[DISCONTINUED][ROM][8.1.0][OFFICIAL] Pixel Experience [AOSP][Color Engine]

Search This thread

pranavpmanoj

Oct 18, 2015
Calicut
Moto G5S Plus
Google Pixel 4a
Is there any way to get Google Assistant working on Pixel Experience Oreo for titan?
There is a flashable zip for enabling the Google Assistant on Titan. Just look it up on Google. Download and flash via TWRP.

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

I hope Pixel Experience Pie for Titan has the Google Assistant
Is anyone working on PE Pie for Titan?

Mohanraj45

Sep 9, 2018
There is a flashable zip for enabling the Google Assistant on Titan. Just look it up on Google. Download and flash via TWRP.

---------- Post added at 04:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Is anyone working on PE Pie for Titan?

Yes they are working on it. It will release after December but before January. Atleast thats what the officials said.:laugh::laugh:

Reactions: pranavpmanoj

mart1n72

Jul 22, 2018
Pune
is this rom good for daily work? Is it lags? plz help me with this

The ROM is quite good but there are some issues with the battery indicator. I had 26% battery left and my phone suddenly shut down saying 0% battery left....
You can use the phone but not as a daily driver with this ROM

Also, the developer has abandoned the phone and it will not receive any fuether updates

CodeDroid

The ROM is quite good but there are some issues with the battery indicator. I had 26% battery left and my phone suddenly shut down saying 0% battery left....
You can use the phone but not as a daily driver with this ROM

Also, the developer has abandoned the phone and it will not receive any fuether updates
I don't think that's a issue with the ROM but rather your battery is probably quite old. This issue of the battery suddenly dying happens with me on other ROMs too.

LuckyScooby

Apr 27, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I don't think that's a issue with the ROM but rather your battery is probably quite old. This issue of the battery suddenly dying happens with me on other ROMs too.
Agreed, my Titan has the same issue way before unlocking the bootloader and replacing it's original ROM.
I suppose it's a common issue with this model's battery hardware after years of use.

is this rom good for daily work? Is it lags? plz help me with this
Oh! By the way, yes this is a very stable ROM (actually the most stable and clean I've tested so far (over 5))
Anxious for PE Pie :D

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Oh! By the way, yes this is a very stable ROM (actually the most stable and clean I've tested so far (over 5))
This is a 1GB RAM device, I had lags (with all other ROMs too) when installing heavy apps together like Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Google Photos, Skype, ..
I like to periodically check running services and background apps memory usage..
By "heavy" I mean they consume significant memory (relative to this particular model) even when in background (~30MB each).
I've also tried out the Lite version (when available) of these applications, it does help a lot, but now I've left social networks for the browser and this significantly improved how responsive Titan can be with a ROM that is years ahead this device's release date.
My battery is more durable and the UI is as a breeze.
This is my app drawer.

I also installed the Cerberus custom kernel, overclocking my GPU up to 533Mhz (against 450).. it also comes with more customization options (hotplugs, governors, etc) which you can play in Kernel Adiutor, for instance.
This also helped.

I've also enabled the lowRAM prop through TWRP zip patch, but you can find it in Magisk modules for more practical download/install.

Oh! I must mention I reactivated the zRAM in order for some heavy (3D) games to properly load (instead of crashing as before).. tested with 3 distinct games and it works now. :)
Magisk module "GPU Boost" also helped GPU work.

My device has never been smoother.
:cowboy:

LightWard

Dec 5, 2018
Santa Cruz
Impossible dream

My dream is that at least they release a version of the Pixel Experience on android 9.0 on my device the Moto G 2 Titan, but I know it is impossible since the version of my device has been abandoned.

Bhavesh.Rawat

Jul 31, 2018
New Delhi
stuck on google logo

I tried to flash this rom on my moto g2 titan .... I've unlocked bootloader and and have already flashed latest twrp version which is v3.2.3-0
i too previously flashed lineage os 16.0 on my moto g2 but after some time it showed up with issues like
"System UI keeps stopping" which i was fed up of ..... so i decided to flash pixel experience oreo on my device but now it's stuck google's logo ....and now i don't what to do
please anyone there to help ..??
thanks...

