FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel][6.0] Valkyrie-L-6 [14/9/2016]

1,876 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,726

Post Reply Email Thread
Attention
/*
I'm not a developer, im taking effort to put more choices of kernel for our community.
This kernel is tweaked for my own taste.
Please do not request for more features because i want to ensure the stability of the kernel first.
And thank you for using this kernel.
*/

Disclaimer

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Disclaimer

CODE NAME: VALKYRIE VERSION

Features

Quote:

Quote:

Optimization Flags
- Compiled with latest Built with latest custom Gcc 4.8 LINARO Toolchain optimized for Cortex-A7
- -O3 Optimization (optimize for more performance! )
- Graphite optimizations

Quote:

Hotplug Drivers
- Add AutoSMP hotplug driver - default hotplug (really nice)

Quote:

Audio and Sound Tweaks
- Faux Sound Control
- add high performance mode audio (enabled by default)

Quote:

Extra Users Change-able Features (please refer to #4 post for more explanation in how you can adjust this below features)
- Upgraded Zram from kernel 4.x with 500mb size - full smooth multitasker
- KEXEC Support
- KCAL support for post processing control [v2]
- selinux in permissive - not in force, you can change it to enforcing if you want so don scare !
- DOUBLETAP2WAKE and SWEEP2WAKE/SWEEP2SLEEP
- Enabled all kind Advance TCP

Quote:

Extra Driver Modification differ from stock/CM kernel
- GPU driver aligned with CAF latest update
- Disable many debug option to reduced overhead of the kernel
- Modified Movement, Compass, Acceleration sensors to keep suspend when screen off.
- silenced various kernel logs

Quote:

Installation Guide :
Using TWRP
1. Reboot to recovery > Install > Pick the kernel > Confirm to Flash > Reboot
or
2. Flash it using Flashify

Quote:

Code:
Credit to :-
- CyanogenMod Developer team for providing the source
- developers that contributed in my github changes - all credit goes to them
- xda-developers.com
- and to all my kernel users, thanks.

XDA:DevDB Information
[Kernel][6.0] Valkyrie-L-6 [14/9/2016], Kernel for the Moto G

Contributors
hurtsky
Source Code: https://github.com/hurtsky/android_k...torola_msm8226

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 8
Stable Release Date: 2016-01-10

Created 2015-11-22
Last Updated 2016-09-14
The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to hurtsky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hurtsky Ad-Free

22nd November 2015, 06:17 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
FAQ - Freaking Annoying Question

Quote:

THIS KERNEL WORKING IN STOCK ROM ????

1. NO, this kernel for ROM that based on CM kernel - Android 6 - Marshmallow and up only

2. This kernel not for AOSParadox also .

SYNAPSE NOT WORKING SUDDENLY ????

1. Read this >>> CLICK HERE

IF HAVING ANY REBOOT? WHAT TO DO?

1. upload file last_kmsg that located in /proc/last_kmsg

2. infomation about what setting that you use : example: intelli plug with zzzmove

3. if only state that youre having reboot without any logs will be ignore.

ERROR DURING OR AFTER FLASHING THE KERNEL

1 . if you comes from others kernel or after flashing the kernel you had this following "error : Fastboot Reason : Fall-through from normal boot mode" or any error during flashing, please dirty flash your rom again to clean up any conflict from different kernel script.. let it reboot.. and flash this kernel..

2. If still happen, flash recommended recovery for this kernel >>> CLICK HERE

KERNEL DID NOT FLASH/THE VERSION STILL THE OLD VERSION

1. Put the kernel ZIP at folder /sdcard and flash it.

2. Please use recommended recovery for this kernel >>> CLICK HERE

OWN CUSTOM SETTING FOR KERNEL DID NOT STICKING AFTER BOOT

1. Make sure you used only 1 kernel tweaks and make sure you did change anything in "advance setting", remove the others apps and start tweaking your own favorite config. (i always suggested to use only Kernel Adiutor for tweaking the kernel)

2. Some ROM had they own boot script that will force the user to stick with it, this happen normally with interactive and cpu-boost config (in this kernel i already disabled completely cpu-boost so no need to worry about this). change interactive to another governors if you did not like what the ROM already did for you. (but i always recommend interactive, as it the most stable governors and updated for current time)

WHAT THE BEST OR RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION FOR THIS KERNEL??

