FORUMS

[ROM]KITKAT][4.4.4][XT1068] Stock Android 4.4.4 Easy Installer

688 posts
Thanks Meter: 436

By reefuge, Senior Member on 24th December 2014, 08:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
If your XT1068 is the later version (came from factory with 5.0.2 -it has toshiba front cam) Kitkat will work BUT you will LOSE use of front cam as kitkat has no drivers for this

4.4.4 KITKAT XT1068 Easy Installer

Simple quick Installer of firmware via fastboot
the 4.4.4 Retaildsdsall (GLOBAL) firmware
YES IT CONVERTS UK (GB) PHONES
this is STOCK firmware with no mods,
So Will receive ALL Future OTA updates
and installs over ANY version of 4.4.4 /5.0.x / Custom Rom
(does not check - just flashes regardless of version)
by Auto Restore Script

Requires Windows 7/8/10 to run script

WARNING READ THIS!

MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF PHONE

via play and TWRP or your favorite method. DO NOT SAVE TO PHONE save to pc and a flash drive
(2 copies - cover yourself)

Try to have Battery over 70% charged - 50% OK under 30% DANGER

This flashes back STOCK UNTOUCHED files inc, GPT, modem, boot, recovery, bootloader, system etc etc (basically only your external SD card is left alone!!)

CLEAN FLASH ONLY, so do a
Full factory Reset / wipe required before installation
from phone backup & reset in settings
YOU can HANG / KILL your phone if IGNORED

-- USE @ OWN RISK --

DOWNLOAD

Kitkat 4.4.4
.14 .23 .27 versions (global) + UK (GB) .23 + DE (German) .14
stock firmware + installer AIO
+ INSTRUCTIONS

Download and save to PC / laptop / desktop - DO NOT save the Download to phone or SD Card

A) Firmware KXB21.85.14 (earliest version) https://mega.co.nz/#!mo8wnRJI!APkjY2...CzgTQjQf1t-MHQ

B) Firmware KXB21.85.23 (DSDS ALL) https://mega.co.nz/#!Kkc31L4A!JLtksS...bPgEF2gnkDF_TI

C) Firmware KXB21.85.27 (latest version) https://mega.co.nz/#!CltVzboY!etSjBH...7gkfXRMI7WYPJQ

D) Firmware KXB21.85.23 - GB Region (UK) https://mega.nz/#!yotQhYjK!w0FcxKw1s...so8Fa5BihW2Z3k

E) Firmware KXB21.85.14 - DE Region (Germany) https://mega.co.nz/#!T10zkTrR!yBTSeS...ZoKv_XYqdBj9yU

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.png
Views:	18528
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	3080373   Click image for larger version

Name:	015.png
Views:	18100
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	3080396   Click image for larger version

Name:	016.png
Views:	18130
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	3080408  
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to reefuge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reefuge Ad-Free
24th December 2014, 08:51 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich

More
V 1.0 Retired

V2.0

Simplified Install method, zip now includes instructions, drivers and all required ADB files
no longer needs USB debugging as done via AP Fastboot flash mode

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	motog2.jpg
Views:	1332
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	3147769  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reefuge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reefuge Ad-Free
24th December 2014, 10:38 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich

More
Question FAQ's
Q1): What exactly is this?

STOCK motorola firmware files, with a added auto restore script, Adb and fastboot, to allow a easy installation.

Q2): What model phone does this work for?

XT1068 , Various Retaildsds firmware, confirmed working on UK (GB), Indian and EU phones NOT for Brazilian XT1068

Q3): What version is this ?

4.4.4 KITKAT version .14 .23 .27 and UK (GB) .23

Q4): Why Must I factory reset /wipe phone?

Simply because your phone will Hang if downgrading, be sluggish and other problems..... if you can flash firmware - you can make back up 1st and reload all you apps and data - Do it right 1st time
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reefuge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reefuge Ad-Free
26th December 2014, 10:36 AM |#4  
Flag Orbetello
Thanks Meter: 7

More
thanks for this.....i'll try your tools later, now i'm not able to use pc!!!
27th December 2014, 12:51 PM |#5  
Will this restore the Indian Version to stock as well?
If so can I use the all earliest firmware that you have provided or should I download one specific to my region?
27th December 2014, 01:22 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunpaliath

Will this restore the Indian Version to stock as well?
If so can I use the all earliest firmware that you have provided or should I download one specific to my region?

A and B should work on ANY XT1068 as it's a Retail for ALL Dual sim, (it may or may not have certain languages) but if you can find your original firmware it's a easy job to add the automated script
The Following User Says Thank You to reefuge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift reefuge Ad-Free
28th December 2014, 10:30 AM |#7  
Flag 3rd rock from the sun
Thanks Meter: 28

More
My fone came with KXB21.85-23 installed. Noticed big battery drain. Should switch to ART instead of Dalvik?
28th December 2014, 02:39 PM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefuge

A and B should work on ANY XT1068 as it's a Retail for ALL Dual sim, (it may or may not have certain languages) but if you can find your original firmware it's a easy job to add the automated script

Thank you. Was able to find my original firmware and restore to stock.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arjunpaliath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arjunpaliath Ad-Free
28th December 2014, 07:30 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexton270

My fone came with KXB21.85-23 installed. Noticed big battery drain. Should switch to ART instead of Dalvik?

I'm just leaving mine as is till lollipop comes out as OTA for XT1068
29th December 2014, 05:58 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Wait, wouldn't the boot loader message modified prevent this roms from getting otas since it's a change to a file system?
29th December 2014, 06:41 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagass

Wait, wouldn't the boot loader message modified prevent this roms from getting otas since it's a change to a file system?

I dont think so as you can still download OTA with modified Roms, but you need Stock recovery to install - but if it worries you edit the .bat script to remove the line with logo2.bin in it near end of script.
if we cant OTA install, but have a OTA zip of Lollipop we can modify it and just flash it via mfastboot method anyway
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)