FORUMS

Android 4.4.4 - Motorola changelog (unofficial)

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By zack.1988, Member on 18th July 2014, 09:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I decided to make an unofficial changelog with all the improvements in the 4.4.4 update, respect to the previous ones. I'll start first, with the things I've noticed so far. Your contributes are welcome!

ANDROID 4.4.4 BY MOTOROLA - UNOFFICIAL CHANGELOG

- BUG FIXED: Can't charge the phone while turned off without booting the system
- BUG FIXED: Error while unmounting usb stick with OTG
- PERFORMANCES IMPROVEMENT: Gallery loads up photos really quicker within big collections
- SETTINGS IMPROVEMENT: Added setting to hide the network provider from the status bar
- SETTINGS IMPROVEMENT: Some Motorola services can now be disabled (OTA Motorola, Motorola Notification, Motorola Services, etc.)
- SETTINGS IMPROVEMENT: Added pause button to video recorder (thanks to NextGenGTR)
- NEW UI: Dialer
- NEW UI: Contact/People (thanks to Sandivisi)

-!NEW CAMERA BUG! Worse autofocus, especially shooting nearby subjects
-!NEW CAMERA BUG! Some of the shoots with flash have a stripe which divides the image in two parts with different brightness
-!NEW BUG! autorotating screen to widescreen even when barely moving the phone to one side. Then, you need to rotate 90° (widescreen) and then back to restore the normal position
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to zack.1988 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zack.1988 Ad-Free
18th July 2014, 09:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Maybe something from official changelog? https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhe...il/a_id/100575
18th July 2014, 10:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zack.1988

I decided to make an unofficial changelog with all the improvements in the 4.4.4 update, respect to the previous ones. I'll start first, with the things I've noticed so far. Your contributes are welcome!

ANDROID 4.4.4 BY MOTOROLA - UNOFFICIAL CHANGELOG

- BUG FIXED: Can't charge the phone while turned off without booting the system
- BUG FIXED: Error while unmounting usb stick with OTG
- PERFORMANCES IMPROVEMENT: Gallery loads up photos really quicker within big collections
- SETTINGS IMPROVEMENT: Added setting to hide the network provider from the status bar
- SETTINGS IMPROVEMENT: Some Motorola services can now be disabled (OTA Motorola, Motorola Notification, Motorola Services, etc.)
- NEW UI: Dialer
- NEW UI: Contact/People (thanks to Sandivisi)

Video pause added too.
The Following User Says Thank You to NextGenGTR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NextGenGTR Ad-Free
18th July 2014, 10:30 PM |#5  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 286

More
Is it me or camera IQ seems better in 4.4.4? I've taken some pictures of trees from far away and there seems to be some more detail resolved than usual, less "painting" effect.. or it could be me. What are your impressions with the update on this regard?
18th July 2014, 10:40 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanchotazo99

Is it me or camera IQ seems better in 4.4.4? I've taken some pictures of trees from far away and there seems to be some more detail resolved than usual, less "painting" effect.. or it could be me. What are your impressions with the update on this regard?

seriously??
18th July 2014, 10:41 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanchotazo99

the only way to find out is to flash a stock based rom (tweaky rom which is still on 4.4.2) and take a picture there than restore to a 4.4.4 backup and see if there is any difference
18th July 2014, 10:57 PM |#8  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 286

More
See for yourselves, this looks quite detailed to me. These are as taken, no photoshopping to make them look better. At least you can make out the leaves, you couldn't do that before. That other picture was a macro attempt, and the focused part comes out quite clear.

To me, this is better than on 4.4.2, I had taken pictures like these before of the same things (sadly I've deleted them so we can't compare) and from memory this is better. Check it out for yourselves on your usual shooting subjects if you see improvements.

edit: Please try to keep a steady hand. If there's something this phone hates, it's shaky hands... even the slightest shake will screw up your pictures.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juanchotazo99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift juanchotazo99 Ad-Free
18th July 2014, 11:34 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Some of the changelog is from things in 4.4.3 which non 4g/lte users won't get as they update straight to 4.4.4

For instance the setting to hide carrier in status bar is in 4.4.3
Edit: also i can disable those motorola apps on 4.4.3
18th July 2014, 11:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 936

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggeh

Some of the changelog is from things in 4.4.3 which non 4g/lte users won't get as they update straight to 4.4.4

For instance the setting to hide carrier in status bar is in 4.4.3
Edit: also i can disable those motorola apps on 4.4.3

The 4.4.4 changes include the 4.4.3

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
19th July 2014, 01:33 AM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,417

Donate to Me
More
I've observed some Miracast / DNLA fixes in 4.4.3 (and therefore 4.4.4.)
Quote:

This feature now works correctly with Android 4.4.3. However, you still need to enable the 'Cast screen' settings menu by adding the following line (if not already present) to /system/build.prop:

persist.debug.wfd.enable=1
Additionally, 4.4.3 improves compatibility with Allcast and BubbleUPnP, along with other DNLA apps that did not operate correctly in 4.4.2.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)