7,424 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,387

By lost101, Recognized Contributor on 24th June 2015, 11:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th October 2018, 01:28 AM |#1051  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
EU Radio Firmware not updating on penegrine
OK . I picked out my old Moto G X 1039 Penegrine . It has been sitting in a box for years since I had stopped using it after a flash went wrong .

Basically the phone has an unlocked bootloader and has TWRP 2.7.1.0 installed .

I have since installed the 5.1 official untouched EU rom using the ADB sideload method . ( TWRP would not read/detect my external SD ) .

Now I am back to my original problem , the radios on the phone don't work . I have tried flashing the radio firmware multiple times but this gives me the same error every time

Quote:

Erasing modemst1...
assert failed: format ("raw" "EMMC", "modemst1", "0", "/modemst1")
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/data/media/0/sideload.zip'
Updating partition detals...

I would really like to use this phone , can anyone advise me , please post or send PM
[EDIT]

Despite the error , I just restarted the phone and it works !

Now im getting a weird random 'boot into recovery mode ' on its own !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181011_012122.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	4616051  

11th October 2018, 01:53 PM |#1052  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Ninety9

OK . I picked out my old Moto G X 1039 Penegrine . It has been sitting in a box for years since I had stopped using it after a flash went wrong .

I have since installed the 5.1 official untouched EU rom using the ADB sideload method . ( TWRP would not read/detect my external SD ) .

Now I am back to my original problem , the radios on the phone don't work . I have tried flashing the radio firmware multiple times but this gives me the same error every time

I would really like to use this phone , can anyone advise me , please post or send PM
[EDIT]

from which android version do you come.
11th October 2018, 07:23 PM |#1053  

More
Quote:

[EDIT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob...

from which android version do you come.

I think it was 4.4 but , the phone was stuck on "unlocked bootloader" screen, so am not 100%.
I think the SU application is forcing restart , so may have to reflash without the SU app , I guess . Ideally I want to lock the bootloader , as the atm/banking apps wont work . I am guessing the bootloader locking is done separately ?
11th October 2018, 07:40 PM |#1054  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:

I think it was 4.4 but , the phone was stuck on "unlocked bootloader" screen, so am not 100%.
I think the SU application is forcing restart , so may have to reflash without the SU app , I guess . Ideally I want to lock the bootloader , as the atm/banking apps wont work . I am guessing the bootloader locking is done separately ?

if you come from android 4, you have to upgrade the bootloader. flash stock android 5.1 for your device, should upgrade the bootloader. maybe someone knows how to flash only the bootloader.

forget everything, my mistake
11th November 2018, 05:46 PM |#1055  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
what dose it mean (Partially 'Stagefright' Patched) in the xt-1039 untouched ROM
24th January 2019, 03:56 PM |#1056  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is it no longer possible to do an OTA update from official stock Kitkat to Lolipop ?. My wife's old Moto G 4G is still on 4.4.4, I was gonna root it and put lineage on it but wanted to update it first so the radio firmware is OK, but it keeps telling me the phone is already up to date (when it obviously isn't).
6th February 2019, 12:58 AM |#1057  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riscas

I have a problem with the radio, signal loss problem. I tried many roms (like 5), it won't work with any.
Tried to flash the radio firmware here, it's impossible with TWRP (no modemst1 error 7), but without errors with mfastboot (however it's very quick doing it).

Any solution?

I just solved my error 7 (on Peregrine) using this - https://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...tool-t3093793/
It seemed to be the only way to make it work.
20th February 2019, 11:26 PM |#1058  

More
I have a peregrine phone which can make phone calls and send & receive texts, and connect to wifi, but which does not seem to do anything with cellular data.

A few weeks ago I tried upgrading this phone from an "unbloated" version of Android 6 to a LineageOS version of Android 7.1.12. And immediately this problem began, even though I've been told that upgrading a ROM has no bearing on the radio partitions.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? I can't remember what all I tried to do to fix this situation, but nothing seemed to work. I think I tried flashing the radio firmware that is mentioned at the beginning of this thread, but if I did I did not take notes on what exactly I did and what exactly happened.

I've also got TWRP v.3.2.3-0 and Fastboot v.41.1a on this phone.

Thank you for your time and compassion.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)