Gear VR Service Stopped

Search This thread

jacksskinz

Mar 1, 2011
Okay so I have a Gear VR I think the 2015 version and a S6 EDGE PLUS (G928F) recently when I plug my phone into the vr I get nothing not even black screen it just stays on whatever screen I was on and when i unplug it I get 'Gear VR service stopped' or Gear VR Service keeps stopping'

I have tried uninstalling updates of all gear vr apps
I have tried factory reset
Even when I try to open any vr app without the headset I still get 'gear vr service stopped' straight away the error comes up, no blank screen or insert headset screen

Please can someone help me with this issue, contemplating downgrading to marshmellow

Please note I am running Super fast and famous 3 nougat rom

**Also my phone continues to bootloop when installing a stock rom, the only way I fix this is by flashing supersu zip file, my phone will not boot any version of stock roms without installing supersu for some reason, that also maybe my problem, when I do full unroot on supersu I get bootloop again, possibily the gear vr wont run with root but as I have stated my phone wont boot without root either I get the usual fail drk check error until I root it

sshaw190

Apr 29, 2014
Okay so I have a Gear VR I think the 2015 version and a S6 EDGE PLUS (G928F) recently when I plug my phone into the vr I get nothing not even black screen it just stays on whatever screen I was on and when i unplug it I get 'Gear VR service stopped' or Gear VR Service keeps stopping'

I have tried uninstalling updates of all gear vr apps
I have tried factory reset
Even when I try to open any vr app without the headset I still get 'gear vr service stopped' straight away the error comes up, no blank screen or insert headset screen

Please can someone help me with this issue, contemplating downgrading to marshmellow

Please note I am running Super fast and famous 3 nougat rom

**Also my phone continues to bootloop when installing a stock rom, the only way I fix this is by flashing supersu zip file, my phone will not boot any version of stock roms without installing supersu for some reason, that also maybe my problem, when I do full unroot on supersu I get bootloop again, possibily the gear vr wont run with root but as I have stated my phone wont boot without root either I get the usual fail drk check error until I root it

hey there, did you ever manage to find a fix? I have the exact same problem and was hoping to get it sorted.
many thanks