[Kernel][M/N][AOSP/LineageOS/MIUI][Linaro 4.9] KaminariKernel R4 [04 March 2018]

Search This thread
@Kamin4ri, I found on your AFH dev page the R4 version of this kernel, build date January 31, a bit old & not posted here, yet. Thinking of flashing it on my peregrine running RR N 5.8.2, is it safe enough ?
Since you haven't posted it here, I thought it maybe​ an experimental kernel & not stable enough.

Actually, I forgot to post. It's stable. Old, but stable

hbxntsxw

May 7, 2010
Shanghai
Could you please make it support CIFS (Common Internet File Systems) and NFS (Network File System) ? Many Thanks! Happy new year!

Hey, Peregrine folks! Sorry for the one-year-plus absence. But I'm still alive, and I haven't forgotten about you.

So, without further ado, here's release 4! A lot has changed between this one and the last release (R3), I believe. All features which are expected to be found are in the OP. It's exactly the same thing as falcon's R12.

Warning: Pre-2017 ROMs may have issues with the accelerometer due to a kernel driver change. You might want to use a more up-to-date ROM.

Download!

SouthBeatz

Dec 20, 2016
São Paulo
Hey, Peregrine folks! Sorry for the one-year-plus absence. But I'm still alive, and I haven't forgotten about you.

So, without further ado, here's release 4! A lot has changed between this one and the last release (R3), I believe. All features which are expected to be found are in the OP. It's exactly the same thing as falcon's R12.

Warning: Pre-2017 ROMs may have issues with the accelerometer due to a kernel driver change. You might want to use a more up-to-date ROM.

Download!

Hey bro, i just installed your kernel and now i get a boot loop, i did a clean install, the zip was on the root of mine phone internal storage, i'm using the last build from LineageOS 14.1.

Reactions: PenguinDada

natostanco

Mar 5, 2010
is support for 8.1 possible? Trying to decide if I should use AEX oreo or LOS nougat with custom kernel

rintinfinn

Mar 2, 2014
Hello,
I used this kernel before with the identity crisis rom for the motog falcon and it worked great. I have now switched to lineageos (nougat) and would like to give this kernel a try again and see if it improves the battery life of my device.
Would it be possible to integrate wireguard into the kernel in a future release? "Wireguard requires Linux ≥3.10, though, and I don't know which kernel version the falcon runs on. I think it would be awesome to have wireguard support for efficient use of a vpn client on the android.

MaCianz

Dec 13, 2017
Is it just me or R4 does not let me boot phone at all? I'm running los 14.1(unofficial build with august security patches).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KaminariKernel

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"

/*
     * Your warranty is now more void than it already was.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this KERNEL
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will simply grab my popcorn and laugh at you.
     * Tl;dr: if your device crashes and burns, and if that gets you in trouble, it's entirely your fault. [STRIKE]Might be my fault as well, because I'm not a developer, but I don't care. lol[/STRIKE]
     */
    Hey folks!

After being a Falcon exclusive for quite a long time, KaminariKernel's LineageOS edition is now available for Peregrine. Have fun.

Features:
    Sources & Optimizations
    - Based on Lineage's shared falcon/peregrine/titan/thea sources
    - Compiled with Linaro 4.9
    - Optimized ARM RWSEM & Square Root algorithms
    - Kernel-side NEON mode
    - Some miscellaneous armv7 tweaks

Hotplugging Drivers
    - MSM Hotplug

Extra CPU Governors
    - Impulse
    - Smartmax
    - Yankactive
    - Zzmoove

Extra I/O Schedulers
    - Bfq
    - Fiops
    - Sio
    - Vr
    - Zen

Sound
    - Faux's Sound Control
    - Headset High Performance Mode

Screen/GPU
    - Kcal Screen Control
    - Dt2w/s2w
    - Simple GPU Algorithm
    - GPU overclock & underclock (533MHz/100MHz)

Extra Sh*t
    - CPU Overclock (up to 1.6 GHz) (Overclocked version only)
    - USB Fast Charge
    - Disabled gentle fair sleepers
    - Extra TCP Congestion Controllers
    - Fsync enabled by default
    - Kexec-hardboot patch (for multirom compatibility)
    - Power-efficient workqueues

Looking for previous releases?
    Go here.

Flashing & Tweaking Instructions (Follow this very carefully!!!):
    - Place the zip at the root of your phone's internal storage
    - Reboot into recovery
    - Flash the zip
    (Another way: Reboot into recovery without copying the zip, and flash it via adb sideload)
    - Reboot again and have fun!

Coming from another kernel which isn't mine? Don't worry, no need to dirty flash the ROM/kernel anymore. The install script now does all the dirty work for you.

If you wanna tweak stuff, use Kernel Adiutor! (Synapse is NOT supported!)

Want some info on what this kernel offers you?
    Then go here! (Credits to @AssToast for suggesting and to @gsstudios for creating the site!)

"Thank You" Section
    - Motorola/Lenovo
    - Qualcomm/CodeAurora
    - The CyanogenMod team
    - @Flashhhh, his work kinda inspired me to do this
    - @faux123, for Sound Control & Intellithermal
    - @savoca, for Kcal Screen Control
    - @hurtsky, a huge load of cherry-picks came from his sources
    - @YoshiShaPow, for some more stuff
    - Some more fellas whose names I can't remember

XDA:DevDB Information
    KaminariKernel (AOSP/LineageOS, Peregrine), Kernel for the Moto G

Contributors
    Kamin4ri
    Source Code: https://github.com/Kamin4ri/KaminariKernel/

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: R4
    Stable Release Date: 2018-03-04

Created 2016-11-21
    Last Updated 2018-03-04
    Release 3 is now available! This one supports both Marshmallow and Nougat (single zip for both).
    Changes:
    - Synced with latest CM (Lineage) source code
    - Build optimizations from kwoktopus
    - Built with Linaro 6.2

You'll find the download links at the OP.

Download!
    There will be one using R11 (falcon) as a base. Soon.
    @Kamin4ri, I found on your AFH dev page the R4 version of this kernel, build date January 31, a bit old & not posted here, yet. Thinking of flashing it on my peregrine running RR N 5.8.2, is it safe enough ?
    Since you haven't posted it here, I thought it maybe​ an experimental kernel & not stable enough.

Actually, I forgot to post. It's stable. Old, but stable