panel and tap on the msg "Damaged Internal SD card"
    Step 12: Tap on Format ...

Now Enjoy 2.1 GB app storage with 410MB Mass storage in 4GB version and 2.1GB app storage with 4.08 GB Mass Storage in 8gb version. .... :good:
    IF YOU WANT TO REVERT BACK YOUR PHONE TO ORIGINAL STATE, JUST FLASH THE STOCK EBR..CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL EBR FILES ...
    Warning :
    Plz Do The Above Steps At Your Own Risk.......

It works only with Stock Kitkat.....Plz don't apply the above steps with "FOTA KITKAT UPDATE"(Custom Build V10)" or any other versions of Android
    (I am not responsible for any damage you do to your device !!!! or void your warranty)

My works:
    CLOCK WORK MODE RECOVERY FOR MMX C2C

Plz Hit thanks button if I helped you! :good:
    Confirmed it works with Micromax A120 (1 GB RAM, 8GB ROM) running kitkat. Thanks. :D
    Yep. This is the one.
    mtk driver link not working

plz update the mtk driver doenload link as that was showing error when downloading:good::good:....
    If phone is not detected by device manager....

Sorry, request more guidance. (have been searching all over or solution, without success yet!)
    Quote: To install MTK driver "click on manage>click on device manager>right click on your phone>" - followed the steps indicated (remove battery, connect with data cable, manage, device manager) - but my phone is not listed. Assume this will be listed as "Micromax A120" or something to indicate "phone". What should be the listed name? If not see, what needs to be done... please be bit more specific (remember, I am no technical guy!). Thanks.
    After much further internet search, I managed to complete the steps and my Phone has the increased memory now! Thanks to the developer... :). May I add the additional steps I had to do (so that another layman might find it easier to implement the steps).
    1) Go to http : / / gsmbdmobile. blogspot. in /2013/ 10/ mtk-6577-usb-vcom-driver-download. html and follow the steps (for detection of your phone in the PC Device manager). Download the relevant drivers at the bottom of the post. [I found step 10 of this procedure difficult as double clicking on the item which appear only for couple of seconds in the device manager was quite dicey. So, I had to go to another thread the follow the steps: http : / / thebroodle.com/ microsoft/ windows/ how-to-install-mtk65xx-preloader-usb-vcom-drivers-in-windows/
    2) Even after the above, I did not exactly get the phone listed in the device manager, instead I had "MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port" listed under "Ports". [I right clicked on this item to update the driver as described under step 3 in the original post of this thread].
    I am not sure, but I think, all the downloaded zip files should be extracted into a single folder (instead the different sub-folders I had created because of which the updation required me to manually point to the sub folders :) but this should be easy for even a 'layman' I think.)
    Thanks again to the great direction in the original post in this thread. So happy that there are guys who really want to help others without expecting any rewards!! Great guys and thanks again.