I am a newbie to Android development but I have a will to learn and work hard. I would like to obtain help from developers while I embark on a mission to build a Android ROM for our beloved Moto G falcon.
What I already did:
1. Setup AOSP build environment from Android official tutorial and had a successful build of nougat 7.1.1
2. Currently, I have setup the build environment for lineage-os using this guide:
1. I wish to build an Android 8.x ROM eventually. Lineage is not ready yet, so I was thinking of going ahead with AOSP. Correct me if I am wrong.
2. If I do that, I will first have to build the falcon device tree. I will follow some tutorials for that but will need help here.
3. When I am done with that, I will start the building process and that is when the real work starts.
I will start building the device tree in 2-3 days and will post for help wherever required. I will keep this thread updated with my progress and resources as well.
Anybody who is willing to work with me on this project is welcome to do so. Send me a PM and we can be a team.
1. This is my first time creating a thread on XDA Forums. If I made a mistake, please let me know.
2. This is not just another Android Oreo thread. I plan to learn Android device development and coincidentally the time matches with Android O release. Possibly a good time to learn
Moto G (falcon) XT1033 India
Moto G4 Plus (athene) XT1644 US