[ROM]KITKAT][4.4.4][XT1068] Stock Android 4.4.4 Easy Installer

Search This thread

reefuge

Jan 23, 2011
Norwich
www.aquacaves.uk
If your XT1068 is the later version (came from factory with 5.0.2 -it has toshiba front cam) Kitkat will work BUT you will LOSE use of front cam as kitkat has no drivers for this

4.4.4 KITKAT XT1068 Easy Installer

Simple quick Installer of firmware via fastboot
the 4.4.4 Retaildsdsall (GLOBAL) firmware
YES IT CONVERTS UK (GB) PHONES
this is STOCK firmware with no mods,
So Will receive ALL Future OTA updates
and installs over ANY version of 4.4.4 /5.0.x / Custom Rom
(does not check - just flashes regardless of version)
by Auto Restore Script

Requires Windows 7/8/10 to run script

WARNING READ THIS!

MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF PHONE

via play and TWRP or your favorite method. DO NOT SAVE TO PHONE save to pc and a flash drive
(2 copies - cover yourself)

Try to have Battery over 70% charged - 50% OK under 30% DANGER

This flashes back STOCK UNTOUCHED files inc, GPT, modem, boot, recovery, bootloader, system etc etc (basically only your external SD card is left alone!!)

CLEAN FLASH ONLY, so do a
Full factory Reset / wipe required before installation
from phone backup & reset in settings
YOU can HANG / KILL your phone if IGNORED

-- USE @ OWN RISK --

DOWNLOAD

Kitkat 4.4.4
.14 .23 .27 versions (global) + UK (GB) .23 + DE (German) .14
stock firmware + installer AIO
+ INSTRUCTIONS

Download and save to PC / laptop / desktop - DO NOT save the Download to phone or SD Card​

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 18,610
  • 015.png
    015.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 18,184
  • 016.png
    016.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 18,213
Last edited:

reefuge

Jan 23, 2011
Norwich
www.aquacaves.uk
FAQ's

Q1): What exactly is this?

STOCK motorola firmware files, with a added auto restore script, Adb and fastboot, to allow a easy installation.

Q2): What model phone does this work for?

XT1068 , Various Retaildsds firmware, confirmed working on UK (GB), Indian and EU phones NOT for Brazilian XT1068

Q3): What version is this ?

4.4.4 KITKAT version .14 .23 .27 and UK (GB) .23

Q4): Why Must I factory reset /wipe phone?

Simply because your phone will Hang if downgrading, be sluggish and other problems..... if you can flash firmware - you can make back up 1st and reload all you apps and data - Do it right 1st time

Last edited:

arjunpaliath

Jun 23, 2012
Chennai
Will this restore the Indian Version to stock as well?
If so can I use the all earliest firmware that you have provided or should I download one specific to my region?

reefuge

Jan 23, 2011
Norwich
www.aquacaves.uk
Will this restore the Indian Version to stock as well?
If so can I use the all earliest firmware that you have provided or should I download one specific to my region?

A and B should work on ANY XT1068 as it's a Retail for ALL Dual sim, (it may or may not have certain languages) but if you can find your original firmware it's a easy job to add the automated script

Reactions: arjunpaliath

Nagass

Aug 9, 2011
Wait, wouldn't the boot loader message modified prevent this roms from getting otas since it's a change to a file system?

reefuge

Jan 23, 2011
Norwich
www.aquacaves.uk
Wait, wouldn't the boot loader message modified prevent this roms from getting otas since it's a change to a file system?
I dont think so as you can still download OTA with modified Roms, but you need Stock recovery to install - but if it worries you edit the .bat script to remove the line with logo2.bin in it near end of script.
if we cant OTA install, but have a OTA zip of Lollipop we can modify it and just flash it via mfastboot method anyway

Last edited:

Nagass

Aug 9, 2011
I dont think so as you can still download OTA with modified Roms, but you need Stock recovery to install - but if it worries you edit the .bat script to remove the line with logo2.bin in it near end of script.
if we cant OTA install, but have a OTA zip of Lollipop we can modify it and just flash it via mfastboot method anyway

I don't know, I'm quite new to Motorola phones but I read in this forum more than once that for OTA updates (atleast for the lollipop one) you must have a completely stock rom, even a frozen system app would make the update fail to install.

reefuge

Jan 23, 2011
Norwich
www.aquacaves.uk
I don't know, I'm quite new to Motorola phones but I read in this forum more than once that for OTA updates (atleast for the lollipop one) you must have a completely stock rom, even a frozen system app would make the update fail to install.

I have run 4.4.4 versions .14 .23 and .27 on my xt1068 as well as modded xt1064 5.0 and modded xt1069 5.0.1 , so worst case is All I will be able to run is modded roms, but i'm 99.99% sure that if you have the correct OTA for you Android version on phone there will be a way to upgrade.

Nagass

Aug 9, 2011
I have run 4.4.4 versions .14 .23 and .27 on my xt1068 as well as modded xt1064 5.0 and modded xt1069 5.0.1 , so worst case is All I will be able to run is modded roms, but i'm 99.99% sure that if you have the correct OTA for you Android version on phone there will be a way to upgrade.

Well anyway I just saved all of your packages just in case I'll ever need to restore my UK XT1068 back to stock.
I still have bootloader locked and everything as it came out of the box waiting for 5.0 OTA (of course I'll try to get the link and post it on XDA :p)

Reactions: reefuge

nitsos

Sep 24, 2009
Athens
hi ,

when I tried to return to stock through bat file , when was the time to writing partition , it says <bootloader>Preflash validation failed .

Has anyone idea why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your XT1068 is the later version (came from factory with 5.0.2 -it has toshiba front cam) Kitkat will work BUT you will LOSE use of front cam as kitkat has no drivers for this

4.4.4 KITKAT XT1068 Easy Installer

Simple quick Installer of firmware via fastboot
    the 4.4.4 Retaildsdsall (GLOBAL) firmware
    YES IT CONVERTS UK (GB) PHONES
    this is STOCK firmware with no mods,
    So Will receive ALL Future OTA updates
    and installs over ANY version of 4.4.4 /5.0.x / Custom Rom
    (does not check - just flashes regardless of version)
    by Auto Restore Script

Requires Windows 7/8/10 to run script

WARNING READ THIS!

MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF PHONE

via play and TWRP or your favorite method. DO NOT SAVE TO PHONE save to pc and a flash drive
    (2 copies - cover yourself)

Try to have Battery over 70% charged - 50% OK under 30% DANGER

This flashes back STOCK UNTOUCHED files inc, GPT, modem, boot, recovery, bootloader, system etc etc (basically only your external SD card is left alone!!)

CLEAN FLASH ONLY, so do a
    Full factory Reset / wipe required before installation
    from phone backup & reset in settings
    YOU can HANG / KILL your phone if IGNORED

-- USE @ OWN RISK --

DOWNLOAD

Kitkat 4.4.4
    .14 .23 .27 versions (global) + UK (GB) .23 + DE (German) .14
    stock firmware + installer AIO
    + INSTRUCTIONS

Download and save to PC / laptop / desktop - DO NOT save the Download to phone or SD Card​

V 1.0 Retired

V2.0

Simplified Install method, zip now includes instructions, drivers and all required ADB files
    no longer needs USB debugging as done via AP Fastboot flash mode

FAQ's

Q1): What exactly is this?

STOCK motorola firmware files, with a added auto restore script, Adb and fastboot, to allow a easy installation.

Q2): What model phone does this work for?

XT1068 , Various Retaildsds firmware, confirmed working on UK (GB), Indian and EU phones NOT for Brazilian XT1068

Q3): What version is this ?

4.4.4 KITKAT version .14 .23 .27 and UK (GB) .23

Q4): Why Must I factory reset /wipe phone?

Simply because your phone will Hang if downgrading, be sluggish and other problems..... if you can flash firmware - you can make back up 1st and reload all you apps and data - Do it right 1st time
    Lollipop 5.0.2 for XT1068 uploaded

Lollipop is uploaded see firmware 'E' #1 post
    A and B should work on ANY XT1068 as it's a Retail for ALL Dual sim, (it may or may not have certain languages) but if you can find your original firmware it's a easy job to add the automated script
    Thank you. Was able to find my original firmware and restore to stock.