[ROM][Official][otus] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto E 3G

Search This thread

Sha_c

Dec 21, 2018
Hello all. First, a little good news: I’m in the process of doing a big kernel security update. The next weekly build will have the patches included, but nothing will show on cmxlog because there are too many patches and I’ll bypass gerrit. I can’t promise I’ve patched everything, but it’s much better than before (I hadn’t updated it since December last year). Maintaining a 3.4 kernel that’s very far from mainling is not easy.

Now, I’m wondering if there’s enough interest for me to bother with LineageOS 15.1 on this device. This thread has practically died, and the other unofficial LOS 15.1 thread has very few people. I’m also concerned about performance on otus and particularly on condor. I’m worried multi-process HALs will push RAM usage over the edge and make these devices too slow. My time is limited, and I have to prioritize my projects.

If you feel Oreo works better than Nougat on these devices, and feel strongly about wanting condor/otus moves to LOS 15.1, please reply to this thread stating your experience. If not, I’m tempted to leave the msm8610 on LOS 14.1 since it’s smooth and stable. It would also save my time to work on other devices. In any case, I’ll continue to provide occasional security updates.

Thanks for lin Os14.1

Waiting for Lineage Os 15.1 for moto e 2015 Otus

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
Unfortunately I'm retiring from the MSM8610 family

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to deal with the MSM8610 family (otus and condor). I've been doing a poor job of maintaining this device lately (with my last kernel security update in August last year). It's also getting difficult to maintain the old kernel for security, given how far behind it is compared to mainline. Furthermore, the msm8610 devices are old, slow, and declining in userbase.

I need to focus my efforts on bringing the MSM8916 devices up to speed on kernel security (working on it), and then bring LineageOS 16 (want to work on it). The MSM8610 devices have a much smaller userbase, and I don't have time to deal with an old declining device family.

Thank you all for your testing and bug reporting efforts. I've appreciated the support of the community. You are welcome to continue building, sharing, and discussing unofficial builds in this thread.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to deal with the MSM8610 family (otus and condor). I've been doing a poor job of maintaining this device lately (with my last kernel security update in August last year). It's also getting difficult to maintain the old kernel for security, given how far behind it is compared to mainline. Furthermore, the msm8610 devices are old, slow, and declining in userbase.

I need to focus my efforts on bringing the MSM8916 devices up to speed on kernel security (working on it), and then bring LineageOS 16 (want to work on it). The MSM8610 devices have a much smaller userbase, and I don't have time to deal with an old declining device family.

Thank you all for your testing and bug reporting efforts. I've appreciated the support of the community. You are welcome to continue building, sharing, and discussing unofficial builds in this thread.

It was a nice run. LOS for Otus outlasted even the LOS for the more recent Athene device. Thank you!

Reactions: squid2

vinyasns

Oct 4, 2016

Thank you for your hardwork on this device

ChipoTheDoggo

Feb 28, 2017
Thank you for keeping this device as updated as it could. It surely had a long run. Sad to hear it won't get updated but it's totally understandable. Good luck with other devices!

Droid King

Mar 25, 2016

So this is it, i just wanted to say thank you, the way you did for this device(s) single handedly since past year is just awesome, i wish you best of the luck for the future, it was glad to had a cooperative developer/maintainer like you.

Reactions: impulsar

goosnarrggh

Jul 25, 2016

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3AjGvOY.png

I have brought LineageOS 14.1 to otus. LineageOS is effectively a continuation of the CyanogenMod project. This is the thread for official weekly builds.

Downloads:
    Official weekly builds
    Lineage su addon

Changelog:
    cmxlog official nightly changelogs

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for Moto E 3G (otus), ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
    squid2, LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-09-11
    Last Updated 2017-01-26
    This may be a bigger change than just that, such as devices being dependent on individual developers, unable to rely on jenkins and other stuff so after Dec 31 no more cohesive runs of nighltys for all devices. We'll have to stay tuned.

More info: https://www.xda-developers.com/the-death-of-cyangenmod-and-whats-in-store-for-the-future/

The whole CyanogenMod development community is moving over to the Lineage fork. From a user perspective, the fork is effectively a name change to avoid conflict with Cyanogen trademarks. Our goal is to preserve backwards compatibility with CyanogenMod, so that you can upgrade (dirty flash) directly from CyanogenMod 14.1 to Lineage 14.1. We still intend to have official builds. However, given the end of corporate backing, there will likely be fewer build servers, and so we may be switching to weekly builds instead of nightly builds. I don't think that will be much of an inconvenience to users, as day to day changes are usually quite small.
    Official Nightlies

I have migrated the official nightly builds for otus and condor over to CM14.1. Expect to see the first builds some time tomorrow.
    September 14 Release

I've posted a new build with the latest CM sources. Apart from updating a few camera libraries to avoid linker hacks, I haven't changed much on the device specific end. However, there has been a fair bit of progress on CM 14 over the past few days. Most noteworthy is the merging of the Android 7.0.0 r6 tag that includes all the latest security and bug fixes from Google. Other noteworthy fixes include the setup wizard, and having LiveDisplay switch normally between day and night mode. I've also included a few legacy RIL related patches - I'm curious if these have any impact on Dual SIM devices. As usual, the download link is on the first post.

With regards to surnia, don't worry, I will be supporting you too. It just takes time - I can't do everything at once.
    December 7 Build

A new build is up on the first post. It's CM14.1, including Android 7.1.1. This build is stable enough for daily use.