FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

moto e4 sprint sim unlock? (hidden menu invalid sim card)

451 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By tramuyo, Senior Member on 2nd August 2017, 05:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greeeeetings!

Anyone knows how to sim unlock this thing? (or at least, some kind of intl gsm unlock?)

Really appreciated!

2nd August 2017, 10:16 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
eBay for $2 sim unlock code. Worked well for me
3rd August 2017, 02:11 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
does sim unlocking opens international gsm bands? can anyone please confirm? data only will also work if that's possible.
24th August 2017, 03:38 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trswyo

eBay for $2 sim unlock code. Worked well for me

How did you enter the code then
amarc78
24th August 2017, 04:17 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramuyo

Greeeeetings!

Anyone knows how to sim unlock this thing? (or at least, some kind of intl gsm unlock?)

Really appreciated!

Open your dialer and dial ##27264#. Follow the prompts and it will unbrand your device. I think this is what your looking for.
Edit: it should undo any gsm lock.
Edit: that should be ##27263# sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
12th September 2017, 10:25 PM |#6  
Flag La Paz
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarc78

Open your dialer and dial ##27264#. Follow the prompts and it will unbrand your device. I think this is what your looking for.
Edit: it should undo any gsm lock.
Edit: that should be ##27263# sorry.

It didn't work, it still shows the "invalid sim card" message. For print phones, NV can be edited to SIM unlock, but there's no way to get the MSL code. Anybody knows how to get the MSL code?
24th September 2017, 04:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So what I've come to is all Sprint versions or any IMEI starting with 99 is unlockable. I've had one guy who sells the unlock codes on eBay said he's positive there's no way to unlock the 99 IMEI phone. Can anybody else confirm this or offer up a solution?
amarc78
24th September 2017, 07:02 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chijohnx

So what I've come to is all Sprint versions or any IMEI starting with 99 is unlockable. I've had one guy who sells the unlock codes on eBay said he's positive there's no way to unlock the 99 IMEI phone. Can anybody else confirm this or offer up a solution?

Mine is sprint/ boost and the imei starts with 99 and I unlocked it just like every other Motorola device I have unlocked.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
24th September 2017, 08:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Moto E4 Plus Sprint/99 IMEI
Nice. Do u mind passing on the knowledge my friend bc I'm at a loss. I have an E4 Plus btw. I'd appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote:

Mine is sprint/ boost and the imei starts with 99 and I unlocked it just like every other Motorola device I have unlocked.

Nice. Do u mind passing on the knowledge my friend bc I'm at a loss. I have an E4 Plus btw. I'd appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:

I've got the E4 Plus btw
25th September 2017, 04:12 AM |#10  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chijohnx

I've got the E4 Plus btw

Have you tried the E4 plus forums instead of the E4's?
The Following User Says Thank You to andMego For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andMego Ad-Free
26th September 2017, 09:21 PM |#11  

More
im having the same issue, i have an e4 plus and i have bought an unlock code but no matter what i try i cannot get a prompt to appear to enter the code. is there any other option of sim unlocking besides using the code. maybe some kind of root exploit?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)