FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

Clip Smartphone Lenses - Wide, Fisheye, Macro (with IMAAAAAGES)

189 posts
Thanks Meter: 122

By danieliop, Senior Member on 26th October 2014, 06:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
PhOtOgRaPhY MaDnEsS

These lenses can be found on eBay for a few bucks. I've got mine at Mercado Livre (BR) for R$50,00 (which is like US$20).

They have a decent quality and go fine with the new Moto G. They produce some chromatic aberration, and they surely will bump your ISO up - so be careful with indoor shots, as they will be probably noisier than without the lens.
But it's not something that will compromise your selfies or daily snaps.

As for videos, my Moto G struggles in focusing. Idk why. But it almost renders videos unusable with the infinite being almost always out of focus.

The kit includes two lenses (one being splittable) and a clip. You just screw the lens to the clip, and clip it (oh really) to the phone.

It fits well in the Moto G.

Here's the fisheye. It provides a damn big angle of view.

The cool thing is that these clip lenses are versatile. You can put it in the front camera, to add some extra bam to your selfies

(in case anyone wants, here's a photo in the same distance and without the lens)

And here...

We have the Macro + Wide lenses. Split it, and it becomes a macro. Join them, and you've got a wide angle.

Here's the macro in action.

And a photo of the wide angle. (definetely not my favourite lens)

Veredict?

Well, they're worth it. Just be careful because sometimes the clip can leave marks on your colorful shell.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to danieliop For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danieliop Ad-Free

23rd November 2014, 03:17 PM |#2  
Flag Paraisópolis
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Also from Brazil here! Do you have the link from MercadoLivre? I'm thinking about buying it
23rd November 2014, 03:36 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4n

Also from Brazil here! Do you have the link from MercadoLivre? I'm thinking about buying it

Yes, I do! Check your inbox
cabba403
30th November 2014, 03:44 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm excited to see some captured pictures from the lenses...
4th December 2014, 07:16 PM |#5  
Flag Zapopan
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Does it only leave marks on the Shell or can it leave marks on the screen too?
4th January 2015, 09:09 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Shell Comparison
Hey,
Really liked your rear shell for the Moto G 2014. Is it turquoise color ?
I am considering buying the same shell but cannot make up my mind since turquoise shell on the Motorola website look so different in color than the one you have.
Can you do a side by side comparison of the rear shell that shipped with the Moto G 2014 with the turquoise one ?
I heard that both the shells differ in terms of feel, strength and material... Do comment on these too.
Looking forward for some nice photos of the shell on the phone...
Thanks
10th March 2015, 04:15 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabba403

I'm excited to see some captured pictures from the lenses...

I remember posting some here on XDA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie CDP

Does it only leave marks on the Shell or can it leave marks on the screen too?

Only on the shell, the screen is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutosh90

Hey,
Really liked your rear shell for the Moto G 2014. Is it turquoise color ?
I am considering buying the same shell but cannot make up my mind since turquoise shell on the Motorola website look so different in color than the one you have.
Can you do a side by side comparison of the rear shell that shipped with the Moto G 2014 with the turquoise one ?
I heard that both the shells differ in terms of feel, strength and material... Do comment on these too.
Looking forward for some nice photos of the shell on the phone...
Thanks

Yep, it's the turquoise. I don't have it right now, but yes, they feel different. Personnally I preffer the black, as it's a little more grippy than the turquoise (which is more slippery). About the strenght, I'm afraid can't answer.
21st June 2016, 02:44 AM |#8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 32

Donate to Me
More
The fisheye sounds good. But it is a little expense, because 3 in 1 fisheye kits on amazon is only 11.99 doller . So what I should do ?
27th July 2016, 05:02 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have been trying to find a lens kit for the Moto G Plus. Like the results of your lens kit with exception to "wide lens" don't like the black ring around the photo. Can you let me know the brand that you use for your photos? Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fisheye, lens, motorola, phone acessory, photography

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)