Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[DEV][HELP]Custom ROM development[Possibly Oreo]

331 posts
Thanks Meter: 125

By virajmalia, Senior Member on 31st August 2017, 10:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello Moto G community!

I am a newbie to Android development but I have a will to learn and work hard. I would like to obtain help from developers while I embark on a mission to build a Android ROM for our beloved Moto G falcon.

What I already did:
1. Setup AOSP build environment from Android official tutorial and had a successful build of nougat 7.1.1
2. Currently, I have setup the build environment for lineage-os using this guide:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/che...-14-1-t3551484
A Lineage 14.1 build is in progress as I write this and hopefully there will be no errors. I plan to flash it on my device and try it out personally to see for myself how well it turns out to be. *Done
Plan:
1. I wish to build an Android 8.x ROM eventually. Lineage is not ready yet, so I was thinking of going ahead with AOSP. Correct me if I am wrong.
2. If I do that, I will first have to build the falcon device tree. I will follow some tutorials for that but will need help here.
3. When I am done with that, I will start the building process and that is when the real work starts.

I will start building the device tree in 2-3 days and will post for help wherever required. I will keep this thread updated with my progress and resources as well.
Anybody who is willing to work with me on this project is welcome to do so. Send me a PM and we can be a team.

To moderators:
1. This is my first time creating a thread on XDA Forums. If I made a mistake, please let me know.
2. This is not just another Android Oreo thread. I plan to learn Android device development and coincidentally the time matches with Android O release. Possibly a good time to learn

My Devices:
Moto G (falcon) XT1033 India
Moto G4 Plus (athene) XT1644 US
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to virajmalia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift virajmalia Ad-Free

1st September 2017, 12:49 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
this is great, good luck bro, i am waiting for android O
1st September 2017, 04:39 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Here comes the first one:

Lineage 14.1 arm-eng

Code:
[ 39% 13388/33953] Building with Jack: /media/viraj/Work/Android/Dev/android_lineage_14.1/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex
FAILED: /bin/bash /media/viraj/Work/Android/Dev/android_lineage_14.1/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/with-local/classes.dex.rsp
java.lang.AssertionError: java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry: jayce/com/android/internal/inputmethod/InputMethodSubtypeSwitchingController$ImeSubtypeListItem.jayce
	at com.android.sched.vfs.WriteZipFS$ZipEntryOutputStream.writeEntryIfNeeded(WriteZipFS.java:350)
	at com.android.sched.vfs.WriteZipFS$ZipEntryOutputStream.close(WriteZipFS.java:320)
	at com.android.sched.vfs.VFSToVFSWrapper.dumpToDir(VFSToVFSWrapper.java:127)
	at com.android.sched.vfs.VFSToVFSWrapper.dumpToDir(VFSToVFSWrapper.java:112)
	at com.android.sched.vfs.VFSToVFSWrapper.close(VFSToVFSWrapper.java:99)
	at com.android.sched.vfs.ReadWriteZipFS.close(ReadWriteZipFS.java:87)
	at com.android.sched.vfs.GenericOutputVFS.close(GenericOutputVFS.java:56)
	at com.android.jack.library.v0002.OutputJackLibraryImpl.close(OutputJackLibraryImpl.java:218)
	at com.android.jack.Jack.run(Jack.java:742)
	at com.android.jack.Jack.checkAndRun(Jack.java:412)
	at com.android.jack.CommandLine.runJack(CommandLine.java:79)
	at com.android.jack.api.v01.impl.Cli01CompilationTaskImpl.run(Cli01CompilationTaskImpl.java:85)
	at com.android.jack.server.tasks.JackTask.handle(JackTask.java:188)
	at com.android.jack.server.tasks.SynchronousServiceTask.handle(SynchronousServiceTask.java:49)
	at com.android.jack.server.tasks.JackTaskRawOut.handle(JackTaskRawOut.java:34)
	at com.android.jack.server.router.ContentTypeRouter.handle(ContentTypeRouter.java:86)
	at com.android.jack.server.router.PartParserRouter.handle(PartParserRouter.java:95)
	at com.android.jack.server.router.PathRouter.handle(PathRouter.java:68)
	at com.android.jack.server.router.ContentTypeParameterRouter.handle(ContentTypeParameterRouter.java:88)
	at com.android.jack.server.router.ContentTypeRouter.handle(ContentTypeRouter.java:86)
	at com.android.jack.server.router.ContentTypeParameterRouter.handle(ContentTypeParameterRouter.java:88)
	at com.android.jack.server.router.MethodRouter.handle(MethodRouter.java:69)
	at com.android.jack.server.router.RootContainer.handle(RootContainer.java:51)
	at org.simpleframework.http.core.RequestDispatcher.dispatch(RequestDispatcher.java:121)
	at org.simpleframework.http.core.RequestDispatcher.run(RequestDispatcher.java:103)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry: jayce/com/android/internal/inputmethod/InputMethodSubtypeSwitchingController$ImeSubtypeListItem.jayce
	at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.putNextEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:232)
	at com.android.sched.util.file.OutputZipFile$CustomZipOutputStream.putNextEntry(OutputZipFile.java:150)
	at com.android.sched.vfs.WriteZipFS$ZipEntryOutputStream.writeEntryIfNeeded(WriteZipFS.java:346)
	... 34 more

Internal compiler error (version 1.2-rc4 'Carnac' (298900 f95d7bdecfceb327f9d201a1348397ed8a843843 by android-jack-team@google.com)).
java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry: jayce/com/android/internal/inputmethod/InputMethodSubtypeSwitchingController$ImeSubtypeListItem.jayce.
Warning: This may have produced partial or corrupted output.
Couldn't find a solution to this not-so-rare problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to virajmalia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift virajmalia Ad-Free
1st September 2017, 03:03 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
I just re-ran
Code:
 brunch falcon
and did not see that error again. It is not reproducible.

Now I am stuck at Out of Memory error for the same file. I tried reducing max-services for jack server in config file to 1.
I tried multiple heap sizes (2,4,6,8 GB) using -Xmx flag. No luck.

I am curious as to why AOSP built successfully and LOS is showing these errors. They both use jack-server right?
I will search for a solution for a few hours now. If anyone has any, please let me know.

Edit: Alright! I made a build without using ninja.
Code:
export USE_NINJA=false
brunch falcon
Took longer, but succeeded. It boots but SetupWizard stops after setting up Google account. Cannot bypass it to home. Deleting LineageSetupWizard in /system/priv-app using adb works.
See screenshot below.
This completes 1 task. I can start building the device tree tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170901-192226.png
Views:	146
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	4259735   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170901-033449.png
Views:	144
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	4259736  
The Following User Says Thank You to virajmalia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift virajmalia Ad-Free
2nd September 2017, 07:15 AM |#5  

More
great still like this
2nd September 2017, 07:39 AM |#6  
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Can you tell me size of source code ?? How long it will take to download source code
2nd September 2017, 02:23 PM |#8  
Flag Bom Jesus do Galho
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortoszoneID

Trying to build aosp O today. Still syncing

That is something! I'd like to test this build if you are successful.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcarvalho18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rcarvalho18 Ad-Free
3rd September 2017, 06:38 AM |#9  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Me too

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using XDA-Developers Legacy app
3rd September 2017, 11:58 PM |#10  
Flag BD
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Good step dude...
Just one request "Please focus to build Stable one rather then frequent unstable update"
4th September 2017, 12:40 AM |#11  

More
I hope they do not abandon this project is very good
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, aosp, development, lineage, oreo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)