1,512 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,542

By squid2, Recognized Developer on 11th September 2016, 06:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2016, 08:39 PM |#101  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Does an external SD card work for you guys?
I have problems accessing my SD card from 3rd party file explorer (ES File, even using root) and the stock CM File Manager (Using elevated access).
However, CM File Manager detects the SD card and reads the file structure, but is unable to open the files.

Am I the only one who is facing this issue? If not, is there any work-around to this?

I could give logs if someone guides me on how to provide a log in this scenario.

22nd September 2016, 09:12 PM |#102  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,639

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruciformHawk7

Does an external SD card work for you guys?
I have problems accessing my SD card from 3rd party file explorer (ES File, even using root) and the stock CM File Manager (Using elevated access).
However, CM File Manager detects the SD card and reads the file structure, but is unable to open the files.

Am I the only one who is facing this issue? If not, is there any work-around to this?

I could give logs if someone guides me on how to provide a log in this scenario.

SD card is known issue - http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...7/post68696906

I don't know if official bug reports are being received at this early stage of development but eventually they will so...

You can capture system logs with an app called Catlog https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TRHoiGeuDNs_AG (my choice but there are others) or through an ADB connection to a computer. Beyond those logs there are some files that may contain helpful information in cases when a device crashes and other logs cannot be captured. Logging can be a deep topic and it is worth doing some research about how to capture the pertinent information.
22nd September 2016, 09:25 PM |#103  
Flag H.Cardenas
Thanks Meter: 37

More
At the moment External SD card access isn't working in this build

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using XDA-Developers mobile app
23rd September 2016, 03:41 AM |#104  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itssathwik

Its showing that there is no sim card in the slot
Network providers Tata Docomo in Sim 1
Idea in Sim 2

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
Click on Phone Info
Check if Mobile Radio is on or off
Also send me the screenshot(Please hide your Imei number)
23rd September 2016, 03:41 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sim card is not detected, it shows the name of the sim card but "error while searching network" message pops out. I have flashed network radio files but that didn't solved the problem , please help

Everything else is just work awesome, good work keep it up

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
23rd September 2016, 03:59 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
cant download apps from playstore using cellular data anf link2sd app isnt working.
23rd September 2016, 04:15 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enga018

cant download apps from playstore using cellular data anf link2sd app isnt working.

Use apps2sd it works better and free for the most part.
24th September 2016, 01:28 AM |#108  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 8,542

Donate to Me
More
September 23 Release
This build should be signficantly more usable than the last build. The SD card issues should be gone. I've also made SELinux enforcing after fixing a few denials. On the CM end, a lot of development has happened over the past week, so things should be more stable overall and more CM features will be present. With that said, CM14 is still in the early stages of development, so expect some bugs. As usual, the download link is in the first post.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to squid2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2016, 04:20 AM |#109  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,639

More
cm-14.0-20160923-UNOFFICIAL-otus.zip with banks_dynamic_gapps-7.x.x-20160921 clean flashed via squid2's TWRP 3.0.2-r1 onto Moto E XT1511 (US retail single SIM) without any SIM inserted.

When flashing the ROM there was an error in TWRP, "E: unknown command [log]", which repeated once but seemed to have no ill effect on the installation or running of the ROM. In fact it runs quite smoothly and there are some (IMO) very nice improvements over Marshmallow/CM13, including the new Quick Tiles and Setting menu.

A few glitches listed here knowing we may not yet need official bug reports but just so people will know:

- Settings menu lacks a visible hamburger/overflow menu button for the slide-out scrollable list of settings. I did not know that existed until I researched new features. Here is a screen grab of it in mid-scroll.
Click image for larger version

Name:	SlideOutMiddScroll.png
Views:	204
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	3884430

- Settings - Display - When device is rotated - "Stay in landscape view" should say "Stay in portrait view" on this device type (phone as opposed to tablet).

Name:	Rotated.png
Views:	208
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	3884435

- Settings - Status bar - Battery status style and Battery percentage don't have any apparent effect.

Name:	BatteryIcon.png
Views:	204
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	3884436

- The previously reported external SD issue. Attempting to access external SD at /storage/6D9F-1444 result in toast "This operation requires elevated permissions. Try changing to Root Access mode" even though Root Access mode is already set. Attempt to access access external SD at /mnt/media_rw/6D9F-1444 does show the contents of the folders and sub-folders but attempt to access items, eg an image or text file, results in toast "An error was detected. The operation was unsuccessful". I can access those locations and items via USB connection from PC.

- I've never been a fan off the "Clear all" button requiring an extra action to access (which incidentally limits use of workarounds that simulate screen input to more easily invoke it) but I suppose that since this is now in stock N CM wont be giving us a Clear All" button that is always visible as was the case in CM12.x where AFAIK CM was adding a feature that was not yet present.

I did not go deep but the ROM is very nice for this early phase, smooth and no significant bugs within the admittedly small scope of these tests. If logs would be helpful at this point I can capture some. Oh... and speaking of capture I was unable to capture any cats in the Android N easter egg.. Grazie mille.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
24th September 2016, 04:54 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
downloading. ...
24th September 2016, 04:56 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
SD CARD
For the people who have no access to SD card the only solution at the moment is use the file explorer feature in the app downloads :/
The Following User Says Thank You to auditore2025 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift auditore2025 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)