FORUMS

UPDATED [6.0+] Stock Oreo Moto E5 Play Bootanimation for Moto E2

334 posts
Thanks Meter: 131

By nickleby, Senior Member on 19th September 2017, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Update: go to post #6

Here's the bootanimation (Hello Moto 2017) from the Moto E4 system image. It's using the same way as Motorola stock ROM to play the bootanimation, so it will replace the bootanimation binary to allow play mp4 videos as bootanimations. It's working on LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2). The .zip file will backup your old bootanimation binary in case you need to revert the changes.

Edit: added file for Android 6.0.x. MotoE4Bootanimation [6.0]. (Don't know if it's working since I'm not using Android 6.0.x, please test and report the results.)

WARNING: I'm not responsible if something happens to your device.

Because this flash file changes the bootanimation binary, you'll not be allowed to use a standard bootanimation.zip (that loads the animation from a bunch of .jpg or .png files) unless you revert to the original binary that came with the ROM, thats why the .zip will backup the original binary (/system/bin/bootanimation_bak). Also, it will not backup your original bootanimation.zip (located at /system/media), it's strongly recommended to backup this file if you want to revert to the original bootani. Or simply, make a backup of your whole system partition just in case anything goes wrong.

Credits goes to firmware.center for providing the Moto E4 system image and Motorola/Lenovo.

If you find this useful, hit the Thanks! button.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MotoE4Bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.85 MB, 1558 views)
File Type: zip MotoE4Bootanimation [6.0].zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.83 MB, 1040 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickleby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickleby Ad-Free
20th September 2017, 01:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Not working for me
Model: XT1514
20th September 2017, 01:41 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Caracas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer7Mod

Not working for me
Model: XT1514

It seems the binary file is compatible only with Android 7.1.x. I can try extracting the binary from a Motorola stock ROM with Android 6.0.1 if you're interested.
Edit: you can find the new file in the OP.
20th September 2017, 06:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickleby

It seems the binary file is compatible only with Android 7.1.x. I can try extracting the binary from a Motorola stock ROM with Android 6.0.1 if you're interested.
Edit: you can find the new file in the OP.

Thanks for the new file. worked perfectly on android 6
9th October 2017, 07:42 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Does this work with sound?
PD: i don't know why that zip attached, Xda labs is a Lot buggy
Attached Files
File Type: zip hello moto bootanimation 540x960.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.28 MB, 180 views)
19th July 2018, 01:21 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Caracas

More
Hi! Here's an update to the bootanimations. They are from stock Android Oreo for the Moto E5 Play. I modified the bootanimation to remove the Lenovo logo.

Directions are the same from the first post, so, read carefully before trying.

Update: to flash de boot logo you must first rename the file to change the extension (logo.bin.zip to logo.bin), then reboot your phone into fastboot mode and flash the logo using the command fastboot flash logo logo.bin

In the attachments you can find a preview of the bootanimation and preview of the boot logo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01_moto.gif
Views:	330
Size:	433.4 KB
ID:	4552897   Click image for larger version

Name:	02_loop.gif
Views:	334
Size:	1,022.0 KB
ID:	4552898   Click image for larger version

Name:	boot_logo.png
Views:	332
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	4552900  
Attached Files
File Type: zip MotoE5_Bootanimation_6.x.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.73 MB, 118 views)
File Type: zip MotoE5_Bootanimation_7.x.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.75 MB, 252 views)
File Type: zip logo.bin.zip - [Click for QR Code] (194.2 KB, 170 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to nickleby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickleby Ad-Free
21st July 2018, 10:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What about Oreo ROMs ?
4th August 2018, 02:58 PM |#8  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bootlogo not installing on android 7.1.2 lineage
Showing error 6 on twrp
9th August 2018, 05:38 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Caracas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicHugoSA

Bootlogo not installing on android 7.1.2 lineage
Showing error 6 on twrp

Flash the boot logo with the instructions in post #6
8th October 2018, 06:00 AM |#10  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 505

Donate to Me
More
has anyone figured out how to flash a boot image that will show over the initial N/A or Bad Key screen on the actual E5 Play?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)