1. Default configuration is always the best for me because i already tweaked and tested by my own and with my tester before release it to the forum.

2. If you did not like default config, just do your own way (google,do research or re-read all post in this thread because there are some advance users posted their own configuration) and i wont answer or provide any advice for this kind of questions because i always stick with my own configuration

A LITTLE UNRESPONSIVE TOUCH AFTER DOUBLETAP2WAKEUP

1. Please read 4th post in dt2w/s2w/s2s section.

HAVING LAG AFTER USING "YOUR OWN CONFIGURATION OR OTHERS CONFIGURATION" OR NOT USING THIS DEFAULT KERNEL CONFIG

1. Well, i only test my own configuration.. for newbies that try to use their own setting, please do research more before applying or changing any value or using other tweakable features here.. Having lag with your own setting is not my fault, this tweakable features e.g other governors/hotplug/io and etc is for advance user that love trying new stuff and the result is depend on how user tweak it....
2. i only provided guarantee for performance and better battery through my own config (flash and use it).

HELP ! HELP ! I SUDDENLY HAD ALL AWAKE IN BATTERY STATS

1. Just clear dalvik cache from your recovery/twrp

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to hurtsky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hurtsky Ad-Free
22nd November 2015, 06:17 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

Changelogs of VALKYRIE Kernel

CHANGELOGS for VALKYRIE VERSION > CLICK HERE

DOWNLOAD SECTION FOR VALKYRIE KERNEL

>>>>PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD<<<<

.Note : - if you comes from others kernel or after flashing the kernel you had this following "error : Fastboot Reason : Fall-through from normal boot mode" or any error during flashing, please dirty flash your rom again to clean up any conflict from different kernel script.. let it reboot.. and flash this kernel.. thank you
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to hurtsky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hurtsky Ad-Free
22nd November 2015, 06:17 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Special features and sysfs settings
Quote:

Dynamic dirty page writebacks
This feature has been developed by me and allows to dynamically manage the dirty page writebacks with two different intervals, one when the screen is on and another when the screen is off.
It is based on a commit of Francisco Franco, but instead of using hard coded values and of disabling at all the dirty page writebacks while the screen is on (possibility of data loss), I preferred to use a customizable higher dirty page writebacks interval (15 seconds) than the default one (5 seconds) while the screen is on and a customizable default interval (5 seconds) when the screen is off.
By using a higher interval we have better performance and less battery consumption, with a very low risk of data loss.

How to customize the dynamic dirty page writebacks feature (default enabled):

Three new procfs parameters are exposed inside /proc/sys/vm path:
- dynamic_dirty_writeback is the activation status of this feature, set 1 to enable it, set 0 to disable it and use the standard behaviour
- dirty_writeback_active_centisecs is the interval for the dirty page writebacks when the system is active (screen on), the default value is 1500 centisecs (15 seconds)
- dirty_writeback_suspend_centisecs is the interval for the dirty page writebacks when the system is suspended (screen off), the default value is 500 centisecs (5 seconds)

To change the value you can use Performance Control to suit your own taste

Quote:

KCAL support for post processing control [v2]
Please click the link below for more information, and how to use it : - all credits to savoca
[DEV][PATCH] KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS 8x10/8x26/8974/8084

Quote:

ZZMoove Governor Profile
use tools like Kernel Adiutor, Android Tuner or similar tools which are supporting the change of multible tuneables on-the-fly
or just do it directly in kernel sysfs via a terminal emulator and give the tuneable "profile_number" one of the following values:

1 for Default Balanced Profile
2 for Yank Battery -> Better battery, try to use lower freq as possible
3 for Yank Battery Extreme -> Aggressive Battery profile, by trying to reduce hotplugging as can as possible and with this profile the user will suffer abit in performance side
4 for ZaneZam Performance -> Extreme tuned for performance, aggressively try to hold on high frequency to obtain higher performance
5 for ZaneZam Relax -> Moderate tuned, more to balance but abit performance

Quote:

Quote:

DT2W/S2W/S2S = DOUBLETAP2WAKE/SWEEP2WAKE/SWEEP2SLEEP
Implemented with Pocket mode, in which, each time proximity sensor been covered, it will suspend touch to avoid sudden screen wakeup.
Normally proximity sensor will active to covered when it detect any object about 3cm from phone distance.
Please use kernel adiutor to enable it.

