[PERRY][QUALCOMM][7.1.1] Real LTE fix for custom roms, potentially all stock carriers

Search This thread

SeanStar

Jun 16, 2011
Hey guys, here is the long awaited LTE fix for perry and owens users.

Please do a clean install of your custom rom of choice before immediately flashing this before the first boot for best results. (I prefer to use squid2's lineage build)
If you don't do this, you may have to reset your apns to default in settings. Preferred network mode should be set to Global.

Steps for installation:
  1. Download the apns-conf for your carrier and blobs.zip (apns-conf.sprint.zip for Sprint, apns-conf.boost.zip for Boost, and apns-conf.stock.00modified.zip for everything else)
  2. Stick them on your phone's SD card
  3. Flash the two zip files you downloaded

apns-conf.stock.00modified.zip Download
apns-conf.sprint.zip Download
apns-conf.boost.zip Download
blobs.zip Download

EDIT: Apparently the apn's are only working in the condensed versions for Sprint/Boost, so I've uploaded apns-conf for both of those.
EDIT2: Yea, it actually looks like they are working, you just have to be sure to flash stock firmware for your device prior to clean installing rom and the fix. Otherwise no guarantees any of it will work.

Attachments

• blobs.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,139
  • apns-conf.stock.00modified.zip
    44.6 KB · Views: 763
  • apns-conf.boost.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 494
  • apns-conf.sprint.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:

SeanStar

Jun 16, 2011
So you think it will work with virgin mobile too? Just flash rom and your 2 zips?

Possibly. It's not confirmed, and kinda hard to tell since your telephony.db didn't have any obvious missing internet apn's, but this has the sprint internet apn added to it and the 310 00 modifications, so it has the best chance of working of anything that has been released. Especially since I fixed the blobs.. and yes, you just flash the rom and 2 zips.

Reactions: madbat99

SeanStar

Jun 16, 2011
Now is there a way to incorporate this fix automatically in ROMs, be it via cherry-picking a commit or including the zip file to auto flash during a rom installation?

This is the fix for the blobs in the vendor files:
https://github.com/MotoOwensDevel/p...mmit/e8c74378e816d9940d34544f85c08dc45145a694

As for the APNs, I have a release tools script for the owens device tree that installs my modified stock APNs
https://github.com/MotoOwensDevel/android_device_motorola_owens/blob/cm-14.1/releasetools.py

You'll have to kinda look at https://github.com/MotoOwensDevel/android_device_motorola_owens to see how it works completely, but this is already incorporated in my lineage build for the Moto E4 Plus.

EDIT: I'm going to have to change the release tools script a bit more, because apparently the apns only like to work in the condensed forms for Sprint/Boost.
EDIT2: I've implemented the fix in the owens device tree.
EDIT3: Reverted the fix, looks like the reports of it not working are wrong. I just got confirmation that installing completely stock firmware and then installing the rom and the 00modified stock apns and blobs should work on Sprint/Boost just fine. They don't need to be separated out.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2015
So after a few days of going step by step from the instructions and trying every thing else I could think of nothing works to get working lte... Even the 1x and 3g were spotty I'm on Virgin Mobile and if any one needs any files to help get the lte working let me know .....I know that after flashing the blobs and other files it says on lte but refuses to connect

After flashing both zips I get 1 X and all my APN settings are erased when I flash just the blobs I can get a solid 3-g and I have all my APN settings but still can't get LTE no matter what I put

Well i finally managed to get lte but working on trying to get mms

Last edited:

frederickrl

Aug 2, 2016
After flashing both zips I get 1 X and all my APN settings are erased when I flash just the blobs I can get a solid 3-g and I have all my APN settings but still can't get LTE no matter what I put

Well i finally managed to get lte but working on trying to get mms

How did you get lte to work?

