[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][THEA][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 [UNIFIED]

Search This thread

tom77420

Oct 22, 2016
Hi, is this :

What's not working :

* Video recording

* SELinux is permissive

Still actual ? Because is saw that's not the case for lineage 15 on titan and they are much than close.
So, I am wondering why It's not working on thea, even though a lot of time has passed since lineage 15 was released for thea.
Also is lineage 15 smooth on thea ? Because sometimes with lineage 14 It's already not always very smooth...

Best Regards,
Tom

Sent from my Moto G 2014 LTE using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Frankas

Feb 23, 2017
I'm getting "Updater process ended with ERROR: 7". And my device is "thea"... Am I the only one with this error?

Frankas

Feb 23, 2017
Read the message above it :^)

Patching system image unconditionally...
E1001: Failed to update system image.
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/Download/lineage-15.0-20171204_160127-UNOFFICIAL-thea.zip'
Updating partition details...
...done

Frankas

Feb 23, 2017
I think my /system partition is broken or something.. I can't flash any ROM, even with fastboot I get an error when flashing system, saying that "Image is too large", even when trying to flash the stock rom.

Unfortunately I didn't make a system backup in TWRP, but probably it wouldn't make any difference.

marchelius

Jun 13, 2008
3-CITY
I think my /system partition is broken or something.. I can't flash any ROM, even with fastboot I get an error when flashing system, saying that "Image is too large", even when trying to flash the stock rom ..

Try reflash TWRP v3.1.1-0 back - maybe newest TWRP is a problem source ??
After that wipe everything and try to flash latest LOS 14.1.

LOS15 works OK but is slower than 14.1

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
[ cool stuff ]
I just released 8.1 builds on my AFH.
You can find them here ~ https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=234260

Here comes the cool part, this time I released two builds so that you can choose which build config should I use from now on. Here's the poll ~ http://www.strawpoll.me/14581651
* lineage-15.1-20171209_150948-UNOFFICIAL-thea.zip -> Regular config
* lineage-15.1-20171209_155920-UNOFFICIAL-thea.zip -> Android Go config

WienerSchlitz

Apr 12, 2016
[ cool stuff ]
You can find them here ~ androidfilehost . com /?w=files&flid=234260

Here comes the cool part, this time I released two builds so that you can choose which build config should I use from now on. Here's the poll ~ hstrawpoll . me/14581651
* ...Android Go config

Oh! This scares me ****less:
Changes you made to your /etc/hosts file won’t work.

Source: support.google . com/chrome/answer/2392284?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

AFWall and AdAway will be useless.

Last edited:

abmaar

Dec 1, 2017
Amsterdam
Moved my Titan back to daily use on 14.1, now my Thea is the one that is free for playing with Android 8.

Testing the Go version now. Comparing it with the latest 8.0 version of dec 4. (where did lineage-15.1-20171209_150948-UNOFFICIAL-thea.zip -> Regular config go on the Android file host? or am I missing something?)

My impression of the Go version is that it is really snappy. Switching between apps is quick. It looks like there are no big problems. On the other hand, it misses some of the nicer features of Nougat and Oreo. I really like the dual screen/multitask feature and the rolodex-like app list to scroll through. The one in Go with the cards is pretty ugly. And on the regular 8.0 version both features ran just fine, it's not that the G2 shows signs of serious dyspnea, I think it can manage. I will take the tradeoff of a little speed for the nicer interface. So, "regular" for me in the poll. I will still use the Go version for a couple of days and see how it behaves.

Like I posted earlier in the Titan thread (when I had Oreo on our Titan), I still have these observations on the adopted memory in this 8.1 Go build:
- Just like in the regular 8.0 build, the adopted internal memory is formatted internally as ext4, whereas on my Titan device running Nougat (14.1) it is on f2fs, as shown by DiskInfo app. Is there a thought behind that? F2fs may or may not be not a whole lot faster because of the encryption of the adopted memory, but at least it is supposed to reduce the wear on the SD card.
- The Internal memory section of the settings shows the wrong disk size. It looks like there is a 64 GB sd card that is half full, but in reality it is an empty 32 GB card. Everything else works just fine when using the memory, and DiskInfo does show the right size, so it is just a quirk in displaying the memory size.

And I saw saw that this ROM too is not running ZRAM by default. I know that people think different about ZRAM, but all our stock Motos, and Lineage 14.1 have always allocated 250 MB zo ZRAM, and the stock 2 GB Osprey in the house even 500 MB. Again, any thought behind this?

But above all, many thanks for bringing these new builds to our devices! I was really curious what the performance of Android Go would be like on a Moto, now i get to play with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led

What's not working :
    • Video recording
    • SELinux is permissive

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model (XT1063/XT1064/XT1068/XT1069):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    Dual SIM:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Credits :

Donations :
    You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1 For Moto G 2014 LTE, ROM for the Moto G 2014 LTE

Contributors
    LuK1337, luca020400, skaveelicious, Somcom3X, crpalmer, Intervigil
    Source Code: http://github.com/motog2014devteam

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-07
    Last Updated 2018-02-25
    @Mister-v, @LuK1337, and others: I now dismissed the aforementioned last two lines from my local manifest and ran into the first actual issue:
    According to the
    Code:
    device/motorola/thea/BoardConfig.mk
    the recovery partition should be 10526720 which matches the size I get when following the answer here.
    However, the build process fails with recovery.img too large. According to this guide, I uncommented the whole line in order to allow for arbitrary recovery.img sizes during the build process.
    ==> BUILD SUCCESSFULL
    However, final question: Is the recovery image needed? I can't locate it in the final zip which is also mentioned in the above-mentioned guide and thus I assume that should be fine. Can someone confirm that for me, please? If that works out fine and there's interest I'd be willing to provide regular builds of laos 15.1 for our beloved thea.

Thanks ahead!
    What is your--
    Phone model (XT1063/XT1064/XT1068/XT1069): XT1072
    LineageOS version: LineageOS 15.0 (20170914)
    LineageOS Download url: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120762424
    Gapps version: open_gapps-arm-8.0-pico-20170906-UNOFFICIAL

Did you--
    wipe: yes
    restore with titanium backup: no
    reboot after having the issue: yes

Are you using--
    a task killer: no
    a non-stock kernel: no
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock): no
    Dual SIM: no
    other modifications: nothing

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    I flashed 20170914, rebooted and switched off the wifi, so mobile data should get used.

Here is the log, thanks :): https://gist.github.com/mrohnstock/99dfa1b58dd3b2b9627ac2d89a5fd330
    [ cool stuff ]
    You can find them here ~ https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=234260

Here comes the cool part, this time I released two builds so that you can choose which build config should I use from now on. Here's the poll ~ http://www.strawpoll.me/14581651
    * lineage-15.1-20171209_150948-UNOFFICIAL-thea.zip -> Regular config
    * lineage-15.1-20171209_155920-UNOFFICIAL-thea.zip -> Android Go config
    Can someone please post the space wallpaper used for the ROM, love it!

You can find it here:fingers-crossed: