FORUMS

Rooting and TWRP Moto G 2015 LTE - XT1078 / XT1072

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 57

By sighted, Member on 18th April 2015, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Original post at XDA Forum -http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t1078-t3086069

Xt1072 root confirmed by jamespat93 - Txs for all the testing!

* Atention: This post is under construction, the "more detailed, noobie-friendly" version will come eventually *
Just face this journey if you do have a considerable knowledge of Android

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards following these directions.
YOU are choosing to make these modifications on your device. I absolutely disclaim any responsibility.

About

STEP 1 - You DO NEED to get your bootloader unlock
Pre procedure: enable developers options and allow bootloader unlock

Developers

Noobie corner 1: Activating Developer Options -- Once you’ve found the Build number section of the settings, tap on the section 7 times. After two taps, a small pop up notification should appear saying "you are now X steps away from being a developer" with a number that counts down with every additional tap.

OEM unlock

Noobie corner 2: How to Enter Fastboot Mode on Moto G
Step 1 - Turn OFF your Moto G.
Step 2 - Press and hold the Volume Down button along with the Power Button for 4-7 seconds. Release them.
Step 3 - The phone will display the following screen. This is your Fastboot screen, you can now connect your phone to your PC and access it via the Fastboot tool.

Now, take your time at https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-your-device-a and unlock your bootloader

Only get back here when your bootloader is unlocked
Ok, now that you've unlocked your XT1078, its time to Inject a Custom Recovery:

Download this TWRP .img file.
https://app.box.com/s/hsqphx3pfsp3f1h18t3220nzfklpzgty
Rename it to recovery.img

Noobie corner 3: Acces Fastboot through ADB - Once in Fastboot Mode (see Noobie corner 2) , conect your smartphone to your PC. On your ADB folder on your PC, press Shift + Mouse Right and select Open Command Prompt here. Now, just type your ADB commands.

When you unlocked your bootloader, you've learned how to use the ADB

Place the .img file in the same directory of the ADB files, get your XT1078/XT1072 into fastboot mode and within ADB, type

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
On the smartphone, with volume down go to recovery option and select it (with volume up)
reboot system directly from TWRP

Now, you have the TWRP recovery (once you get your smartphone into Fastboot > recovery (volume up to select)

TWRP

Ok. Now to the latest step : Installing Super SU.

Download Chainfire's Super Su at his site. (remember to buy this guy a beer. We'd be nowhere without his active contribution)
http://download.chainfire.eu/695/Sup...erSU-v2.45.zip

Place the .Zip file on your smartphone and install it via TWRP.

Reboot and you'll have XT1078 / XT1072 with root privileges!

Congrats! And don't forget to thank...
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to sighted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sighted Ad-Free
18th April 2015, 03:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thanks, does this work for xt1072 aswell? also are there any roms actually available for Moto G 2015 LTE yet? Can't seem to find any.
18th April 2015, 03:49 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Sorocaba SP

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespat93

Thanks, does this work for xt1072 aswell? also are there any roms actually available for Moto G 2015 LTE yet? Can't seem to find any.

The key to the whole process is the twrp .img file, which by the way was the hardest to find. If the flash of the .img is accepted, then you got it. No problems in trying, if it's not suitable for your version, the initial chech at flashing will detect the alien Fw and will abort without flashing.
Good luck and remember to report your success here, so we can help others.
19th April 2015, 03:15 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks! Good job! Have a nice day!
Realized unlocking the bootloader and managed to install TWRP normally, but when I flash the SuperSU, usually works well, however, after the cell start, click on the SuperSu APP and says there is no installed binaries and what it takes to install manually . (I've done it when fleshei, tried again and also did not yield, I downloaded the link of the file you desponibilizou). Detail: I wiped cache / dalvik / data
I need to root, because i want install the Xposed
But, i want too a CM rom, original firmware is so bad
19th April 2015, 05:50 PM |#5  

More
[QUOTE=sighted;60193317] Rooting XT1078 - Original post at XDA Forum -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t1078-t3086069

using this version , I got rootear; UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.45
link to download: http://download.chainfire.eu/695/Sup...erSU-v2.45.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to drumond1995 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drumond1995 Ad-Free
20th April 2015, 03:41 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Sorocaba SP

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumond1995

using this version , I got rootear; UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.45
link to download: http://download.chainfire.eu/695/Sup...erSU-v2.45.zip

Nice... I'll be updating the post with your link. Txs
20th April 2015, 03:43 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Sorocaba SP

More
Quote:

Realized unlocking the bootloader and managed to install TWRP normally, but when I flash the SuperSU, usually works well, however, after the cell start, click on the SuperSu APP and says there is no installed binaries and what it takes to install manually . (I've done it when fleshei, tried again and also did not yield, I downloaded the link of the file you desponibilizou). Detail: I wiped cache / dalvik / data
I need to root, because i want install the Xposed
But, i want too a CM rom, original firmware is so bad

Try the SuperSu update, already in the OP (edited)
20th April 2015, 12:14 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sighted

Nice... I'll be updating the post with your link. Txs

Ok, i have the 2.8 version of TWRP, i got in my phone CM 12.1 with android 5.1, if u want 2.8 version of TWRP, i can try send.
my phone is XT1078 - 2015 - 4G - Brazil;
Sorry my english =D
20th April 2015, 04:40 PM |#9  
Quote:

Ok, i have the 2.8 version of TWRP, i got in my phone CM 12.1 with android 5.1, if u want 2.8 version of TWRP, i can try send.
my phone is XT1078 - 2015 - 4G - Brazil;
Sorry my english =D

keep my files private until I get my device xD
20th April 2015, 05:12 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Sorocaba SP

More
Drumond1995, where have you found a CM ROM for the xt1078?

Edit: You've just published it on Android Original development. Txs for you and all the devs involved!
21st April 2015, 02:24 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuK1337

keep my files private until I get my device xD

Sorry, I left a message on chat xD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)