How did you get lte to work?
So far I've been able to get LTE and MMS working on only the Android ice cold project ROM. I flashed the Boost APN zip and the blob zip. Then I created a boost APN setting. I got these settings from a couple of guys on XDA who helped me out. Just follow the screenshots. hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180318-125715.png
    Screenshot_20180318-125715.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 888
  • Screenshot_20180318-125729.png
    Screenshot_20180318-125729.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 932
  • Screenshot_20180318-125746.png
    Screenshot_20180318-125746.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 875
  • Screenshot_20180318-125800.png
    Screenshot_20180318-125800.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 830
  • Screenshot_20180318-125838.png
    Screenshot_20180318-125838.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 845
Reactions: Thexmastermind

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Hi @SeanStar, I just wanted to touch base with you to let you know, despite my persistence, Motorola Mobility has declined to grant me access to carrier specific manifests on the perry xt1766, citing that "disclosure of such documentation would potentially violate contractual clauses regarding internal security protocols...between Lenovo, Motorola Mobility, and mvno subsidiaries of Sprint..." So on and so forth, etcetera, etcetera. Ironically I had another request denied last week for access to blankflash files for certain Motorola devices, which could be used to unbrick devices using Qualcomm's emergency recovery mode. The company is getting super tight on such info. They had no problem releasing the same manifests back in 2016 for the xr1526 surnia Moto E LTE. Interestingly, both of my recent requests were denied directly by Motorola Mobility's Office of General Counsel. The lawdogs themselves told me no.

Last edited:

frederickrl

Aug 2, 2016
So far I've been able to get LTE and MMS working on only the Android ice cold project ROM. I flashed the Boost APN zip and the blob zip. Then I created a boost APN setting. I got these settings from a couple of guys on XDA who helped me out. Just follow the screenshots. hope this helps

I LOVE YOU!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I didn't attempt to this I installed this ROM and it's amazing, everything I may want from a custom rom is here, and the settings worked BEUTIFULLY, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this!

I LOVE YOU!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I didn't attempt to this I installed this ROM and it's amazing, everything I may want from a custom rom is here, and the settings worked BEUTIFULLY, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this!

No problem bro! everything I've learned and continue to learn has been on this site, so if I can help anybody here, with my limited knowledge base, awesome! you're very welcome ?

Thexmastermind

Dec 30, 2015

worked absolutely great.

bakerd62

Mar 23, 2016
Honestly I searched VM APK fix for Android 7.0, and that was the top link to the XDA search tab

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

But that would be great if you could give me the fix

madbat99

Mar 1, 2014
Motorola Edge+ (2022)
Honestly I searched VM APK fix for Android 7.0, and that was the top link to the XDA search tab

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

But that would be great if you could give me the fix
I have one for virgin mobile that worked for me on aokp and aicp. Haven't tested others. I did not make it. One of the members in the telegram group did. Not sure what his xda username is. I'll find out and give credit.

Reactions: Spaceminer

cloudblue

Mar 23, 2016
Chicago
I cannot for the life of me....find stock firmware for the Moto E 2015 LTE XT1526 model anywhere. Can some one point me to same? I am running official Lineage OS 14.1 nightlies and not having LTE is a reall deal breaker.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, here is the long awaited LTE fix for perry and owens users.

Please do a clean install of your custom rom of choice before immediately flashing this before the first boot for best results. (I prefer to use squid2's lineage build)
    If you don't do this, you may have to reset your apns to default in settings. Preferred network mode should be set to Global.

Steps for installation:
    1. Download the apns-conf for your carrier and blobs.zip (apns-conf.sprint.zip for Sprint, apns-conf.boost.zip for Boost, and apns-conf.stock.00modified.zip for everything else)
    2. Stick them on your phone's SD card
    3. Flash the two zip files you downloaded

apns-conf.stock.00modified.zip Download
    apns-conf.sprint.zip Download
    apns-conf.boost.zip Download
    blobs.zip Download

EDIT: Apparently the apn's are only working in the condensed versions for Sprint/Boost, so I've uploaded apns-conf for both of those.
    EDIT2: Yea, it actually looks like they are working, you just have to be sure to flash stock firmware for your device prior to clean installing rom and the fix. Otherwise no guarantees any of it will work.
    Now is there a way to incorporate this fix automatically in ROMs, be it via cherry-picking a commit or including the zip file to auto flash during a rom installation?

