[FIX] WhatsApp calls(And other voip services)

Search This thread

pradeeprp

May 12, 2016
whatsapp call and voice note not working

im using sony x8 android 2.1 unroot . whatsapp call and voice note not working for last month only . i dono why and i try all the options u mentioned in this thread . Nothing happens plsss any help

cherry316316

May 21, 2013
Hello guys! I finally solved the problem. i edited the file "audio_policy.conf" in "/system/etc" like this:

then I saved (needs root), and rebooted. Now whatsapp's calls work perfectly and with a very good sound quality.
bye!

what changes you did to your audio_policy.conf?
its hard to go through so many lines and figure out what was the actual change.
thanks

.lmc.

Feb 8, 2011
what changes you did to your audio_policy.conf?
its hard to go through so many lines and figure out what was the actual change.
thanks

It worked for me.
Added missing
Code:
voipout {
        sampling_rates 8000|8000
        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_MONO| AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_MONO
        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_AMR_NB|AUDIO_ FORMAT_AMR_WB|AUDIO_FORMAT_QCELP|AUDIO_FORMAT_EVRC |AUDIO_FORMAT_EVRCB|AUDIO_FORMAT_EVRCWB
        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_DGTL_DOCK_HEADSET
        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_VOIP_RX
      }

Still having a problem. Audio only comes from speaker and not ear peace... trying to solve it.

brittown

Mar 16, 2011
Hi there, I recently fixed this problem wherein whenever I placed a call, through WhatsApp, Hike, Razer, etc., the person on the receiving end would not be able to hear me however if they called me, I could hear them perfectly. After some research on this problem, I found a solution which worked perfectly for me (I'm currently running CM11 latest build).

So first things first, install ES File Explorer or any other root explorer(I used CM's file explorer for this)
1. Browse to /system/
2. open build.prop with an editor
3. Search for two lines:
use.dedicated.device.for.voip=true
use.voice.path.for.pcm.voip=true

4. Change both of the above to ' =false '
5. It should now work :)
6. Don't forget to reboot!

For me, personally, by changing the 1st one to false worked for Hike, but for WhatsApp I had to change the second one to false also.

hello there, I cannot find the "use.dedicated.device.for.voip=true" line. Do I need to add it in that section or I can pass that part and directly edit the second one?

ysf_00

Jun 13, 2017
hi

ı use note 2 n7100 and i look for so many times these lines but it doesn't exist.
can you help ?

tms1461

Mar 28, 2018
I cant save the following error message shows
Error occurred when trying to save the file. It will not be saved
How to save?

lor.lucignano

May 21, 2018
Hi there, I recently fixed this problem wherein whenever I placed a call, through WhatsApp, Hike, Razer, etc., the person on the receiving end would not be able to hear me however if they called me, I could hear them perfectly. After some research on this problem, I found a solution which worked perfectly for me (I'm currently running CM11 latest build).

So first things first, install ES File Explorer or any other root explorer(I used CM's file explorer for this)
1. Browse to /system/
3. Search for two lines:

For me, personally, by changing the 1st one to false worked for Hike, but for WhatsApp I had to change the second one to false also.

This helped me with Whatsapp mic issue on Samsung S5 + LineageOS v14 klte, but it worked only after removing completely the app. Thanks

4NIZIO

Jul 4, 2018
my file don't have these lines I'm using a modded lineage 13.0 rom for SM-j320f on my j320M

MegaForce_2020

Jul 16, 2020
Help WhatsApp

hello I have a problem in WhatsApp when making a video call I can see the other person but the other person does not see me because they only see dark but when making a video call by Messenger if she sees me and I also see her

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Browse to /system/
    3. Search for two lines:

Couldnt find the lines

Well and what if i cannot find any of those 2 lines?
    i ma using Cm12.1 for my Galaxy S2 i9100
    Well and what if i cannot find any of those 2 lines?
    i ma using Cm12.1 for my Galaxy S2 i9100
    I too am on CM12.1 and like the previous user had said, there is
    use.voice.path.for.pcm.voip
    If there isn't try flashing another ROM maybe? Or search for similar lines and try changing them to false.
    On Hyperdrive-os5.1 edited so.
    use.voice.path.for.pcm.voip false
    Work well thank you.
    I too am on CM12.1 and like the previous user had said, there is
    use.voice.path.for.pcm.voip
    If there isn't try flashing another ROM maybe? Or search for similar lines and try changing them to false.

No there isnt even that line....annnd i guess im fine with my current ROM i dnt want to flash another thnk u ^-^