Google Daydream VR Sound Volume Can't Exceed Half (50%) On Headphones

Search This thread

RivAngE

Aug 5, 2017
I feel like this is only happening to me since after hours of Googling I couldn't find anyone else asking this.

I'm using the ZTE Axon 7, at the moment it's rooted but it worked the same way before the root.
When I use the phone's speakers while inside the Daydream app, the sound volume can go up to 100%. However when I plug the phone's headphones or my surround gaming headset the maximum volume is limited to 50%.

Any ideas why is that?

EDIT: Ok it turns out I just had to increase the volume above 50% while NOT in the VR environment, then I got a message warning me of the risks of hearing too loud and after accepting once I can get up to 100% in VR too.
I guess that's why no one had this issue before, the first thing I tried on my new phone was the VR!

Last edited:
Reactions: janehong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I feel like this is only happening to me since after hours of Googling I couldn't find anyone else asking this.

I'm using the ZTE Axon 7, at the moment it's rooted but it worked the same way before the root.
    When I use the phone's speakers while inside the Daydream app, the sound volume can go up to 100%. However when I plug the phone's headphones or my surround gaming headset the maximum volume is limited to 50%.

Any ideas why is that?

EDIT: Ok it turns out I just had to increase the volume above 50% while NOT in the VR environment, then I got a message warning me of the risks of hearing too loud and after accepting once I can get up to 100% in VR too.
    I guess that's why no one had this issue before, the first thing I tried on my new phone was the VR!