FORUMS

Increase in-call volume, Moto E LTE (single sim) (handset+headphones)

46 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By xarvox, Member on 2nd June 2015, 09:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have the Moto E 2015 LTE (single sim eu version) and had a hard time hearing what the other person were saying during calls.
This was a problem when trying to talk "normally", with the phone against my ear. (no headphones or speakerphone)

After some googling and testing i finally found a way to fix this.

This fix requires a working recovery (i used TWRP), but rooting is NOT required.
(rooting disables my camera)

There is a file called mixer_paths.xml located in /system/etc/ that contains the answer to my problem, witch im now sharing with the rest of the world.

I made the following changes:

(line 23-25)
<ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="92" /> (was 84)
<ctl name="RX2 Digital Volume" value="92" /> (was 84)
<ctl name="RX3 Digital Volume" value="92" /> (was 84)
(line 34-35)
<ctl name="DEC1 Volume" value="92" /> (was 84)
<ctl name="DEC2 Volume" value="92" /> (was 84)
(line 50)
<ctl name="Speaker Boost" value="ENABLE" /> (was "DISABLE)
(line 486)
<ctl name="ADC1 Volume" value="8" /> (was 7)
(line 493)
<ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="90" /> (was 84)
(line 504)
<ctl name="ADC1 Volume" value="8" /> (was 7)

If you are rooted you can edit the mixer_paths.xml in a root file manager, but you will have to mount /system as read/write first. You probably will still have to boot into recovery and wipe cashe.
Google is your friend for such endevours.

Included below are two files, the original one (default) and the modified version with the above mentioned value changes.

Install instructions:

To install, reboot your device into recovery mode and mount system partition.
Using the recovery mode file browser, find and rename the current mixer_paths.xml (change name to mixer_paths.xml.bak)
Connect your device to your computer and launch a ADB terminal.
Make sure youre in the directory where you unpacked the mixer_paths.xml

type these commands:
adb push mixer_paths.xml /system/etx/mixer_paths.xml

Use the recovery mode to chmod the new file, chmod 755 should work, but i did chmod 777.
Use the recovery mode to wipe cashe.

reboot your device.

Restore instructions

To restore to original, boot to recovery, delete your modified mixer_paths.xml file and rename mixer_paths.xml.bak to mixer_paths.xml.
When youre done, wipe cashe and restart.
In case you deleted it instead of renaming it, download the default one below and follow the install procedure.

A warning; too high volume will damage your device and boosting the volume might degrade your audio quality.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mixer_paths.xml.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.0 KB, 502 views)
File Type: zip mixer_paths.xml_default.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.6 KB, 232 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to xarvox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xarvox Ad-Free
2nd June 2015, 09:28 AM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
reserved
20th March 2020, 08:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
General help Moto E
I have tried Google but I'm still lost (sorry). I am using TWRP and my phone is a XT1527 Moto E (2nd) Surnia 2015, so can I use your file or should I edit the existing (phone) file?

General: Do I use TWRP on my phone (in recovery mode) to mount the System on the phone (SD or internal) memory?

Thanks in advance,
Glen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)