FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Update moto E XT1022 to Android 5

134 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By Akhil137, Senior Member on 13th February 2015, 06:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
WARNING:- DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK I'll NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE.
Its just for an Indian retail version only. yes, even after updating using the methods given below, you will get future updates

Notes -

Make sure that you are running completely stock version of android before applying the update. Do not try to apply the update with custom recoveries as it may hardbrick your device.Make sure that you have an indian retail version of the Moto E. You can check this by going to Settings->About Phone and scroll down and check if your system version is 21.12.40.condor_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03rete u only.Make sure that you have atleast 50% battery before applying the update.Make a backup of all your apps and data before applying the update. (The update won’t wipe any data on your device, but still, it is safe to do so.)

Method 1*-

Download the update zip from here*http://bit.ly/1FCw68p*(Mediafire Link). This is a soak test update which was captured during the soak testing programme. Soak test isn’t*a*beta update or unstable. It’s just the final build but it rolls out to earlier than the global update.Download Motorola Update Services apk from here*http://bit.ly/1z9Lox0. Install it.Put the zip file which you’ve downloaded in the root of your internal memory as well as external memory. (Root means simply internal or external memory. It means that you have to place the file directly in the internal or external memory and not in any folder inside internal or external memory.)Reboot your phone 2-3 times and leave the device as it is for 15-20 minutes.Now go to Settings->About Phone->System Updates. You will see a screen stating “New system software available”. Click on “Yes I’m in”.Now, a download will begin and you can see that in the status bar. Once the download is complete, swipe down the notification bar and click on Install system update->Install now.Now, your phone will reboot into recovery and install the update update automatically for you. You just have to wait and watch for around 10-15 minutes.When you phone will start booting, just let it boot and don’t panic. Since this is a big software update, so it will take some time to boot up the device.

Method*2 -

I did found that a lot of users are not able to update their device by the above procedure. So I have found one another way of doing the update.Turn on USB debugging on your device. This can be done by doing the following steps – Go into Settings->About Phone and tap on build number 8-10 times. Now press back button and you will see a new option called developers options in the settings. Tap on developers option and enable USB debugging from there.Download motorola device manager from here*http://bit.ly/1MgFKCn.Install the device manager and connect your phone to the PC. The device manager will automatically install all the necessary drivers for you. Now disconnect the phone from the PC.Download minimal adb fastboot from here*http://bit.ly/1ArhfOe.Install it. Now go to My computer->C Drive->Programme Files(x86)->Minimal Adb and fastboot and copy the update zip there. (Do not rename it.)Now go into the recovery mode on your Moto E.This can be done as follows – Power Off your phone. Now press volume down and power buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. This will take you to the bootloader.Now press volume down which will highlight ‘Recovery’ and then press volume up. Now your device will show up a dead android.Now press volume up first then, while pressing the volume up button, press power button. now release the power button first and then volume up button. Now you will see recovery.Now use volume down button to scroll to ‘Apply update from adb’ and then press power button to select it.Now connect your phone to the PC.Now, open Minimal adb and fastboot from the start menu and type the following command
Code:
 adb sideload Blur_Version.21.12.40.condor_retaildsds.retaildsdsall.en.03.zip
This will update your phone.

Congratulations! You’ve got Lollipop on your Moto E! I guess this is the first guide out there.
Do thinks and post your phone screenshots who ever is updating.

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Akhil137 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Akhil137 Ad-Free

13th February 2015, 10:59 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Location link is not working
please fix it
13th February 2015, 11:19 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Its working perfectly

13th February 2015, 11:38 AM |#4  
Flag DAVANGERE
Thanks Meter: 1,483

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil137

Its working perfectly

Can u plz check if u can mount script on link2sd app mine not working plz confirm...
13th February 2015, 01:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
will it work on unlocked bootloader
13th February 2015, 02:03 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
No it will not

13th February 2015, 04:15 PM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 952

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil137

No it will not

How much time dos it take to update using the ADB? I mean its stuck at Patching system files since 5 minutes.... i have followed all the procedures correctly....

Edit : Guys, It takes Around 15-17 mins. to complete the process in the phone itself... It may get stuck at patching system, etc.... But remember that do not power off the phone or unplug during adb transfer in any case

Regards
Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy1911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Andy1911 Ad-Free
13th February 2015, 06:23 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
U have to put it in internal only no other thing works in it.

15th February 2015, 02:03 PM |#9  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksudhakar

please fix it

Use this much only
http://bit.ly/1FCw68p

@Akhil137 Thanks for this
Kindly edit your post to put a space between "http://bit.ly/1FCw68p" and "*(Mediafire" so it will not cause any trouble to members while clicking on the link and it will work perfectly and directly.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Can anybody provide screenshot for this ?
15th February 2015, 10:32 PM |#10  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 30

Donate to Me
More
Video Tutorial
Here's a Working Moto E Lollipop Update Tutorial: Here's a tutorial i made on How to Install Lollipop on Moto E as there seem to be many problems with people trying different methods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Refs73469IA
16th February 2015, 09:34 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hello, is this an official update or soak test?
I own a Moto G but my friend asked me to keep track of this nonsense for the Moto E
XT1022 = Indian Moto E?
It's pure official stock build, correct? No modifications so that my noob friend can update to the next (possibly 5.1?) whenever it comes out if it does?
He's really doesn't know how to unlock bootloader or anything and doesn't even have a WiFi network so I'm going to download it for him and flash it via stock recovery...
Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)