By anil293, Member on 5th March 2015, 08:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2015, 12:45 AM |#21  
Flag IL
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisul 28

But in my developer option there is no OEM Unlock otion.Is there is any problem for me to no having oem unlock option???

to enable developer mode:
go to about phone
tap on the "build number" about a dozen times and it will say "you are now a developer"
hit back and the developer options are now available
The Following User Says Thank You to salimmk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift salimmk Ad-Free

24th March 2015, 01:23 PM |#22  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, I just want to know when does Moto E gets Android Lollipop. I have been waiting for a long time, as soon as it has received for Nexus phones!!
24th March 2015, 01:32 PM |#23  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 495

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzateachu

Hi, I just want to know when does Moto E gets Android Lollipop. I have been waiting for a long time, as soon as it has received for Nexus phones!!

Moto E comes with 5.0.2 out of the box. 5.1 is on the way.
25th March 2015, 07:55 PM |#24  
Flag Schererville
Thanks Meter: 15

More
The CDMA version on Boost Mobile won't unlock with this tool. I tried the manual way with Fastboot and according to Motorola, this phone can't be unlocked. I don't know if its my dumb luck that I can't unlock the bootloader, but I saw someone else post the same with his Boost Mobile Moto E as well. My Moto G on Boost Mobile unlocked just fine and rooted. So I'm not sure what gives with the Boost Mobile variant of the Moto E.
27th March 2015, 04:58 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Have no Windows PC i use it with Parallels the Toolkit. I installed al drivers and press generate string.

Problem there hanging on getting data, sure there open the browser to Motorola and reboot in fast boot but i have no data to put in the motorola website.

to unlock it under mac i don't have experience enough.
29th March 2015, 07:30 PM |#26  
OP Member
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex k

Have no Windows PC i use it with Parallels the Toolkit. I installed al drivers and press generate string.

Problem there hanging on getting data, sure there open the browser to Motorola and reboot in fast boot but i have no data to put in the motorola website.

to unlock it under mac i don't have experience enough.

This is because when you are running that application on mac, application is not able to recognize your device, drivers issues
31st March 2015, 03:43 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imprint89

The CDMA version on Boost Mobile won't unlock with this tool. I tried the manual way with Fastboot and according to Motorola, this phone can't be unlocked. I don't know if its my dumb luck that I can't unlock the bootloader, but I saw someone else post the same with his Boost Mobile Moto E as well. My Moto G on Boost Mobile unlocked just fine and rooted. So I'm not sure what gives with the Boost Mobile variant of the Moto E.

You should be able to unlock the Boost variant on the Motorola site since they don't lock the bootloader (from other users on XDA). I've got the Cricket version. Talk about dumb luck, I think it's the only carrier that locks the bootloader. UGH. I'm hoping someone will figure out a workaround for this (via a bootstrap recovery or something) so I can root this and ditch the bloat and tweak, or else I'll have to look at another phone. I need ATT's towers for coverage but don't need the god awful prices for data.

One can only hope!
The Following User Says Thank You to joesee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joesee Ad-Free
19th April 2015, 07:39 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesee

You should be able to unlock the Boost variant on the Motorola site since they don't lock the bootloader (from other users on XDA). I've got the Cricket version. Talk about dumb luck, I think it's the only carrier that locks the bootloader. UGH. I'm hoping someone will figure out a workaround for this (via a bootstrap recovery or something) so I can root this and ditch the bloat and tweak, or else I'll have to look at another phone. I need ATT's towers for coverage but don't need the god awful prices for data.

One can only hope!

The Verizon version also does not qualify for bootloader unlocking. The Motorola site gives the following message:
"Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking."

Hope somebody will be able to get a workaround so that it can be unlocked.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tm515 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tm515 Ad-Free
20th April 2015, 04:59 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
were is the download button?
24th April 2015, 04:57 AM |#30  
Flag Oulu
Thanks Meter: 282

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountC00l

were is the download button?

Check Download tab in op.