LightWard

Dec 5, 2018
Santa Cruz
Agreed, my Titan has the same issue way before unlocking the bootloader and replacing it's original ROM.
I suppose it's a common issue with this model's battery hardware after years of use.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

This is a 1GB RAM device, I had lags (with all other ROMs too) when installing heavy apps together like Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Google Photos, Skype, ..
I like to periodically check running services and background apps memory usage..
By "heavy" I mean they consume significant memory (relative to this particular model) even when in background (~30MB each).
I've also tried out the Lite version (when available) of these applications, it does help a lot, but now I've left social networks for the browser and this significantly improved how responsive Titan can be with a ROM that is years ahead this device's release date.
My battery is more durable and the UI is as a breeze.
This is my app drawer.

I also installed the Cerberus custom kernel, overclocking my GPU up to 533Mhz (against 450).. it also comes with more customization options (hotplugs, governors, etc) which you can play in Kernel Adiutor, for instance.
This also helped.

I've also enabled the lowRAM prop through TWRP zip patch, but you can find it in Magisk modules for more practical download/install.

Oh! I must mention I reactivated the zRAM in order for some heavy (3D) games to properly load (instead of crashing as before).. tested with 3 distinct games and it works now. :)
Magisk module "GPU Boost" also helped GPU work.

My device has never been smoother.
:cowboy:

Hi LuckyScooby, first hope you see this post someday. Second, you have already installed the new version of pixel experience android pie on your device, and another of these tips can be applied to your new version of rom pie or not compatible. If you have some tips I would be very grateful.

(google translate)

LuckyScooby

Apr 27, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Hi @LightWard! I have received your citation through thread subscription in my email :highfive:

Unfortunately I no longer use my Titan, it's bricked in a drawer since ~February..

This happened when I tried to downgrade and reinstall the original KitKat ROM (I enjoy changing ROMs regardless of their quality). The instructions included some uncommon shell commands, but I did not know one must never downgrade the bootloader.

In March I've acquired a Moto G7 Play with stock Pie. I'm very satisfied.

Anyway, I remember I tried out some Pie ROMs in my Titan.. I can remember of dotOS (droidontime), but I did not stick with it longer.
My tip remains: root your ROM and play with kernel tweaks.
and do not make the same mistake as me..
DO ALWAYS RESEARCH, if you are still unsure try to find if it can be reversed (in our case Motorola never released the blankflash for Titan, which could recover it from a hard brick, but I only found this AFTER I messed up).
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: LightWard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i3OR5Mx.jpg

PixelExperience for Moto G 2014 [TITAN]

What is this?
    An AOSP/Lineage based ROM, with gapps included, and all Pixel stuffs (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation).

Based on Android 8.1

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Pixel Experience website

Translation
    Help with project translation

Donate
    Queirozrrq (Build author)
    jhenrique09 (ROM Developer)

Translation
    Help with project translation

Telegram channel
    Stay tuned for something awesome

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pixel Experience, ROM for the Moto G 2014

Contributors
    Queirozrrq
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience/

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-01-14
    Last Updated 2019-04-17
    (05/30/2018) Pixel Experience Update
    • Significant performance and stability improvements
    • Fixed occasional crashes at SetupWizard
    • Wave to wake screen or ambient display (AKA CMActions) (Last option under display settings)
    • Video recording fully working
    • WiFi connection improvements
    • Battery improvements
    • CPU Management improvements

Download:
    (02/16/2018) PixelExperience 8.1.0 Update

Build Changelog
    • Official release
    • February security patch
    • Incorrect password/pattern bug fixed
    Changelog

(02/16/2018) Initial release
    • Official release
    • Incorrect password/pattern bug fixed
    (05/30/2018) Second release
    • Significant performance and stability improvements
    • Fixed occasional crashes at SetupWizard
    • Wave to wake screen or ambient display (AKA CMActions) (Last option under display settings)
    • Video recording fully working [Thanks to @AdrianDC]
    • WiFi connection improvements
    • Battery improvements
    • CPU Management improvements
    (07/08/2018) Third release
    • Offline charging fixed (Custom Kernels may break this fix)
    • Minor fixes and performance improvements
    • Added Adaptive LowMemoryKiller
    • ZRAM Disabled
    Thanks man, since you've fixed LOS 15.1, I thought this would be fixed too!

I was waiting for SELinux issues to be fixed, but as of now we don't really know the source of the issues (camera2 crashes on startup, and SIM cards are not recognized), mainly because there are no denials related to anyone of those problems. Then there is the HDR issue as well, which we also haven't been able to find a cause or a fix.

I'll make a new Lineage and Pixel Experience build soon, just to include a few minor fixes, but it will probably be the last one for a long time.

About CypherOS, I'm waiting for the final version of Parfait (6.0) to release it officially.