FORUMS

Phone's virtual desktop inside gear vr

89 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By waltpinpin, Member on 14th February 2020, 09:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Although not planned in the oculus home a "virtual screen" of my phone (galaxy note9) appeared to me ...

I discovered it by chance by receiving a notification on my smartwatch and clicking "open on the phone"

it seems that this function is natively planned since there is under this virtual screen a horizontal menu allowing to choose its orientation (portrait / landscape) as well as the button to return to the oculus menu. There is even a slider to adjust the screen size!
In addition, all the functions of the telephone seem to be operational and accessible via the controller.
really a shame that you have to go through another bluetooth device to access this virtual screen
a smartwatch is therefore one of the means to access it (or bluetooth keyboard)

Does anyone have an idea to directly access this function in oculus otherwise?
15th May 2020, 12:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I discovered it by chance too and noticed that for example the Xbox Stream app had a lower Resolution then using the App on Phonecast in VR i think. I don't remember well, but i think i could not resize the Window, too. I could hardly remember why the 'virtual Screen' opened instead of the Oculus-System on my Gear. Perhaps it was a bluetooth Mouse or a Smartphone that i usally use, but to reproduce that again would solve my Problems with Phonecast, that seems not to work with any Apps anymore since the last Android 10 update on my S10
15th May 2020, 01:02 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
it is also possible to return to the telephone screen without removing it from the gear vr by lifting it slightly on the side opposite the connector and pressing the bixby button
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)