Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery][Titan] TWRP 2.8.0.1 for Moto G 2014

487 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,550

By adrianom, Senior Member on 5th October 2014, 08:26 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
TWRP 2.8.0.1

Quote:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel

Download:

TWRP_2.8.0.1_Titan_v2.img

Instalation:
  1. Unlock your Bootloader, click here
  2. Go into bootloader mode (power off and hold power+vol down and release)
  3. Connect the phone to your PC
  4. Install Adb and Fastboot into your PC (if don't install yet) (Windows, Mac)
  5. From CMD or Terminal go into your the download folder and execute:
    Quote:

fastboot flash recovery TWRP_2.8.0.1_Titan_v2.img

Credits:
Team Win Recovery Project

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to adrianom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adrianom Ad-Free

5th October 2014, 08:37 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florianópolis

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to adrianom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adrianom Ad-Free
5th October 2014, 10:04 AM |#3  
Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 93

More
when i try to flash this recovery i get a "mismatch partition size." when i reboot to recovery it just boots the phone back up. did i do something wrong?
5th October 2014, 11:28 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcviado

when i try to flash this recovery i get a "mismatch partition size." when i reboot to recovery it just boots the phone back up. did i do something wrong?

connect your phone to your PC, open CMD in your adb folder and write adb reboot recovery, then press enter
It worked for me, I had the same problem
5th October 2014, 12:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,199

More
Try using this recovery by @suhas.holla TWRP v 2.8 but it has some issues while taking backup and clearing cache partition.
Thread Link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...2014-t2874245/

Else use TWRP v2.7 by @suhas.holla Working perfectly fine only bug is you cant backup to internal sdcard, backup to external sd is possible.
Link : https://drive.google.com/folderview?...25CdjlQOUl2Qlk
5th October 2014, 05:20 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florianópolis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcviado

"mismatch partition size" is normal, all non official image show this message. To access you have to select recovery from bootloader and press volume up button.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adrianom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adrianom Ad-Free
5th October 2014, 05:26 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florianópolis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymyn

Try using this recovery by @suhas.holla TWRP v 2.8 but it has some issues while taking backup and clearing cache partition.
Thread Link : http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...2014-t2874245/

Else use TWRP v2.7 by @suhas.holla Working perfectly fine only bug is you cant backup to internal sdcard, backup to external sd is possible.
Link : https://drive.google.com/folderview?...25CdjlQOUl2Qlk

My 2.8 don't have the backup bug, is fully working. The 2.7 flash fine and backup to external sdcard, but it have a problem with install that use data partition, every install that use data partition execute but don't record the data, essentially falling.
The Following User Says Thank You to adrianom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adrianom Ad-Free
5th October 2014, 05:53 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianom

My 2.8 don't have the backup bug, is fully working. The 2.7 flash fine and backup to external sdcard, but it have a problem with install that use data partition, every install that use data partition execute but don't record the data, essentially falling.

For me the TWRP v2.8, while taking backup of system partition the phone reboots. I am waiting for CWM recovery for our device.
5th October 2014, 05:58 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florianópolis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymyn

For me the TWRP v2.8, while taking backup of system partition the phone reboots. I am waiting for CWM recovery for our device.

You test my 2.8? Because this is working fine for me. The 2.8 from suhas have this problem, but this don't.

The CWM at http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...-2014-t2896586
6th October 2014, 06:51 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianom

TWRP 2.8.0.1

Download:

TWRP_2.8.0.1_Titan.img

Can you please share source code as well?
6th October 2014, 12:13 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florianópolis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheller

Can you please share source code as well?

Is a ported version, so the source is the same as official, only changed the config files in image.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
recovery, root, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread