FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][PIE][UNOFFICIAL][TITAN][9.0_r21] AICP P 14.0 | Pie 9.0 | Unofficial Builds

1,174 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,920

Post Reply Email Thread

AICP Pie for Titan
Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and we are now based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out or the GZOSP team, if it concerns their code base. This ROM isn't GZOSP supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */

Feature list (rough overview)

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
@maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
DU team
SlimRoms team
Resurrection Remix team
Community

@LorD ClockaN
@zipsnet
@eyosen
@semdoc
@Drgravy
@Hashbang173
@SpiritCroc
@wartomato
@eboye
plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
Thank you!!

Latest Unofficial Release Version 14.0

Download link: Unofficial Builds

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
We advise everyone to keep at least the latest or best working build on their device as a backup.
Maybe copy it to a cloud service or USB too.

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Google Apps(Choose ARM/Pico/9.0): OpenGapps

What's working :

--Boots
--RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
--Wi-Fi
--Wi-Fi Hotspot
--Bluetooth
--Camera
--Camcorder
--Audio
--Flash
--Night Mode
--Enforcing Build

What's not working :

--Power off/Reboot to recovery has issues, use hardware buttons combinations to boot into recovery/turn off

FAQ:
Before using the ROM:
Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
A. Yes, just look in the OP to see if your device is built on a nightly or weekly schedule.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels?
A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP. Custom ROMs modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROMs. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
A. You will need to use the version arm64/arm/whatever for SDK 27.

Flashing the ROM:
Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
A. Check the install instructions in the first post...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
A. Yes, however make a nandroid backup first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterwards.

Using the ROM:

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I keep losing root with Magisk, how do I fix it?
A. Check this out. If that doesn't work for you, ask for help in this thread, read or ask in the Magisk thread on XDA or just re-flash Magisk!

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....tortel.syslog (Root needed).
A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Pie. You don't need to install any Add-on's, simply download the latest ROM, GApps, flash it and go!
If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know it!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
3. Wipe the System, Cache, Data and ART/Dalvik cache.
4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
6. Reboot and set up your device, enable developer settings and in them OEM unlock/Advanced reboot/USB tethering.
7. Reboot back into TWRP recovery.
8. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
9. Reboot your device.
The procedure might vary from device to device and is a bit different on system updates!

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once!
The root solution should be flashed together with every OTA update (= ROM Update)

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
Magisk versions higher than 17.2 doesn't usually require to be flashed on every dirty flash. Depending on the device, you may need to flash it every time. Unless your maintainer says otherwise it should be fine.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates):
To be able to flash using the built-in OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
Please be sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery. Keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!

If you want to contribute to the AICP or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:

Source Code

ROM & Additional links:
AICP Gerrit Code Review
AICP on Github

AICP G+ community

Contributors:
thedeadfish59
Device Source Code: Device Tree

Credits for titan:
@LuK1337 : for trees, our codes and works mostly depends on his code
@RenanQueiroz : For his trees, cant thank him enough, all pie builds are based on his fixed trees
@jhenrique09
@AdrianDC
@luca020400

Motorola : For providing the Kernel Source Code
CM/LOS Team

ROM OS Version: 9.0.x Pie
Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: GZOSP
Version Information:
Release Date: 11-26-2018

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to thedeadfish59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thedeadfish59 Ad-Free

25th November 2018, 08:03 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia

Donate to Me
More
Screenies

These arent enough? Flash to see more!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedeadfish59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thedeadfish59 Ad-Free
25th November 2018, 08:04 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia

Donate to Me
More
Changelog
Code:
First Build(11-26-2018)
--Initial Release With OpenGL force enabled

Build(11-30-2018)
--Mobile Data fixed
--Performance Improvements
Build(12-11-2018)
--Reverted to SkiaGL instead of OpenGL
--SElinux is set to Enforcing
--Fixed boot issue (Reboot to recovery/Stuck in boot)
--Updated with AICP source
--December Security Patch Update (Android 9.0.0_r21)
--Added FMRadio
--Added the ability to download Motorola apps from the Play Store
--ZRAM re-enabled and set to 256 MB
--Fixed bluetooth app force close when connecting to an AV receiver that supports AAC
--Performance fixes
--Fixed Instagram/WhatsApp video playback

Build(12-17-2018)
--Fixes offline charging
--AICP updates (fixes clock AM/PM and many feature updates)
--Some more SElinux Enforcing fixes

Build(03-08-2019)
--Fixed hotspot
--Fixed Sim Settings Crashes
--AICP updates
--Stable enforcing build
--Built in Equalizer (JamesDSP)
--Some more SElinux Enforcing fixes

Update(29-03-19)
--Fixed Boot issue (Neither turns off nor goes to recovery)
--CPU fixes
--Some minor changes

Common Ques:

Q: Is there any common Pie discussion thread available?
A: Sure here it is! https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...hread-t3834902

Q: Are you going to update it daily?
A: Only if I get time...

Q: Can you make overclock kernel for this rom?
A: Nope (If I do, that would be a separate project)

Q: Suitable for Daily driver?
A: Check issues section, rest are fine in ROM

Q: Are you going to fix bleh?
A: Whenever I will feel to fix, whenever it will be possible

Q: Screenshots?
A: Check #2

Q: Will this rom become official?
A: I am lazy, maybe in future

Q: When will you release the next build?
A: Asking for ETA is a sin

Q: Want to report bugs! Device is dancing like a maniac
A: There is an old meme I like bout this

Logcat

Q: I want to donate LineageOS developers, and whoever maintaining ROMs, they worked so hard for titan

A: Here you can do that
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thedeadfish59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thedeadfish59 Ad-Free
25th November 2018, 09:43 PM |#4  
Flag ParanĂ¡
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Great!! Dowloading , tanks.
26th November 2018, 01:37 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
You're a machine! You keep delivering ROMs! Thank you very much @thedeadfish59
Btw it would be amazing if this would go official.....
26th November 2018, 03:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 597

More
Mobile data is not working and sim settings are crashing,I'm using the dual SIM variant
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2018-11-26-01-44-38.txt - [Click for QR Code] (50.8 KB, 58 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to DanGLES3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DanGLES3 Ad-Free
26th November 2018, 05:35 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGLES3

Mobile data is not working and sim settings are crashing

I will check the logcat asap, this rom is still under development, thanks for providing logcat
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedeadfish59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thedeadfish59 Ad-Free
26th November 2018, 06:26 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadfish59

I will check the logcat asap

That was quick, outside of mobile data everything else is great,it seems with every new pie ROM the titan seems to always get a little faster and smoother. ,Thx for the quick response BTW

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

I found out,It seems you are missing the libcnefeatureconfig.so and libstlport.so libraries,i added them manually and fixed the mobile data issue,but sim settings menu still crashes @thedeadfish59, guess i just saved you a few minutes/hours of debugging and testing on the mobile data issue
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DanGLES3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DanGLES3 Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 08:07 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia

Donate to Me
More
New Build Is Up
Update(30/11/2018)

--Mobile Data Fixed
--Performance improvements
--Updated with AICP sources

Download: From Here

h

Note: AICP Pie is at Development stage, so bugs may appear definitely, in such case, attach a logcat while reporting bug, thanks
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thedeadfish59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thedeadfish59 Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 08:09 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGLES3

That was quick, outside of mobile data everything else is great,it seems with every new pie ROM the titan seems to always get a little faster and smoother. ,Thx for the quick response BTW

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

I found out,It seems you are missing the libcnefeatureconfig.so and libstlport.so libraries,i added them manually and fixed the mobile data issue,but sim settings menu still crashes @thedeadfish59, guess i just saved you a few minutes/hours of debugging and testing on the mobile data issue

AICP source has some repos missing, I fixed mobile data now, thanks for the logcat, soon simsettings will be fixed hopefully, have patience
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedeadfish59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thedeadfish59 Ad-Free
30th November 2018, 08:10 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadfish59

AICP source has some repos missing, I fixed mobile data now, thanks for the logcat, soon simsettings will be fixed hopefully, have patience

Thx,glad I could help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aicp, android, motog2, pie, titan

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)