cm-14.0-20160923-UNOFFICIAL-otus.zip with banks_dynamic_gapps-7.x.x-20160921 clean flashed via squid2's TWRP 3.0.2-r1 onto Moto E XT1511 (US retail single SIM) without any SIM inserted.
When flashing the ROM there was an error in TWRP, "E: unknown command [log]", which repeated once but seemed to have no ill effect on the installation or running of the ROM. In fact it runs quite smoothly and there are some (IMO) very nice improvements over Marshmallow/CM13, including the new Quick Tiles and Setting menu.
A few glitches listed here knowing we may not yet need official bug reports but just so people will know:
- Settings menu lacks a visible hamburger/overflow menu button for the slide-out scrollable list of settings. I did not know that existed until I researched new features. Here is a screen grab of it in mid-scroll.
- Settings - Display - When device is rotated - "Stay in landscape view" should say "Stay in portrait view" on this device type (phone as opposed to tablet).
- Settings - Status bar - Battery status style and Battery percentage don't have any apparent effect.
- The previously reported external SD issue. Attempting to access external SD at /storage/6D9F-1444 result in toast "This operation requires elevated permissions. Try changing to Root Access mode" even though Root Access mode is already set. Attempt to access access external SD at /mnt/media_rw/6D9F-1444 does show the contents of the folders and sub-folders but attempt to access items, eg an image or text file, results in toast "An error was detected. The operation was unsuccessful". I can access those locations and items via USB connection from PC.
- I've never been a fan off the "Clear all" button requiring an extra action to access (which incidentally limits use of workarounds that simulate screen input to more easily invoke it) but I suppose that since this is now in stock N CM wont be giving us a Clear All" button that is always visible as was the case in CM12.x where AFAIK CM was adding a feature that was not yet present.
I did not go deep but the ROM is very nice for this early phase, smooth and no significant bugs within the admittedly small scope of these tests. If logs would be helpful at this point I can capture some. Oh... and speaking of capture I was unable to capture any cats in the Android N easter egg.
. Grazie mille.