[GENERAL HELP] Post Your Questions Here Instead of Making a New Thread

1,204 posts
Thanks Meter: 710

Post Reply Email Thread
This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
Specific to
https://img.xda-cdn.com/Z0ICjXMCB_OMcO0iUX9WPQsk5hc=/http%3A%2F%2Fcdn-img.xda-developers.com%2FmbhBjbmaLVtPriDukv8Abjq6ADo%3D%2F300x300%2Fsmart%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fdevdb%2FdeviceForum%2Fscreenshots%2F4071%2F20150305T025815.jpg

MOTO E 2015

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help. Noob questions are welcomed.

It is always best to use the Thanks button , in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

Please keep discussion focused, on questions pertaining to this Device
List of supporters
... @abhishekr700
.. @SG3
To those seeking help: Please don't bombard the supporters with PMs asking for help. Instead, ask your question here in the thread so others can benefit from the solution to your problem as well. If you want to be sure someone particular gets notified of your question, put his / her username directly after an @.
If you have ROM related questions, post in the relevant ROM Q&A thread (if there is one) or directly in the ROM development thread. Thank you!

Supporters: If you want to be put on or off the list, just make a request to me through PM
Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read
Please look for a similar [HELP THREAD] when visiting another device forum.

Dont forget to press the Thanks button for me !!!
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to abhishekr700 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abhishekr700 Ad-Free

28th September 2015, 07:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
[Q] Custom Rom cm12.1 on sprint moto e 2015 LTE problems
Flashed cm12.1 9/27/2015 build 54 onto sprint LTE x1526.

Wifi cannot get DHCP IP address and keeps on "obtaining IP" stage.
Wireless data is with boost, and I would appreciate some help on how to change it to sprint.

searched google but didn't find the answers. Thanks in advance!
30th September 2015, 08:47 PM |#3  

More
Flash stock recovery for ota upadte problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekr700

Many people are joining xda on daily basis. Some of them join the forum to get custom ROMs while some join in order to get some of their problem that they are facing with their phones solved.

There are dedicated threads for ROMs but what about HELP/QUESTIONS??

People generally straight away start a new thread to get their doubts solved. But this can lead to chaos in the forum.

I'm creating this thread as an alternative to *New Threads* that aim to resolve a question.

Not only this, this thread can also become a Database kind of place where people can look if their question is already solved or not...

I request all members of the MOTO E 2015 sub-forum to help and answer some questions posted here if they can.

I hope you guys get the idea behind this thread...

I have the xt1511 but it's GSM (I am using a sim card.) I rooted it not knowing a lot of things like nandroid backups existed and were a good idea.

There is a system ota update for it. After a lot of searching I found that I need the stock recovery for that upadte to work. I searched and found this,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...5-0-2-t3123084

I assumed it would work because mine is GSM not CMDA. I renamed the stoc recovery image to stock.img because I want to use this,
http://www.xda-developers.com/simple-recovery-switcher/
I am following the root guide to use ADB to flash the recovery image and am getting an error.
"<bootloader> Image size exceeded partition limits
<bootloader> Preflash validation failed
FAILED <Remoat failur>"

Any idea as to how I can fix this. Here is a video showing exactly what I am doing. https://youtu.be/2BjRnLsddRU
The Following User Says Thank You to coolshows101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coolshows101 Ad-Free
1st October 2015, 09:01 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Fastboot Reason : UTAG bootmode configured as "fastboot" mode.
Hi Abhi..,
i need your help,my MotoE2 is rooted and stuck in fastboot mode pressing any buttons say boot up failed...
while trying to install stock rom some command failed like "fastboot flash partition gpt.bin" gives
<bootloader> preflash validation failed
<Failed> Remote failure.
and "Fastboot flash system syste....Img0" goes OKAY in CMD while on phone screen throws "hab check failed for primary gpt
Failed to verify hab image Priamry gpt"

rest of command goes OKAY.
finally it says "UTAG mode configured as "fastboot mode"
bootup failed....
what to do????
Contacts; [email protected]
+91 7204393558
1st October 2015, 09:11 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 710

More
TRY not using the bin files....I dont think you have to flash bootloader again when you are just restoring stock...
Please press the thanks for further help...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abhishekr700 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abhishekr700 Ad-Free
1st October 2015, 11:29 AM |#6  

More
Unhappy MotoE seems bricked,stuck in bootloader mode,facing hurdles installing stock rom !
executing "fastboot flash partition gpt.bin" throws

target reported max download size of 299892736 bytes
sending 'partition' (32 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.031s]
writing 'partition'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.156s

Executing "fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0"
gives this,seems okay..

sending 'system' (253883 KB)...
OKAY [ 8.979s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [ 14.149s]
finished. total time: 23.128s

BUT ON PHONE SCREEN I GET THIS !:
" hab check failed for primary_gpt
Failed to verify hab image primary_gpt"
Help me please guys...#MotoE2

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Hi Abhishek...help me fix my issues.i'M trying hard but all in vain.
my mai:[email protected]
MbNo.: 7204393558

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

The Commands that prevents successful completion are :

C:\Downloads\RETUAWS_XT1064_4.4.4_KXB21.85-17_cid9_CFC.xml>fastboot flash partit
ion gpt.bin
sending 'partition' (32 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.094s]
writing 'partition'...
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.263s

C:\Downloads\RETUAWS_XT1064_4.4.4_KXB21.85-17_cid9_CFC.xml>fastboot flash motobo
ot motoboot.img
sending 'motoboot' (2184 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.123s]
writing 'motoboot'...
(bootloader) Motoboot: Preflash validation for tz
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.232s

Fix please..anybody
1st October 2015, 01:35 PM |#7  
Flag Over there
Thanks Meter: 461

More
@vivekanand149 Dude, why the heck are you trying to flash a Moto G 2nd gen ROM onto your phone?!

If you're using an XT1521 (the Indian 4G model), use this ROM: http://www.filefactory.com/file/1veu...LT_CFC.xml.zip

Otherwise, find your model number here: http://www.filefactory.com/folder/75...how=100&page=1

You need to use the same ROM as your phone's model number!
The Following User Says Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NSDCars5 Ad-Free
1st October 2015, 03:00 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Also when flashing you need to use MFASTBOOT NOT FASTBOOT.
:beer:

Sent from my XT1528 using XDA Free mobile app
1st October 2015, 08:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I got two refurbished unlocked moto e 2015 lte phones. One worked well. The other has all the system apps crashing. I didn't discover this until after the return policy expired as I was away on holiday.

I've unlocked the bootloader and when I try to flash recovery through fastboot, I get the following failure:z

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery recovery
.img
sending 'recovery' (10832 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.359s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Image size exeeded partition limits
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.389s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

I am using the correct recovery. I have usb debugging on...bootloader is unlocked. Device id shows up in fastboot/adb.

Any ideas? What can I do? Re-format the recovery partition? What exact commands would I use?

Stuck...please help!!!! Thanks
2nd October 2015, 04:13 AM |#10  

More
Hi. I just received the OTA notification. I downloaded and installed it but after rebooting stills saying 5.0.2. When I check for update it says Software up to date. What went wrong? The phone is retail latam. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to pedrojgim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pedrojgim Ad-Free
2nd October 2015, 01:11 PM |#11  

More
Still I get same error bro when executin "fastboot flash system sparcechunk....IMG"
Gives:failed to verify hab partition...
"

Sent from my 2014818 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Which rom version does Indian MotoE2 uses? How do I know that?
I'll download that bro.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)