By vkk178, Senior Member on 9th June 2015, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2015, 05:54 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 962

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by felmaster

I flashed the stock recovery, and the update was unsuccessful again. However, after reboot, it didn't try to install it again. The phone just told me that the update failed.

So I went to Settings -> Updates (or whatever it's called), and now I'm on the page which says that I can download the update. I'll start downloading. I won't install it though. Can you tell me how to proceed in order to capture the file (221.21.56.en.BR)?

Dont turn off your phone now!!!
Just connect it via usb (also check usb debugging in developer settings before connecting the phone) , open the command promt in the folder where fastboot and adb files are located (the folder with recovery you've flashed) and run the following command
adb devices
If you'll see your device was found then run
adb logcat > log.txt
Disconnect the phone after 2-5 sec and share the log file

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote:

I'm on stock recovery again The phone doesn't attempt to install the update anymore. It just said it failed. The update is now downloading for the second time. Can I just grab it using a file explorer on my device? Where is it going to be located?

If you're rooted you can find it in the /cache folder

27th August 2015, 06:02 PM |#82  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0bes

Dont turn off your phone now!!!
Just connect it via usb (also check usb debugging in developer settings before connecting the phone) , open the command promt in the folder where fastboot and adb files are located (the folder with recovery you've flashed) and run the following command
adb devices
If you'll see your device was found then run
adb logcat > log.txt
Disconnect the phone after 2-5 sec and share the log file

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

If you're rooted you can find it in the /cache folder

adb devices command shows an empty line after "List of devices attached". I have USB debugging enabled.

I'm at the /cache folder now. There is a file called "Blur_Version.220.21.28.falcon_umts.Brasil.en.BR.z ip". The version number seems strange to me though. It's the same version as my currently installed system (5.0.2). The update page said that the update should be 221.21.56.en.BR. Is the 220.21.28 file the correct one? I can't see a creation date of the file.
27th August 2015, 06:09 PM |#83  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

adb devices command shows an empty line after "List of devices attached". I have USB debugging enabled.

I'm at the /cache folder now. There is a file called "Blur_Version.220.21.28.falcon_umts.Brasil.en.BR.z ip". The version number seems strange to me though. It's the same version as my currently installed system (5.0.2). The update page said that the update should be 221.21.56.en.BR. Is the 220.21.28 file the correct one? I can't see a creation date of the file.

that's the correct one file
new update name always the same as your current system version
27th August 2015, 06:12 PM |#84  
Flag Prague

More
Quote:

Alright, thanks.

I got the file. I'll upload it to my Google Drive and share a link. Or is there any better place to upload it to?
The Following User Says Thank You to felmaster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift felmaster Ad-Free
27th August 2015, 06:14 PM |#85  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,394

Donate to Me
More
I've been unable to locate the OTA Update info on Motorola Brazil's website, however I did find the page for Moto X (1st Gen) 5.1 - and that has the version number: 222.21.15
https://motorola-global-portal-pt.cu...il/a_id/105216
27th August 2015, 06:16 PM |#86  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:

220.21.28 is 5.0.2 . Not sure why u got that again . Try clearing cache and triggering update again ( worked on my nexus when updates were not visible ) . I'm assuming u are on stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
27th August 2015, 06:32 PM |#87  
Flag Prague

More
So... Here's one answer:
Quote:

And here's another:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkk178

220.21.28 is 5.0.2 . Not sure why u got that again . Try clearing cache and triggering update again ( worked on my nexus when updates were not visible ) . I'm assuming u are on stock recovery

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Which one of you guys is right? Anyway, here is the download link for the 220.21.28 file, whatever it is.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B05...ew?usp=sharing
I'll clear cache and trigger the download again to see if anything changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost101

I've been unable to locate the OTA Update info on Motorola Brazil's website, however I did find the page for Moto X (1st Gen) 5.1 - and that has the version number: 222.21.15

https://motorola-global-portal-pt.cu...il/a_id/105216

Well, the update page was in Portuguese, so I didn't really understand it. However, I took a screenshot of it:
The Following User Says Thank You to felmaster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift felmaster Ad-Free
27th August 2015, 06:45 PM |#88  

Donate to Me
More
@felmaster I'm right for sure
27th August 2015, 06:50 PM |#89  
Flag Prague

More
Quote:

@felmaster I'm right for sure

Great. Do you have any idea what should I do in order to install the update myself? I'm now on stock recovery, but I still have modified system (I've deleted some system apps, I'm rooted, and have Xposed framwork installed). Should I first do a clean 5.0.2 install before I'll attempt to install the new update? And how to install the file I've captured? Can I just flash it from recovery (custom/stock?) afterwards? Or do I need to use fastboot or mfastboot commands? Thanks.
27th August 2015, 07:00 PM |#90  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Great. Do you have any idea what should I do in order to install the update myself? I'm now on stock recovery, but I still have modified system (I've deleted some system apps, I'm rooted, and have Xposed framwork installed). Should I first do a clean 5.0.2 install before I'll attempt to install the new update? And how to install the file I've captured? Can I just flash it from recovery (custom/stock?) afterwards? Or do I need to use fastboot or mfastboot commands? Thanks.

download fastboot firmware you're currently running on your phone
I assume here it is http://www.filefactory.com/file/5i31...12_CFC.xml.zip
and flash through fastboot only system files (3-4 files depends on firmware)
then you'll be able to install ota update
there're steps how to install ota manually http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...oto-g-t3012336
The Following User Says Thank You to S0bes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift S0bes Ad-Free
27th August 2015, 07:40 PM |#91  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 1,573

Donate to Me
More
This is upgrade for Moto G 1st with Android 5.1 ?

Anyone with eu retail get the update ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)