Speakerphone (loudness, clarity)

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Proper etiquette aside (hint: don't use speakerphone while doing your "business" in a public bathroom), rate this thread to express how you think the Moto G Stylus's speakerphone performs. A higher rating indicates that you love it: it's loud and it's clear.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

k198556

Feb 11, 2014
Serious problems with the speaker

I've been using the Moto G Stylus for about one week now and I've been having problems with the speaker. The problem occured a couple times when watching Youtube Videos and I believe that the phone was in Battery Saving mode every time it happened. This sound problem is serious, the youtube videos basically became unwatchable. The sound was maybe comparable to when you are using headphones, but they are not completely plugged in. The problem went away when I actually used headphones.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Could it be that I have a broken device?

dafunk60

Jul 12, 2008
When I first received the phone I thought the speaker audio was off. I did mess around with the Moto Audio app settings & think that caused my problem. I set the Moto Audio to "Smart Audio" and the speaker audio seemed fine afterwards. May not fix the issue you're experiencing but it's easy to try.

k198556

Feb 11, 2014
When I first received the phone I thought the speaker audio was off. I did mess around with the Moto Audio app settings & think that caused my problem. I set the Moto Audio to "Smart Audio" and the speaker audio seemed fine afterwards. May not fix the issue you're experiencing but it's easy to try.

Thanks, will try!