FORUMS

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][THEA][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 - Security Patch Level: 2019.03.05

1,326 posts
Thanks Meter: 626

By gothicVI, Senior Member on 26th September 2018, 08:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or the current
 * economic crisis caused by you following these directions. YOU are choosing to make these
 * modificiations, and if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
 * laugh at you.
 */

IMPORTANT NOTE:
I'm not a developer in the actual sense. I'm just compiling this ROM according to T H I S manual. I'm not able - due to time constrains - to actually alter code or provide bugfixes. This is done by the active developers or by you!
Furthermore, I try to build on a daily basis but I can not promise daily builds. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy the effort I put into this and are able to benefit from it.
This project is designed to stop, once there are official builds for our device available H E R E.

What's working:
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • Camera (Photos)
  • Magisk

What should be working:
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data) - and it most likely never will except if @LuK1337 shares his code...

Not tested:
  • Bluetooth
  • Video Playback
  • Audio (Record)
  • Audio (Playback)
  • Sensors
  • XposedFramework

Instructions:
  • Download build and gapps (if wanted)
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recommended)
  • Flash build (and gapps, Magisk, etc.)
  • Reboot

Downloads:
Credits:
Source Code:
Created: 2017-01-30

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][THEA][8.1] LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Moto G 2014 LTE

Contributors
gothicVI
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-09-26
Last Updated 2019-03-16
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gothicVI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gothicVI Ad-Free
28th September 2018, 03:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
The ROM is very fast, but whitout RIL (Calls, SMS, Data) i cant use :/ i will waiting for neo updates. thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddy Stark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eddy Stark Ad-Free
28th September 2018, 06:51 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Stark

The ROM is very fast, but whitout RIL (Calls, SMS, Data) i cant use :/ i will waiting for neo updates. thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I was unable to test that myself. So your sim card was not detected?
Is there a device tree with working ril I could eventually pick from?

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) Plus mit Tapatalk
29th September 2018, 09:54 AM |#4  
Hessenland
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I can confirm the lack of RIL. The Oreo Version of Luke1337 had it. I am not sure however if his github provides for a chance to pick something...
29th September 2018, 02:55 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorca

I can confirm the lack of RIL. The Oreo Version of Luke1337 had it. I am not sure however if his github provides for a chance to pick something...

Me too.
29th September 2018, 07:09 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorca

I know. Sadly it doesn't. He never published the code. I also asked in his thread for him to make it available.
For the time I fear there's no obvious solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to gothicVI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gothicVI Ad-Free
6th October 2018, 06:04 PM |#7  

More
I saw that you posted a new build, did it come with the fix on the ril? Can someone tell me? I really want to use a rom with oreo.
6th October 2018, 07:08 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Stark

I saw that you posted a new build, did it come with the fix on the ril? Can someone tell me? I really want to use a rom with oreo.

I fear not. Sadly our original maintainers never answered me. Thus I am not sure if we're going to see a fully working oreo ROM for thea...

The Following User Says Thank You to gothicVI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gothicVI Ad-Free
21st October 2018, 10:44 PM |#9  
Flag Talca
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Well done! It seems like you finally got a bootable build. And you synced the latest security patches too. Thanks for continuing our work because I can no longer develop for this device because I sold it and I no longer have time to do it because of the pressure of late senior high school. I hope LuK answers and you get a working RIL someday, or perhaps you can even port Pie.

If you check Titan device trees you will notice that there are only minor differences between the files so you could try and port Pie as a more advanced project...you can borrow most shims from Titan but wouldn't be too stable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wattsensi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wattsensi Ad-Free
4th December 2018, 08:33 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich

More
@Eddy Stark @mallorca @Mauro.coupe @Wattsensi I tried a different approach. Could you test the following build for working RIL, please:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...63190603866261
4th December 2018, 10:28 PM |#11  
Hessenland
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I am abroad. Will return Thursday and immediately test it. Thanks for not giving up!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)