[ROM][EOL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies [surnia]

Search This thread

Raiz

Forum Moderator / XDA Welcome Team
Staff member
my sd card is recognized but i can`t see my photos and things, how i can fix it without formating my card
You have to flash this, all the app permissions you set will be gone though
Edit #1:
Here is the fix for the storage issue, big thanks to @Deivid_21
Download Fix For MOTO Camera 10
No other issues so far, this phone isn't my daily driver so I won't be able to give details on LTE, phone calls, ect...
Enjoy

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
This build is fixed (Clean flashed) and runs smoothly, it even has extra fonts when you go into style settings.
And if you could fix one little issue it'll be cool: the power menu is off centered and it's a little bit infuriating lol. Here's the pic :

Do night light, mobile data and video playback work on the new build? They were the only things stopping me from upgrading from pie.

Raiz

Forum Moderator / XDA Welcome Team
Staff member
Do night light, mobile data and video playback work on the new build? They were the only things stopping me from upgrading from pie.
Video playback and nightlight works flawlessly, for mobile data you'll have to check by yourself, this isn't my daily driver so I don't have my SIM card in it

Reactions: Bobcus Leper

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus

Hi althafvly,

I appreciate your work and your maintenance of these old devices. I know you are pushing for official LineageOS 17.1 in the next few days, but these 17.1 builds are still unstable for me. I have flashed the latest build, lineage-17.1-20200606-UNOFFICIAL-surnia.zip and the build before that, and I am still having the issue where "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" as soon as I touch the screen. The phone powers off and reboots to recovery. However, the phone will stay on and usable if a usb cord is attached. I have captured a log if that may help solve the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Es2w7cZ6gCWGQub1qYCyDvlBoMCGdec7/view?usp=sharing

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL
Hi althafvly,

I appreciate your work and your maintenance of these old devices. I know you are pushing for official LineageOS 17.1 in the next few days, but these 17.1 builds are still unstable for me. I have flashed the latest build, lineage-17.1-20200606-UNOFFICIAL-surnia.zip and the build before that, and I am still having the issue where "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" as soon as I touch the screen. The phone powers off and reboots to recovery. However, the phone will stay on and usable if a usb cord is attached. I have captured a log if that may help solve the problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Es2w7cZ6gCWGQub1qYCyDvlBoMCGdec7/view?usp=sharing

Make sure you running the latest firmware and clean flashed rom with opengapps pico/nano

So far no one else reported this issue in any of my build

CDMA users must set their carrier using fastboot

fastboot oem config carrier boost
fastboot oem config carrier sprint
fastboot oem config carrier usc
fastboot oem config carrier ""

Last edited:

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
Make sure you running the latest firmware and clean flashed rom with opengapps pico/nano

I reflashed the latest factory firmware, clean installed the ROM using latest official TWRP and pico opengapps, and set the carrier and still had the same issue.

yeswap

Sep 15, 2009
San Francisco
LG G8

I'm having the same issue as Bobcus Leper (com.android.phone crashes as soon as the LOS setup wizard appears unless the phone is plugged in).

I'm using your latest ROM and twrp-surnia-3.3.1.0-20200602.img. I ran fastboot oem config carrier boost after flashing. I've tried with and without gapps (nano for ARM Android 10) with the same result.

My phone is XT1526 (Boost Mobile). Could this be an XT1526 specfic issue? Is anyone running this ROM on XT1526 successfully?

althafvly

May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL
I'm having the same issue as Bobcus Leper (com.android.phone crashes as soon as the LOS setup wizard appears unless the phone is plugged in).

I'm using your latest ROM and twrp-surnia-3.3.1.0-20200602.img. I ran fastboot oem config carrier boost after flashing. I've tried with and without gapps (nano for ARM Android 10) with the same result.

My phone is XT1526 (Boost Mobile). Could this be an XT1526 specfic issue? Is anyone running this ROM on XT1526 successfully?

faced this issue in lineage-15.1 or lineage-16.0?

deleted

Last edited:

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
faced this issue in lineage-15.1 or lineage-16.0?

can you try out this build?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/al...-17.1-20200610-UNOFFICIAL-surnia.zip/download

I forgot to mention that I also have a XT1526 on a Sprint MVNO. I have never had this bug on any previous version of Lineage OS or any other rom. I will clean flash with gapps and report back soon.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

I forgot to mention that I also have a XT1526 on a Sprint MVNO. I have never had this bug on any previous version of Lineage OS or any other rom. I will clean flash with gapps and report back soon.

Clean flashed and still facing the same issue. "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped", phone automatically powers off and reboots to recovery.

Reactions: spc2000

althafvly

May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Clean flashed and still facing the same issue. "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped", phone automatically powers off and reboots to recovery.
Weird bug.. no one else reported yet . Maybe carrier specific issue

althafvly

May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL

Can any xt1526 user pm me in xda or tg? @althafvly

yeswap

Sep 15, 2009
San Francisco
LG G8
Last edited:

althafvly

May 28, 2014
Malappuram
Moto G 2015
Google Pixel XL
Last edited:

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
Official Support for XT1526 is dropped. will be adding as soon it gets fixed

Test build for xt1526

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=12420606652095402044

The test build is working on my XT1526 with no errors so far. Thanks @althafvly.

This fix is still not merged in lineageos. so don't flash los17.1 official on xt1526 when it comes out. I will report as soon as its merged

Can confirm that everything is working perfectly on my XT1526 in this test build. Thanks @althafvly for the hard work and the quick fix!

Reactions: yeswap

Waytoogo

Feb 20, 2018
I am also have the problem with com.android.phone crashing and the phone rebooting to recovery. xt1526 and the lineage-17.1-20200612-nightly-surnia-signed.zip

riyan65

Mar 22, 2018
Xt1526 will be supported from next official build
Thanks for creating this awesome ROM, having no complaint about the rom, works like fluid with animation off. Thanks for creating this Rom and makeing it official.

If possible and you are free, please make a rom for Otus too, since many of them is like using lineage 15 and feeling sad since they device didn't got any update in years.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Battery LED
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE
    • HW crypto

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Moto E 2015 variants. (XT1514,XT1521,XT1523,XT1524,XT1527)

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)[/STRIKE]

Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on Marshmallow
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 weeklies [surnia], ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
    althafvly, theimpulson, chil360 ,squid2
    Source Code: https://github.com/MOTO-M8916/kernel_motorola_msm8916

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2017-11-05
    Last Updated 2020-06-12
    lineage-17.1-20200420-UNOFFICIAL-surnia

-everything works i guess so

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261777309
    Can confirm that everything is working perfectly on my XT1526 in this test build. Thanks @althafvly for the hard work and the quick fix!
    Xt1526 will be supported from next official build