For experimental builds with D2W/S2W see post #3. ENJOY !!!
Presenting before you "Stellar Kernel" - the most feature rich stock kernel for M0to G 2014. Experience stellar features, stellar performance and stellar battery life combined with stellar stability.
Since there are so many kernels for custom roms, and none for stock, I decided to make one. I will keep updating this kernel with many features! Feel free to request for features. I will try to port as much feature as i can from CM Lollipop kernels.
This kernel is guaranteed to bring the best out of your phone . Enjoy !!!
This kernel is ONLY MEANT FOR STOCK ROMS & NOT FOR CM12/12.1 based ROMs.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will simply laugh at you. */
(please download the latest version to get all of the mentioned features)
- Based on stock lollipop kernel for Moto G 2014
- Compiled using Linaro Toolchain 4.9.3 optimized for ARM
- Fully Compatible with Xposed
- Any Kernel script used
- Kexc Hardboot patched
- Built with Ofast flags
- Added strict_aliasing & modulo_sched flags
- CPU UC to 96 MHz
- GPU OC to 533 MHz & UC to 100 MHz
- RAM OC to 566 MHz
- Disabled PowerHal log spam (thanks to @attack11)
- Faux Sound Control v3.2
- Headset in high performance profile
- 24 bit audio support
- Low latency audio playback
- Slimbus overclocking for superior audio quality
- Ultrasound & ASoC : qdspv2 tweaks (see GitHub)
- Readahead set to 256
- Set sched_mc_power_savings to 2
- NVIDEA Power efficient patches
- Optimized slub memory allocator
- Optimize Sfck Compression
- Sched Tweaks (see GitHub)
- Add Frandom
- Power effecient work queues enabled by default
- Reclaim RAM from loggers, increasing default ram to 883 Mb
- Disable gentle_fair_sleepers for increased I/O
- Enable unaligned_access
- Enable arch_power
- Use power efficient workqueues for bam_dmux
- Optimize square root algorithm
- Many tick, clockevents & timer tweaks (see GitHub)
- Lower swappiness
- Ability to use your device as USB Keyboard / Mouse (use this app)
- Stereo call record support (use this app ONLY with root mode ON)
- Increase torch power by 20mA
- KCAL v2 by Savoca
- Added simple GPU Algorithm
- GPU tweaks (see GitHub)
- Dynamic FSync
- Intellithermal v2
- Added LCD notifier driver
- Enabled quick wakeup
- NOATIME and NODIRATIME as default
- NEON kernel mode
- Ex-FAT support
- SE Linux tweaks
- USB Fast Charge v2
- Random / entropy tweaks
- CPU Governors :-
intelimm, intellidemand, intelliactive, smartmax, pegasusq, conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, performance, interactive, alucard, impulse, ondemandplus, wheatley, yankactive, nightmare, HYPER, darkness, zzmoove.
- CPU Hotplugs :-
Intelliplug, Alucard Hotplug, MSM Hotplug, mp-decision, Bricked Hotplug.
- GPU Governors :-
msm-cpuferq, msm-adreno-tz, userspace, powersave, performance, simple_ondemand.
- IO Schedulers :-
fiops, vr, zen, sio, bfq, cfq, row, deadline, noop, tripndroid.
- TCP Congestions :-
westwood, cubic, reno, hstcp, hybla, vegas, veno, scalable, lp, yeah, illinois, hctp, advanced, highspeed.
- Initial Build
- Add Kexec Hardboot
- Add Stereo Call recording support
- Increase Torch power to 20mA
- Enable Slimbus overclocking for superior audio quality
- Force SELinux Permissive
- Add Custom Vibrator Intensity
- Remove Power Torch inc by 20ma
- Remove SELinux always Permissive
- Remove custom vibrator support
- Add KCAL v2
- Add Intelliplug
- Add NVIDEA Patches
- Add psx2usb
- Add Frandom
- Add Custom Vibrator
- Increase Torch Power
- Add many IO Schedulers
- Enabled Pipe flags
- Many other optimizations.....
