Help with moto e5 play XT1921-3 custom roms/gsi flashing issues

Search This thread

mikeshutte

Feb 21, 2015
I was hoping that one of the developers or someone with knowledge of this device could possibly help out with an issue of flashing custom roms to my device. It's the MetroPCS variant of the Moto e5 play. The issue I'm having is when I try to flash the lineage os rom listed for this device, or any of the compatable gsi's for the device, the screen just lights up as though the backlight is on but no image during boot. It will just continue this way until I reboot the device. I was in the past able to load both lineage os 8.1 and some of the Android 9 gsi's no problem. I had an issue where I had to recover the phone back to factory and I did take an ota. The bootloader is still unlocked after the ota, but since then it seems like I've been having the booting issues with custom roms. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Celsiusss

foxdroid01

Jun 5, 2016
I was hoping that one of the developers or someone with knowledge of this device could possibly help out with an issue of flashing custom roms to my device. It's the MetroPCS variant of the Moto e5 play. The issue I'm having is when I try to flash the lineage os rom listed for this device, or any of the compatable gsi's for the device, the screen just lights up as though the backlight is on but no image during boot. It will just continue this way until I reboot the device. I was in the past able to load both lineage os 8.1 and some of the Android 9 gsi's no problem. I had an issue where I had to recover the phone back to factory and I did take an ota. The bootloader is still unlocked after the ota, but since then it seems like I've been having the booting issues with custom roms. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Ive troed and still searching did you find anythinv helpful?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.