Thanks Meter: 9,390

By lost101, Recognized Contributor on 24th June 2015, 11:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th June 2015, 04:21 PM |#21  
Flag Fort Wayne, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 1,030

Donate to Me
More
Do you know of any way to update the boot loader without ota?

(I'm aware it is not available for my device yet, and no I am not trying to flash another model's firmware. I would not risk bricking my device over an issue that isn't effecting me)

Sent from my XT1045 using XDA Free mobile app

25th June 2015, 04:23 PM |#22  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 192

More
C'mon Moto. Give me 5.1 for my XT1045
The Following User Says Thank You to me_is_rushin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift me_is_rushin Ad-Free
25th June 2015, 04:26 PM |#23  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisholt92

Do you know of any way to update the boot loader without ota?

(I'm aware it is not available for my device yet, and no I am not trying to flash another model's firmware. I would not risk bricking my device over an issue that isn't effecting me)

OTA Update or motoboot.img from the correct Firmware image are the two main ways. I suppose it's possible someone could construct a motoboot.img from OTA Update, but I personally would not take the risk in flashing such a file.
25th June 2015, 04:26 PM |#24  
Flag Rabat
Thanks Meter: 476

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost101

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663029
If you want to make your own ROM, take one of the 'Untouched' zips from here, extract it - remove / add / modify and rezip and flash to test. Edit install script and build.prop to change ROM name.

Yes, no permanent changes are made by flashing this ROM. Bootloader and Radio are not touched.

Last question please, if I update from 4.4.4 to 5.1 with the official method (ota update) the bootloader and radio gonna be updated as well and it will be difficult or maybe impossible to go back to 4.4.4 right?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Rachid.Ala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rachid.Ala Ad-Free
25th June 2015, 04:31 PM |#25  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachid.Ala

Last question please, if I update from 4.4.4 to 5.1 with the official method (ota update) the bootloader and radio gonna be updated as well and it will be difficult or maybe impossible to go back to 4.4.4 right?

I can only talk from my experience with non-LTE Moto G.

There is a screen-flicker that occurs when running Lollipop with the KitKat Bootloader. The same thing occurs if you have the Lollipop Bootloader and run KitKat. Turning screen off once fixes the issue until you next reboot.

I have been running Lollipop with the KitKat Bootloader since January and no harm has been caused by doing so.
The Following User Says Thank You to lost101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lost101 Ad-Free
25th June 2015, 06:17 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_is_rushin

C'mon Moto. Give me 5.1 for my XT1045

I am not sure but it will work on xt1045, I will try it tonight.

Enviado desde mi XT1045 mediante Tapatalk
25th June 2015, 06:19 PM |#27  
Flag 06
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Tried the XT1039 Spanish rom untouched:
Going to TWRP, made a backup of my ROM (stock 4.4.4), wiped everything and flashed the zip.
TWRP says the flashing failed. Rebooted the recovery and reflashed, no error this time.
When rebooting, I can see some flicker in the motorola logo (was expected).
First boot: stuck in bootlogo, forced hard reboot after 10 mins....
Second boot: Android is optimizing apps, text is in Spanish.
After booting and configuring date/lang: sim not found, no baseband....rebooting.....still the same....
Go to TWRP, wiping everything and restoring backup made before....everything working again...

So I suppose an updated baseband is mandatory with 5.1 ROM ?
25th June 2015, 06:34 PM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
@mooms - Thanks for testing. I had something similar happen on my XT1032, but thought it was due to different hardware. Can you try clearing dalvik cache?
25th June 2015, 07:45 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
is it possible to dirty flash the optimized version over a stock installation?
and is there a factory image for eu or de already? i updated mine via OTA...
25th June 2015, 07:46 PM |#30  
Flag 06
Thanks Meter: 163

More
I had wiped everything before flashing.
I'm now on 4.4.4 again, and I will wait the availability of the full fastboot ROM for the XT1039 EU before attempting a new flash.
25th June 2015, 07:47 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooms

I had wiped everything before flashing.
I'm now on 4.4.4 again, and I will wait the availability of the full fastboot ROM for the XT1039 EU before attempting a new flash.

dude, you cant flash the spanish version on your eu phone... no wonder you had no receptions, the modems are different.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)