FORUMS

CM 13 Moto E Stock Mod/Smooth Project/No Computer Install

355 posts
Thanks Meter: 125

Post Reply Email Thread
Update: I've started working on my own ROM. So, I'll be focusing on that project for a while. You can check it out here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...urnia-t3418606

CM 13 offers AOSP type default build properties that at times pushes our Moto E over it's hardware limits, causing freezing, stuttering etc...

I've dealt with these issues constantly on CM 13 Nightly builds, during heavy usage. I decided to port Motorola's Stock Build tweaks to CM 13 to see if they helped the above issues, during heavy usage and I'm happy to report that it has increased CM 13's stability drastically. No more poor performance issues with multitasking!

I flash CM 13 Nightly daily, so, I'll post a new build.prop zip file after I flash, that you can flash, after flashing the new Nightly.

Instructions:
1. Flash the below zip file after flashing the correlating CM 13 Nightly, with matching build number. Example: 20160625.
2. Wipe Dalvik and Cache then reboot.

Note: Property changes are tagged in the below build.prop file. Please unzip and look over the file to review changes.

Sent from my XT1526 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dearmasfamily For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dearmasfamily Ad-Free
25th June 2016, 09:32 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
Google CM 13 Smooth Project
I use Google Now and the Moto E on CM 13 has a lot of Google Now Launcher and Google App redraw issues, due to our RAM constraints, causing a sluggish experience when switching from memory intensive apps, especially when using encryption.

Here's a simple flashable zip, containing a local.prop file that attempts to lock Google Now in memory, reducing redraws, creating a much smoother experience for those that use Google's Launcher and CM 13 on the Moto E.

My goal in this thread is to provide simple flashable zips on top of CM 13 Nightlies that increase stability, when using Google and CM 13. 😃

Instructions:
1. flash in your favorite recovery on top of any Lollipop/Marshmallow Rom, when using Google Now Launcher.
Attached Files
File Type: zip google-smooth-project.zip - [Click for QR Code] (172.8 KB, 120 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to dearmasfamily For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dearmasfamily Ad-Free
25th June 2016, 11:57 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
No Computer CM 13 Install
For those having issues installing CM 13, getting abort error ”Sprint CDMA variant detected! Reboot into Bootloader Mode, connect your device to PC” and don't have access to a computer, follow the steps below.

Instructions:
1. Install "RAR" from the Android market
2. Download CM 13
3. Open RAR
4. Remove/Rename .txt from the below updater-script
5. Cut and paste the below updater-script file in the CM 13 zip in this location: META-INF/com/google/android

Note: Do not unzip the CM 13 file, cut and paste the updater-script directly in the CM file using RAR to avoid corrupting the CM zip.

Side Note: The CM zip should recognize your carrier automatically during boot and use the proper apns-config.xml file. 😃

Updater-script changes:
Replaced "abort" with "assert"

Reason: It's just the simplest way to force install CM 13 and still use Sprint during boot.
Attached Files
File Type: txt updater-script.txt - [Click for QR Code] (6.2 KB, 194 views)
26th June 2016, 09:15 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
29th June 2016, 06:31 PM |#5  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 446

Donate to Me
More
Interesting find my friend, how did you think about doing it this way?
1st July 2016, 07:06 PM |#6  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
Awesome Thinking Going to test it soon
6th July 2016, 02:12 PM |#7  
Flag Eastern, PA
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Can this fix work for other 6.0 based ROMs?
7th July 2016, 09:22 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SykkNyzz

Can this fix work for other 6.0 based ROMs?

Which fix?
7th July 2016, 09:37 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
CM Nightly 20160707 mod added for download, check first post. Please look over Build.prop for changes.
Changes Include:
Dalvik Memory Optimized
Motorola Device Properties Added
and more...
10th July 2016, 10:52 PM |#10  
Flag Eastern, PA
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmasfamily

Which fix?

Can this fix other Custom ROMs based on CM13... Or just CM13
15th July 2016, 06:08 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SykkNyzz

Can this fix other Custom ROMs based on CM13... Or just CM13

I'm not sure what you mean but there's only one way to find out, make a backup of your current rom, then give what you're trying to do a try. If it doesn't work just restore your backup.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)