FORUMS

Best return ad networks for both Android as well as iOS

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Appydos, Junior Member on 13th May 2018, 11:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

New here in the forum and I hope I am not replicating a question and if so - sorry in advance!

We're developing our first game (as a new independent brand).

It's a casual game with similar playability to Sonic Jump, which will be released on both Android as well as iOS.

The game is built in Buildbox, so I'd like to know which ad networks (with an SDK) give the best return in:

1. Loading interstitials (entry)
2. Popunders
3. Video
4. In between ads (an ad that pops every five "game overs" or so)

Naturally, if you could shed some light on both Android as well as iOS, that would be super.

Thanks!
25th September 2018, 02:15 PM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appydos

Hey guys,

New here in the forum and I hope I am not replicating a question and if so - sorry in advance!

It's a casual game with similar playability to Sonic Jump, which will be released on both Android as well as iOS.

The game is built in Buildbox, so I'd like to know which ad networks (with an SDK) give the best return in:

2. Popunders
3. Video

Naturally, if you could shed some light on both Android as well as iOS, that would be super.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Just to shed some light on this since, I've been in the ad monetization industry for 3 years now. It does get quite complicated so I'll try to keep this brief and keep it relevant to the question. One thing to understand is, the better the engagement, the higher the ad revenue. I.e Advertisers spend money to advertise, to acquire new customers. If your app or specific ad format is producing that desired result, you're going to make good revenue.

The ad formats that produce the best results in order:
1. Offer-wall (Incentivise users to install app for in-app reward. You've helped the advertiser acquire a new user)
2. Rewarded video (Incentive users to watch a video in return for in-app reward. You've helped the advertiser view a full length video which does produce good conversions but not definitely)
3. Video interstitial (Full screen Video that pops up in the users journey of the app. Skippable and does produce results, but no where as much as rewarded video)
4. Static interstitial (Full screen ad that pops up in the users journey. Can use good engagement, but sometimes can be accidental, leading to a high bounce rate)
5. Native (Non-intrusive and user-friendly ads that have the same look and feel of the content of the page. Some consider as best looking ads, especially for article/news publications. Can pay on CPM/CPI depends on the network and campaign)
6. Banners (Sits at the bottom of the page. Low user engagement. But great if you have a huge user base)

It is always best to find a balance between ad monetization and User experience. Because 1. You want to keep your users and 2. You want to make the highest revenue possible. I've seen cases where publishers have an amazing app, but have completely ruined it by bombarding their users with ads, and other cases where an app is again amazing with a great user base, but has not been updated for improved services because the developer did not have the funds.

For a gaming app like Sonic Jump, I would heavily consider rewarded video formats as a number 1. Depending on the game play, maybe throw in some interstitial/video interstitial in between levels.

If you want I can take a look at the app and offer some suggestions. I work with many ad networks and categories of publishers so I can give insight to a thing or two

Peace,
Thelap
4th June 2020, 06:35 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appydos

Hey guys,

2. Popunders
3. Video

Thanks!

Besides the usual banner, interstitial and rewarded, native ads which actually blend in with your game UI, will work great. Checkout Greedygame Media, they have pretty smart ways of implementing native ads in games.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)