FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] How to Unbrick Micromax Canvas 2 Plus A110Q

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By aarish1, Senior Member on 21st October 2013, 04:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone, this is a guide that help you to unbrick Micromax Canvas 2 Plus A110Q.
Follow all the steps carefully
1. Download the stock rom v1 from here . Do not download stock rom v2 from anywhere, that rom contain many bugs.
2. Download sp flash tools form here. (tool needed for flashing rom on the device)
3. Download USB drivers from here

Now you need to install the usb preloader drivers you just downlaoded.
To install the drivers:-
1.Extract the USB drivers.rar file.
2.Switch off your phone
3.Open device manager(search for "Device Manager") or click on computer properties , then device manager..
4.Connect your phone in OFF state
5.There will be a device named "mt65xx preloader" which will be there for some seconds.
You need to be quick at this. As soon as it is displayed, right click and click update driver.
Browse manually the files from usb drivers you extracted.

NOTE: THIS METHOD WILL NOT WORK ON WINDOWS 8

Now, if you are using windows 8 do this to install the drivers:
1. Dwonlaod the usb driver.rar file.
2. Hover pointer to Top Right corner of your screen, choose Settings from sidebar
3.Click last option "Change PC Settings"
4.Select "General"
5.Scroll to end and find "Restart Now" under "Advanced Startup". PC Will be in troubleshoot mode now
6.Once screen is back, select option "Troubleshoot"
7.Select "Advanced Options"
8.Select "Startup Settings"
9.Select "Restart"
Now important step. There will be several options to select from. You need to select "Option 7". For this press "7" key from number pad.
After your PC starts, follow above steps.
10. Choose the win 7 file from usb drivers.rar file to install drivers on windows 8 .

Now,
4. Extract ROM and Flash Tool
5. Open Flash_tool.exe from SP_FLASH Tools.
6.Select "Scatter-loading" and select "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt" from ROM folder
7.Select "Download" option, it will search for phone now.(if does not detect your phone pull the battery out and put it in again.)
8.Switch OFF the phone.
9.Connect it with USB (in OFF state only) (proper divers must be installed as said above)
10.If all goes well you'll see data transfer. At the end there will be Green Circle in middle of screen which means ROM is flashed.(don't panic if there is no green circle just let it work for 10 minutes and unplug your phone from computer.)
11.Remove phone, Switch it ON.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to aarish1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aarish1 Ad-Free

9th November 2013, 04:25 AM |#2  
Terra
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Thumbs up Thanks
Thanks for this guide. I think I bricked my Canvas2+. So I'm trying this now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supersapien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supersapien Ad-Free
15th November 2013, 08:50 AM |#3  
Terra

More
I tried this and it worked. Successfully unbricked my phone.

Sent from my IQ446 Magic using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to supersapien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supersapien Ad-Free
24th November 2013, 10:39 AM |#4  
Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersapien

Thanks for this guide. I think I bricked my Canvas2+. So I'm trying this now.

hey did you successfully unbrick your phone?? and is the method working??? I also think that I bricked my phone....

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulbasu2013

hey did you successfully unbrick your phone?? and is the method working??? I also think that I bricked my phone....

I rooted my phone using "Framaroot app" by Boromir exploit and also installed Superuser.
Using ROM Toolbox pro, I changed the system font on my device.
But when I tried to revert to the system font, the phone wont turn on; (I also forgot to take a Nandroid backup)
The phone gets stuck at the boot logo.
I can enter recovery mode, and I also factory reset my phone, wiped cache, etc, but its of no use (first it turns on and then after the boot logo animation, nothing happens....)
Is my phone bricked????
Please help.......
25th November 2013, 10:27 AM |#5  
Terra

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

I rooted my phone using "Framaroot app" by Boromir exploit and also installed Superuser.
Using ROM Toolbox pro, I changed the system font on my device.
But when I tried to revert to the system font, the phone wont turn on; (I also forgot to take a Nandroid backup)
The phone gets stuck at the boot logo.
I can enter recovery mode, and I also factory reset my phone, wiped cache, etc, but its of no use (first it turns on and then after the boot logo animation, nothing happens....)
Is my phone bricked????
Please help.......

Hey, I unbricked my phone using this technique. I think you're phone is stuck in a bootloop. This method will certainly work.
25th November 2013, 05:24 PM |#6  
Kolkata

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Hey, I unbricked my phone using this technique. I think you're phone is stuck in a bootloop. This method will certainly work.

ok thanks...
The Following User Says Thank You to rahulbasu2013 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rahulbasu2013 Ad-Free
27th November 2013, 02:16 AM |#7  
Terra

More
Quote:

ok thanks...

There is a thanks button :P
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to supersapien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift supersapien Ad-Free
1st December 2013, 01:04 PM |#8  
Flag Ahemdabad
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Plz help
Quote:

hey bro i also have same problem and my phone everytime stuck on bootloop but i am out of town now so is there any to flash stock rom using cwm
Thanks in advance
5th December 2013, 04:46 PM |#9  
Flag Ahemdabad

Donate to Me
More
Plz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel117

hey bro i also have same problem and my phone everytime stuck on bootloop but i am out of town now so is there any to flash stock rom using cwm
Thanks in advance

Not any reply plz reply guys i need help
7th December 2013, 09:34 PM |#10  
Kolkata

More
Question
Hey I'm using Windows 8.1 pro... so any help?????

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel117

Not any reply plz reply guys i need help

How did you get into that problem?????
and can you describe in detail?
8th December 2013, 08:48 AM |#11  
Flag Ahemdabad

Donate to Me
More
Using fastboot
Quote:

Hey I'm using Windows 8.1 pro... so any help?????

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

How did you get into that problem?????
and can you describe in detail?

i tried fastboot but not any keys work when i tried to go back so i remove my phone battery and when i put battery again and tried to switch on it stucked on bootlogo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
canvas 2 plus, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)