FORUMS

k20 pro/mi 9t pro VR headset compatible with daydream VR

31 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By spedzilla, Member on 31st October 2019, 02:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
so i have a mi 9t pro coming should have it by the end of the week and plan to root it if need be to get daydream VR working as i want to play rez infinite on it

it has a 6.39 inch screen so just wondering what is most recommended headset to buy that would work and have a functional bluetooth controller comparable to the one that comes with daydream view

initially was just going to buy the cheapest VR headset i could find something like the VR box 2.0 as least phone should fit in that, but then i thought maybe a daydream view 2017 version would be better at least would come with better controller that offically works with daydream vr and bigger FOV then the original and it supported the note 8 which had bigger dimensions then the mi 9t pro, then i thought maybe i am better off buying a headset that lets you adjust the focal range and things like that but then am i giving up controller support if i go down that route

so yeah just a little confused as before all i had was gear vr on galaxy S7 and that was just plug and play moving out of that ecosystem and into strange generic android mobile VR i am just not sure what to be looking for that would work for daydream VR with a bluetooth controller

so what headset do most people get these days for non gear vr phones that want to be able to use daydream VR apps and games?
31st October 2019, 08:08 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Perth

More
so i have found that you can buy a few compatible aftermarket controllers floating around just wondering do you lose any functions from using them over the standard daydream view VR controller and if they are worth it over just buying a secondhand view controller

also still no closer to working out what the consensus of what mobile VR headset to buy these days if wanting to use daydream but not the daydream view, i see a few bundles offering VR headsets with aftermarket controllers are they worth paying for over secondhand view headsets
2nd May 2020, 09:13 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
@spedzilla: how good is the daydream experience with your Mi 9T?
2nd May 2020, 03:04 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Perth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _phk_

@spedzilla: how good is the daydream experience with your Mi 9T?

Yeah it's been fine , I just use the android 9 unlock method with the pixel 3 xl zip on latest miuimix rom

Everything works as normal the headset just thinks phone is a pixel 3 when I turn module on, I turn it off again when I don't need it

Apps I just install via apkpure or other methods currently have rez infinite, dr splotchy adventure , gunjack 2 , Skybox to stream my library my external storage of HD vr videos if U get my drift (wink wink) all work fine no issues
17th July 2020, 06:48 AM |#5  
Flag CDO City
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedzilla

Yeah it's been fine , I just use the android 9 unlock method with the pixel 3 xl zip on latest miuimix rom

Everything works as normal the headset just thinks phone is a pixel 3 when I turn module on, I turn it off again when I don't need it

Apps I just install via apkpure or other methods currently have rez infinite, dr splotchy adventure , gunjack 2 , Skybox to stream my library my external storage of HD vr videos if U get my drift (wink wink) all work fine no issues

Mate, are you still using the daydream up to this point?
So I need root to spoof the device as a Pixel 3 XL?
What are the pros of it versus the conventional VR experience?
Will it still work with MIUI 12? Sorry for so many questions
Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)