Known bug for this features for now is:
1 - touch will less responsive during first wakeup after doubletap

Quote:

/-------------New wakegesture been reverted because bugging touch in multiROM startup screen-------------------/
/-------------Wake Gesture implementation only available in Hs9 until Hs12, and simplerV5-----------------------------/

Unhide to read more information about it

Quote:

WAKE GESTURE
Implemented with Pocket mode, in which, each time proximity sensor been covered, it will suspend touch to avoid sudden screen wakeup. Normally proximity sensor will active to covered when it detect any object about 3cm from phone distance.

Known bug for this features for now is:
1 - touch will less responsive during first wakeup after doubletap

NOTE !

1- To ensure all the wake gesture working correctly, users must use this apk >>> http://elementalx.org/wake-gestures/ to enable or modify the setting
2- Only use kernel adiutor to change doubletap2wake function for FULL SCREEN or HALF SCREEN/bottom side and to enable sleep2wake ONLY.
3- Do not use kernel adiutor to enable sweep2wake feature and all feature that activate through swipe
4- Pocket detection in wake gesture.apk wont work for us, so no need to enable or tick it, we already had automatic pocket detection from kernel directly
5- doubletap2wake is default in HALF SCREEN MODE/bottom side only, which means, you can only double tap on bottom side only to wake up, use kernel adiutor to change it.

EXTRA FEATURES IN WAKE GESTURE!

Quote:

Wake Gestures

This is a new feature similar to the Motion Launch Gestures on the HTC One m8. Requires this app:http://elementalx.org/wake-gestures/

Set /sys/android_touch/wake_gestures to 1 to enable input events for wake gesture actions. Set to 0 to use traditional sweep2wake or doubletap2wake (wakes up the phone and turns on the screen only).

Quote:

Sweep2wake

Sweep2wake allows you to turn on your phone by swiping your finger across the screen. There are four sweep actions that will work

Gesture........Value
Sweep right......1
Sweep left........2
Sweep up.........4
Sweep down....8

Add up the values for each gesture you want to enable and put the total in /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake. For example, to enable all gestures, the value is 15 (1+2+4+8). To enable sweep right, sweep left and sweep up, the value is 7 (1+2+4)

/sys/android_touch/sweep2wake

Quote:

Doubletap2wake

DoubleTap2Wake (DT2W) allows you to wake the device by double tapping anywhere on the screen. This causes significant battery drain.

/sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake

0 = disabled
1 = enabled (bottom of screen only)
2 = enabled (full screen)

Quote:

Vibration Strength

Haptic feedback can be enabled for the wake gestures in /sys/android_touch/vib_strength. This setting takes a number between 0 and 90. Default is 20. Setting this to 0 disables haptic feedback for gestures.

Quote:

S2W/DT2W power key toggle

If enabled, turning the screen off with the power button disables s2w and dt2w to save battery (since s2w/dt2w cause significant battery drain). When you turn the screen back on, s2w and dt2w return to their previous settings. If the screen times out, s2w/dt2w are not disabled this is only if you use the power button to turn it off. You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

Quote:

S2W/DT2W Timeout

Doubletap2wake and sweep2wake can be automatically disabled after a certain number of minutes. I give a few choices between 5 and 120 minutes in the installer. Default is 30 minutes. You can put in whatever you want in /etc/elementalx.conf.

When the screen is turned on, the timeout is canceled and will start again next time you turn the screen off. This means that if you have your screen set to come on for incoming messages or notifications, the timeout will start over again.

