(Also for downgrading to KitKat without softbricked phone!)
Okay, I decided to do the OTA to lollipop, everything went fine. So after some use I decided to play with the /system partition. I formatted it without making a working backup so my phone was kinda softbricked. REMEMBER THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR HARDBRICKED BOOTLOADERS, you guys have to wait.
SO WHAT TO DO?
1. Plug your phone into fastboot in your pc.
2. Flash a custom recovery, like CWM, I know you'll have a screen rimble effect due the new bootloader (doesn't matter)
3. Open recovery and keep it plugged into PC, recovery will have adb on by default so leave recovery as it is.
4. Open CMD and type:
7. Now download a firmware flashable zip to the directory in your CMD (CyanogenMod or stock firmwares from here)
8. Now you have to make sure you are able to mount the /sdcard in recovery: To make sure do a /data and media wipe. (Also helps on GPe ROM and the encryption problem!)
9. Now you can push the downloaded zip to the phone's sdcard using:
adb push yourrom.zip /sdcard/yourrom.zip
10. Now you can install but you may face a not working SIM or WiFi, you need to download a .xml.zip firmware corresponding to your just flashed version. Navigate to your firmware folder using CMD. Then type:
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin fastboot erase modemst1 fastboot erase modemst2 fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
SOME GUYS MADE A HUGE MISTAKE AND BRICKED THEIR BOOTLOADER. THEY FLASHED LOLLIPOP OTA, THEN DOWNGRADED TO 4.4.2 AND THEY TRIED TO UPDATE TO 4.4.4 BY OTA!
THAT RUINED THE BOOTLOADER SEE BELOW!
FOR HARDBRICKED DEVICES
You ruined your bootloader, we need a mbm-ci (blankflasher tool) with the 5.0 bootloader. We have to wait till Motorola releases it. So no support yet.
Sorry guys, that was the risk!
HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS TUTORIAL!