This is the fix for the blobs in the vendor files:
    https://github.com/MotoOwensDevel/p...mmit/e8c74378e816d9940d34544f85c08dc45145a694

As for the APNs, I have a release tools script for the owens device tree that installs my modified stock APNs
    https://github.com/MotoOwensDevel/android_device_motorola_owens/blob/cm-14.1/releasetools.py

You'll have to kinda look at https://github.com/MotoOwensDevel/android_device_motorola_owens to see how it works completely, but this is already incorporated in my lineage build for the Moto E4 Plus.

EDIT: I'm going to have to change the release tools script a bit more, because apparently the apns only like to work in the condensed forms for Sprint/Boost.
    EDIT2: I've implemented the fix in the owens device tree.
    EDIT3: Reverted the fix, looks like the reports of it not working are wrong. I just got confirmation that installing completely stock firmware and then installing the rom and the 00modified stock apns and blobs should work on Sprint/Boost just fine. They don't need to be separated out.
    Hi guys, I need some help. I'm on sprint, I recently got a moto e4 from ebay, set up for Sprint and including Sprint SIM, new-open-box bearing Lenovo logos, and the phone had a Lenovo boot splash as well, if that means anything. It also had a Sprint LTE splash and I assume this is a normal and correct phone, I'm just trying to give any useful details possible. I did have some trouble registering my phone (switching my device via the Sprint website, or via the on-phone helper), and I ended up having to get on sprint chat and have them do it manually, so maybe that could be part of my problem? Everything worked fine after that though, including LTE, and I used it this way (stock) for a few days before deciding to alter it... I researched the forums before doing anything at all to it, so I don't know what I could be doing wrong.

After I decided to go ahead with rooting and installing a rom, I did exactly what this thread directs. I unlocked it via the motorola site, I installed TWRP, wiped everything and then flashed squid2's LOS and the blobs and apns-conf from this thread all in one shot. I could not get LTE and I was only able to get EvDo after a lot of APN editing trial and error. Even then, after a reboot I have to edit it all over again. Otherwise it constantly tries to use eHRPD, and fails, no matter what preference I set. I've since tried AICP, which did give me a much more extensive list of data preference setting options, and DotOS, but I still have the same problem with all of them. They also all complain about not finding a SIM during the initial boot setup, but the SIM info looks complete afterward. Is that normal?
    As far as the SIM missing during the initial boot setup, that is completely normal when using this fix. As for the problem with it, I have no idea. This should definitely work on Sprint, though would probably not work on boost or virgin (if I remember correctly). As of March I've had all 3 carriers fixed for owens with my Lineage OS build. This thread isn't exactly easy to update with the more complete fix though, because it's not something easily patched with a zip in TWRP. It's built into the ROM. I could possibly build for Moto E4 (perry), which would give you my latest and most complete fix (one that actually provisions with Sprint properly using their proprietary system app and libraries) as well as some of the extra features I added, which includes FM Radio. Give me a few days to find some time to do it and I'll post it. Kinda surprised nobody has done it yet considering it would be trivial with the device trees I've added on github for owens development.
    Yes, I did combine the LTE apn fix with the blobs into a zip that makes everything work straightaway with that one zip, but the original credit goes to Steven Moreno, all I did was just make it to where one zip could be flashed to make everything work on first boot :)

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ------
    Thanks bro. Wasn't sure of your name here. Worked when I used it. All the ROMs act funky in 1 way or another, so I'm just running stock with xposed and gravitybox now. But that combo zip let me play with ROMs for a bit.
    I have one for virgin mobile that worked for me on aokp and aicp. Haven't tested others. I did not make it. One of the members in the telegram group did. Not sure what his xda username is. I'll find out and give credit.
    Pretty sure it was @PimpMy5Ton