FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 [PEREGRINE]

470 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,779

Post Reply Email Thread

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Dual-SIM
  • Wi-Fi
  • Camera
  • Video Recording
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • Led
  • Offline Charging

What's not working :
  • Bluetooth
  • SELinux is permissive

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
Phone model:
Lineage version:
Lineage Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
LineageSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
Dual SIM:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
Credits :
Donations :
You don't have to but if you want so...
XDA:DevDB Information
Pie For Peregrine, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
Allstargaurav
Source Code: https://github.com/MotoDevelopment

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-28
Last Updated 2018-08-28
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Allstargaurav For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Allstargaurav Ad-Free

28th August 2018, 05:01 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Allstargaurav For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Allstargaurav Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 05:04 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

Donate to Me
More
NOTE - I have not tested the build cuz I don't own this device.

Let me know if you find any bugs (Device Related) and read OP on how to report bugs
Lineage is still in beta stages so only report bugs if you think they are device related.
Do not ask for any feature request, they will be added in upcoming future builds
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Allstargaurav For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Allstargaurav Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 07:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstargaurav

NOTE - I have not tested the build cuz I don't own this device.

Let me know if you find any bugs (Device Related) and read OP on how to report bugs
Lineage is still in beta stages so only report bugs if you think they are device related.
Do not ask for any feature request, they will be added in upcoming future builds

Hi
Thanks for this build. My peregrine booted without any problems. If I find any bugs I will send info.

Found one:
- device Thames - dark - is not working
- there also is no advance reboot option in developer menu
- can't enter to recovery via key combination, only via adb
- Magisk 16.71 not installed, but in TWRP installation was successful, so "su -" in terminal - permission denied -> fixed after installation Magisk Manager
- audio is not working (changing ringtone, alarm, notfication sound) - settings has stopped and no sound at all. -> also fixed after reboot audio is working fine
The Following User Says Thank You to bartekm01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bartekm01 Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 08:01 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Downloading for testing , thank you so much for this
28th August 2018, 09:09 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I don't know if its a bug or nota bit i can't root ROM with magisk and after flashing latest beta 16.7 i can't connect to internet in any browser but with playstore works fine
28th August 2018, 09:51 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,079

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartekm01

I guess we have to wait for https://review.lineageos.org/#/q/topicie-powermenu

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstargaurav

Source Code: [URL="https://github.com/MotoDevelopment"]https://github.com/MotoDevelopment[/URL

Hi,

many thanks for your contribution! Where can I find the device tree specific for peregrine, I mean the pie version of https://github.com/LineageOS/android...rola_peregrine
28th August 2018, 09:55 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartekm01

Hi
Thanks for this build. My peregrine booted without any problems. If I find any bugs I will send info.

Found one:
- device Thames - dark - is not working
- can't enter to recovery via key combination, only via adb
- Magisk 16.71 not installed, but in TWRP installation was successful, so "su -" in terminal - permission denied -> fixed after installation Magisk Manager
- audio is not working (changing ringtone, alarm, notfication sound) - settings has stopped and no sound at all. -> also fixed after reboot audio is working fine

Literally you quoted the msg in which I said features will not be there and will be added with time
Please read before sending anything
The Following User Says Thank You to Allstargaurav For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Allstargaurav Ad-Free
29th August 2018, 03:13 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
OHHH thanks... Downloading for testing
29th August 2018, 03:27 AM |#10  
Flag Ambon
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Love the new navbar.
30th August 2018, 01:30 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 45

More