FORUMS

Adding audio libraries to VR player?

205 posts
Thanks Meter: 103

By Downunder35m, Senior Member on 21st July 2020, 05:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am getting a bit sick and tired of messing around with my media server trying to get videos to work that play fine on all my other devices.
Got the Quest to play some games every now and then, but mainly to be able to watch my 3D movies again after my TV went up in smoke.

I am wondering:
Is it possible to somehow add the required libraries to the Gallery app or the discontinued Samsung VR player so videos with more than 2 channels can be watched with sound?
Otherwise I would have wasted almost 3 weeks of ripping my DVD's onto the server as of course I only converted them into MKV's while keeping all extras, like DTS and AC3 audio channels instead of converting to AAC or MP3.
I know you can modify apps for almost anything, but have no real clue how to "just" add some required audio libraries to an app
25th July 2020, 11:28 PM |#2  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Just stumbled on this..
Here's my 2cents.
Not sure why you would be having struggles.
My setup;-
Asus RT-AC88u - USB 3.0 1TB Hard Drive connected - Running as a NAS
Connect with any device, including Oculus Quest vi same wifi network.
Stream 3D movies , others via SkyBox

Works great
26th July 2020, 06:41 AM |#3  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downunder35m

I am getting a bit sick and tired of messing around with my media server trying to get videos to work that play fine on all my other devices.
Got the Quest to play some games every now and then, but mainly to be able to watch my 3D movies again after my TV went up in smoke.

I am wondering:
Is it possible to somehow add the required libraries to the Gallery app or the discontinued Samsung VR player so videos with more than 2 channels can be watched with sound?
Otherwise I would have wasted almost 3 weeks of ripping my DVD's onto the server as of course I only converted them into MKV's while keeping all extras, like DTS and AC3 audio channels instead of converting to AAC or MP3.
I know you can modify apps for almost anything, but have no real clue how to "just" add some required audio libraries to an app

https://youtu.be/5KuBDgrIlXw
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)