- Add many CPU Governers
- Add many TCP Congestions
- Add Intellithermal v2
- Add support to use device as USB Keyboard/Mouse
- Enable KSM
- Add Graphite Flags
- Optimize PEWqs system-wide
- Add Powersuspend
- Add Dynamic FSync
- Revamped spinlock ASM code
- Set readahead to 256
- Set mc_power savings to 2
- Optimize sfck compression
- Enable Headset in HPP
- Many other optimizations.....
- Add MSM-Hotplug
- Add new CPU Gov :- alucard
- Disable gentle fair sleepers
- Enable arch power
- Cleaned up some dead code
- Other CPU optimizations.....
- SE Linux tweaks
- Enable UNALIGNED_ACCESS
- Time & clock tweaks
- Entropy tweaks
- Disable crc check for 30% extra performance in IO
- Many-many more tweaks......check my github commits for full changelog
- Fix Kexec Hardboot
- MSM Hotplug tweaks
- Add exFAT support
- New GPU Governor added : conservative
- Added lcd_notifier
- Many GPU tweaks
- Added 8 new cpu govs : impulse, ondemandplus, wheatley, yankactive, nightmare, HYPER, darkness, zzmoove.
- Low latency for superior audio
- Other tweaks and changes.
- Updated with latest Motorola's sources
- CPU UC to 96MHz
- GPU OC to 533MHz & UC to 100MHz
- Overclock RAM to 566 MHz
- Enable kernel_neon mode
- Add strict_aliasing & modulo_sched flags
- msm kgsl tweaks
- msm:ultrasound tweaks
- msm:vibrator handle out of range properly
- qdspv2 tweaks
- CHROMIUM:fix calculation of dirty memory
- Use power eff. wqs. for bam_dmux
- And many more...(see GitHub)
- Add Alucard Hotplug
- Add Bricked Hotplug
- Update zzmoove to v1.0_beta-8
- Merged latest Moto source updates
Thia feature is ONLY available on v2.0, v2.1 and from v3.2 onwards.
i . e . from v2.2 to v3.1 DOES NOT support Multiboot. Trying out these versions with multirom will result in unexpected behaviour.
(do not mirror my links)
- Reboot into recovery.
- Make a nandroid BackUp.
- Select Install zip from SD Card.
- Select the Downloaded zip.
- Then Reboot to System.
KNOWN ISSUES :-
Battery shows charging even on disconnection of the charger.
This issue, as I have noticed is caused due to enabling of USB fast charge. I noticed this on few cm roms too. After having charged, disconnect the charger, disable USB fast charge, reconnect charger and disconnect again. This should solve the issue. You can re-enable fast charge again !
ELSE :- You can also try this great fix suggested by @wernerml.
RECOMMENDED SETTINGS :-
See Post #2.
BUG REPORTS :-
While submitting a bug report be sure of mentioning the following things :-
- Kernel Version
- Whether using Xposed or not
- A Logcat
- Preferably a screenshot
RECOMMENDED APPS FOR KERNEL TWEAKING :-
- Kernel Adiutor
- Faux123 Kernel Enhancement Pro
- Trickster Mod
I would specially like to thank @Thecrazyskull for his extended support in development of this kernel.
Others whose help I took :-
~~Motorola for kernel sources
~~Luk & Luca -for various fixes
~~Thecrazyskull DC07 & PizzaDox -for cherry-picks
Please don't start a war here if I forgot to mention someone. PM me and I will add him.
StellarKernel, Kernel for the Moto G 2014
Source Code: https://github.com/zakee94/stellar_msm8226
Kernel Special Features: Kexec, Intelliplug, KCAL, Faux Sound, USB Fast Charge, Intellithermal, D2W/S2W
Current Stable Version: 5.2
Stable Release Date: 2015-09-06
Last Updated 2015-09-06