FORUMS

TextNow Moto E (XT1526) for CM 13/MM (LTE Fixed)

355 posts
Thanks Meter: 125
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Note: I've started working on my own ROM for TextNow Moto E 2015 users. You can get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...urnia-t3418606


Hi, I'm currently on TextNow and I went ahead and loaded CM as my daily driver but I still wanted the stock TextNow app etc...

TextNow phones come with a system app specifically designed for our Moto E. I just took that app and libs, plus the stock apns file, then modded the sprint eri file, fixed LTE and put it in a flashable zip.

Instructions:
1. Uninstall the market TextNow app (If installed)
2. Boot into your favorite recovery and install the zip file below.

Note: This is for MM 6.0+ ROMs

Download
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dearmasfamily For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dearmasfamily Ad-Free
26th June 2016, 11:23 PM |#2  
dearmasfamily's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 125
 
Donate to Me
More
New Download, with working LTE for TextNow customers using CM 13/MM. 😃
13th July 2016, 05:36 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Calls and data working on Ressurection Remix http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...5-5-1-t3160059

Data required a restart but appears to be steady now.

Thank you very much for this as I thought I was going to be stuck on stock! Can you suggest any reading so that I can understand what steps are happening here? Pretty much I am competent to flash a rom but if it doesnt work out of the box I am screwed This one worked out of the box but I had no idea how to get the textnow stuff working until I saw your post , so thank you again
15th July 2016, 02:46 AM |#4  
dearmasfamily's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 125
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoober

Calls and data working on Ressurection Remix http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...5-5-1-t3160059

Data required a restart but appears to be steady now.

Thank you very much for this as I thought I was going to be stuck on stock! Can you suggest any reading so that I can understand what steps are happening here? Pretty much I am competent to flash a rom but if it doesnt work out of the box I am screwed This one worked out of the box but I had no idea how to get the textnow stuff working until I saw your post , so thank you again

Thank you, I suggest you try my new custom ROM for the Moto E 2015 TextNow Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...urnia-t3418606
The Following User Says Thank You to dearmasfamily For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dearmasfamily Ad-Free
23rd July 2016, 01:14 AM |#5  
wrath_00's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
This also works on 5.1 and up Roms for me

Sent from my XT1526 using XDA-Developers mobile app
16th September 2016, 08:57 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'm on xt1526 text now. I have data, but no voice. Also. I wiped the phone (by accident) so the only rom that is in it is CM13. Can I still use this rom?
8th November 2016, 04:18 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Questions: what is your custom ROM running? Cm 13 /custom stock....
Can you make this work with the newer nougat releases? ATM no data
Also I can't get 4g to work with this on cm13 only 3g
16th March 2017, 05:50 AM |#8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Corbin
Thanks Meter: 1,217
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf3rDud3

Questions: what is your custom ROM running? Cm 13 /custom stock....
Can you make this work with the newer nougat releases? ATM no data
Also I can't get 4g to work with this on cm13 only 3g

Have you tried using a root file browser/editor to manually set the APNs? Also, have you tried flashing an LTE fix .zip like MVNO_Slayer?

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJunkie01

Have you tried using a root file browser/editor to manually set the APNs? Also, have you tried flashing an LTE fix .zip like MVNO_Slayer?

Edit: please disregard my question regarding an LTE fix. Try mvno_slayer aroma installer only if the OP's flashable zip doesn't get your LTE working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
textnow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes