This is a port of Sailfish OS to the Motorola G 2014 LTE (aka thea). If you are looking for Sailfish OS for the regular Motorola G 2014 (aka titan) look here Sailfish OS for titan
Sailfish OS Version 2.x (work in progress)
Beta 8: sailfishos-thea-release-18.104.22.168-guhl171102.zip (current)
Beta 7: sailfishos-thea-release-22.214.171.124-guhl_170604.zip (old)
Beta 6: sailfishos-thea-release-126.96.36.199-guhl170218_obs.zip (old)
Beta 5: sailfishos-thea-release-188.8.131.52-guhl170214_obs.zip (old)
Beta 4: sailfishos-thea-release-184.108.40.206-guhl170209_obs.zip (old)
Beta 3: sailfishos-thea-release-220.127.116.11-guhl170205_obs.zip (old)
Beta 2: sailfishos-thea-release-18.104.22.168-guhl170122.zip (old)
Beta 1: sailfishos-thea-release-22.214.171.124-guhl170117.zip (old)
Remark: The installation of the correct CM (12.1 for SF 2.x) image is only necessary once. So if you already did this the first time you can skip steps 2 and 4.2
1. Boot into your custom Android Recovery and make sure that the sdcard is mounted
2. Upload the CM release: adb push cm-12.1-20151117-SNAPSHOT-YOG7DAO1K5-thea.zip /sdcard1/
3. Upload Sailfish OS: adb push sailfishos-thea-release-126.96.36.199-guhl171102.zip /sdcard1/
4. In the Recovery on the device:
4.1. Clear data and cache (factory reset)
4.2. Install the CM release by picking the CM image (this is needed so that the correct version of the binary libraries and firmware files are in place)
4.3. Install Sailfish OS by picking the SFOS image (this will take quite some time)
5. Reboot the device
After the initial boot (that will take some time) the language selection and initial setup will show.
After that it will take a while and then the Jolla tutorial should come up. You can skip the tutorial if you want by clicking the corners of the screen in the following sequence: Top-Left, Top-Right, Bottom-Right, Bottom-Left.
- Recorded-Video playback: Works but uses a nasty hack that might have stability and security effects.
Known not to work
- There is an issue switching from video-playback to camera. Sometimes the camera app hangs afterwards -> reboot.
- updated to version 188.8.131.52 (complete rebuild and code cleanup)
- fixed screen startup on reboot (aka lipstick-hack) -> stable reboots
- probably the best and most stable build up to now.
- updated to version 184.108.40.206 (fixes also USB "Alwas ask" mode)
- fixed sdcard mounting
- Proper fix to sensorfw accepted upstream -> removed sensor hack
- Fixed camera startup and video recording. Works on first start now and does not crash on restart
- Hack to make playback of recorded video work.
- Fixed acceleration and rotation sensor
- improved video recording - still not working properly
- Fixed and added FM-Radio
- added Mozilla Location Service as location provider
- built on mer OBS - preparation for OTA updates in the future
- Added Bluetooth
- Initial release of Beta 1
mal, sledges, MisterMagister - et al. from the #sailfish-porters IRC channel on freenode
These guys are doing amazing work and their competence and readiness to help is really inspiring.
Without their support this would not have been possible!
Have fun - Guhl