If you also enabled the power button to toggle s2w/dt2w, there is no timeout when you use the power button, the wake functions are immediately disabled (same as before).

You can edit /etc/elementalx.conf to change the setting on boot.

Quote:

Sweep2Sleep

Sweep2Sleep allows you to put the device to sleep by sweeping your finger across the navigation bar area. Unlike Sweep2wake, this does not cause any battery drain.

/sys/android_touch/sweep2sleep

0 = disabled
1 = sweep right
2 = sweep left
3 = sweep left or right

Quote:

DRAW CIRCLE TO OPEN CAMERA
[Note/Requirement] - The ROM's itself must have this function > Click 2 times to open the Camera < enabled in settings, a ROM without this features, cannot use this "Draw Circle to Open Camera" option.

Credits to @antarix
"Tips to use circle gesture for camera(it won't work if you enable any gesture from wake gestures app) - need to use Kernel Adiutor for this options
The best thing is we can still use dt2w and s2w/s2s from kernel tweaking apps.
Draw a semi circle(it reacts too good even at semi circle)/full circle from top right/left to use circle gesture to open camera directly while screen is off.

The drawn circle should at least consume half of the screen".

Quote:

MSM_LIMITER
This function will limit the cpu in certain condition such as frequency during suspend, resume and min frequency. This features enabled in default and the frequency already been set for highest suspend freq to 787Mhz (screen off), min freq 300Mhz, resume freq 1.2Ghz. This feature may can reduce power consumption as it limit our cpu frequency after the screen off.

so here the step to disable it: -

1. By using Terminal Emulator (note that set value will be lost after a reboot/shutdown)
- Open Terminal Emulator
- Run this command to disable msm_limiter feature

Code:
su
echo "0" > /sys/kernel/msm_limiter/limiter_enabled
echo "0" for disable or echo "1" for enable it back

Furthermore, you can adjust the frequency of suspend, resume and min frequency to suit your taste here the command

1. For resume frequency
Code:
su
echo "<put you own frequency here without ">" symbol >" > /sys/kernel/msm_limiter/resume_max_freq
example:-
Code:
su
echo "1824000" > /sys/kernel/msm_limiter/resume_max_freq
this will make your CPU freq up to 1.8Ghz when screen on.. it just an example.

2. For suspend frequency
Code:
su
echo "<put you own frequency here without ">" symbol >" > /sys/kernel/msm_limiter/suspend_max_freq
Table of our devices frequency

Code:

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to hurtsky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hurtsky Ad-Free
22nd November 2015, 06:18 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
CUSTOM LOGO !

flash it like any zip

thanks to @antarix and @Angua 666 for testing with me and for inspiration for the logo !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t2.jpg
Views:	71652
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	3567853  
Attached Files
File Type: zip hurtskylogo.zip - [Click for QR Code] (594.2 KB, 696 views)
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to hurtsky For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hurtsky Ad-Free
22nd November 2015, 06:45 AM |#6  
Flag Surat
Thanks Meter: 523

More
Cheers!

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to antarix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antarix Ad-Free
22nd November 2015, 06:47 AM |#7  
Flag Bilbao
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtsky

updated ! ... enjoy ! thanks to @antarix and @Angua 666 for testing with me..

And enjoying too
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angua 666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Angua 666 Ad-Free
22nd November 2015, 06:50 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Great kernel as always, thanks hurtsky
Sent using XDA One
The Following User Says Thank You to cdvsnp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cdvsnp Ad-Free
22nd November 2015, 07:53 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
smooth kernel ,by installing this dont know how truecaller started working previously it used to give fc
The Following User Says Thank You to Tjsdj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tjsdj Ad-Free
22nd November 2015, 09:04 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 151

Donate to Me
More
Good to see marshmallow version of this kernel...downloading...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarkElf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkElf Ad-Free
22nd November 2015, 11:52 AM |#11  
Flag LĀ“Escala
Thanks Meter: 37

More
thanks @hurtsky
The Following User Says Thank You to kiyo75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kiyo75 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)